A house, the dogs and...

Lily- A story of rebirth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Freen noticed her daughter was feverish and worried about it.

__ Penguin, are you feeling sick? Does your throat hurt or something?

__ No, Mummy.__ The 5-year-old murmured with a weak voice.

The 31-year-old caresses the child’s hair and kissed her cheek gently.

__ So what is it? Are you sad? Did something happen? 

Hesitantly, the cute girl confessed:

__ Becky didn’t call. I miss her.

Glancing at her precious kid, the artist smiled and shook her head.

__ You’re just like that blockhead!

Pouting, Lily murmured:

__ Are you upset at me, mummy?

Freen petted her daughter’s back and responded with the softest voice:

__ You’ll never disappoint me, baby! I just wish you had asked me to contact Becky. Are you afraid of making me jealous? Is this the issue?

Surprised, the 5-year-old gulped.

__ I... don’t wanna make mummy suffer and cry. You know Lily will always be yours, right?

Poking the little child’s belly, the brunette leaned to kiss her in the same area.

Becky’s younger version giggled and begged:

__ Stop it, mummy! Please, Lily is gonna pee. 

The adult smiled and kissed her daughter again.

__ Babe, I won’t be upset. It’s absolutely normal that you love Becky.

The 5-year-old showed her concern:

__ Really? You’re not gonna think I’m giving you less love? 

Freen the girl’s arm and responded:

__ Love is infinite. It doesn’t end just because we give our heart to more than one person.

Exhaling, the little girl seemed to relax.

__ That’s good, mummy.

The 31-year-old laughed and said:

__ I want you to be happy. Just follow your heart, sweetie. By the way, you can call her mom if you want.

Widening her eyes, Lily bit her lip while thinking about what her mother had said.

__ Do you think Becky would like that?

Standing up, the dark-haired female replied:

__ Of course she will! It’s an amazing feeling, you know? Being called mom is magical. Now... Let’s call that cute cat!

The pretty child clapped her hands with excitement while her mother grabbed the phone.

Freen pressed the younger one’s contact number and smiled in anticipation.

Suddenly a stranger answered to the call, and she frowned.

__ Is this Becky’s phone?__ Her pitch went low.

__ Yes. Who wants to talk to her? __ The woman asked and laughed.

Sighing loudly, the artist tried to hide her anger because she didn’t want Lily to notice it.

__ Tell her to pick up this phone now. Otherwise Lily will be busy for quite a while.

__ Huh? Lily? Is that your name? __ The female sounded drunk.

Freen heard noises in the background and Becky scolding the stranger.

__ P’Freen, is everything ok? __ The 27-year-old asked with concern.

Gritting her teeth, the brunette ignored the question and mumbled:

__ Who is this... person, Rebecca? And why is she handling your phone?

The younger one understood the situation and struggled to decide if she should joke around or not.

Going to the safe mode, the brown-haired female explained:

__ Ah, that’s Jessie. She is like a manager during the promo tour. I was in the shower. That’s why she picked up the call.

Almost hissing, the 31-year-old murmured:

__ Does she really need to stay in your room? And answer to your calls? What’s next? Buying you and pads? 

Unable to hold her laughter, the Thai-British lover:

__ No need to be that jealous, teerak. Only you can take care of me and my .

__ Go to hell, Rebecca... Lily wants to talk to you. __ Freen murmured the first sentence to avoid that her daughter heard.

She placed the phone on the little girl’s hand and encouraged her to chat. 

Excited, Becky’s xerox exclaimed with her strong British accent:

__ Will it take you much more to come back, Becky? Lily misses you soooo much!

Melting, the brown-haired female reassured her daughter about her love and said she missed her too.

After explaining, she had to work abroad for at least 6 more days, the 27-year-old promised they would do a lot of fun activities on her return.

Lily acted all pouty and commented she missed Becky’s voice before bedtime and the Thai-British melted again.

__ Please, ask Mummy to call me when is your time to sleep, penguin. Becky will sing you a song.

__ Okay...

Freen realized her kid was hesitating to use the magical word with the actress.

She caressed Lily’s hair and whispered:

__ It’s okay. Maybe you can call her mom when you’re together. No need to rush, baby.

The little one nodded and handed her the phone.

__ Lily is done talking. See you, Rebecca.

The artist spoke so fast that was barely heard.

__ P’Freen, wait! __ Becky exclaimed.

__Hm?__ The 31-year-old was sulking.

Using her second voice, the Thai-British said:

__ Nong Bec misses P’Fiin so much! I can’t stop thinking of your taste and scent.

Even though the tone was cute, Freen was aroused.

However, she didn’t give in and simply responded:

__ I’m sure you have other things to keep you distracted.

__ Babe, stop it... I just have eyes for you. Come on! It took us 8 years to be together. Why would I risk losing you again?__ The gorgeous actress stated firmly.

This time, the older one felt warm and her heart skipped a beat.

__ Okay. Let’s move on.

__ Do you miss Nong Bec? __ The 27-year-old asked all girlie.

Freen smiled but acted indifferently.

__ Uhum.

The younger one insisted:

__ Do you?

Freen murmured:

__ Yes...

__ Please, say it.

Blushing, the 31-year-old confessed:

__ P’Freen misses Nong Beck so much that it hurts. I wish you were hugging me.

__ God! I’m so close to ignore my job... You and Lily are everything to me.

Becky’s intense voice made Freen feel reassured and her collection of butterflies in the stomach was growing.

__ x __

The artist walked around the neighborhood with her child.

They visited a street fair, and Freen taught her daughter about the local fruits and food.

After a couple of hours, they sat to try a homemade dish.

Everything was going well, and Lily couldn’t stop asking questions to her mother.

But suddenly, Freen felt they were being watched.

When the artist looked back, two people were taking pictures of her child.

The dark-haired female paid the bill and took her daughter to a cab stop.

__ What happened, mummy? Why are you so tense?

After telling the driver their address, the artist rubbed the little girl’s hand.

__ Did you see some people taking your pictures?

The 5-year-old nodded while staring at her mother.

__ I used to be famous here in Thailand. Not as much as Becky is now. But I had fans. And also people who didn’t really like me. I tried to protect you and keep your existence a secret. Don’t think we can hide you anymore... Don’t worry, penguin. Bec and Mummy will protect you no matter what.

__ I’m not scared, mummy. We’re gonna be fine. __ The child sat on the brunette’s lap and rested her head on her chest. 

That opened a genuine smile on the artist’s face.

When they arrived home, Freen saw Rawee sitting on the porch.

Lily ran to greet her grandmother and the middle-aged female kissed the child affectionately.

__ Hi, mom. Good to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter