Chapter 6

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The reality of the newfound information hit the Lee family so hard that they felt weak in their legs. It was a great shock none of them could recover from.

 

Cathy's mouth had become numb, she couldn't speak while Kira's tears kept screaming down her puffy eyes.

 

Mr. Lee Jung recalled all that had happened on the day of Baekhyun's wedding. The way Baekhyun had spoken back then in an authoritative tone, his dominating aura, and his scary countenance. Everything made so much sense.

 

He stood up and left the living room to his room. He felt his whole world, his ambition crumbling down right in front of him and there was nothing he could do.

 

"Bella is now recognized as the billionaire's wife. You needed to see how stunning she was, and Baekhyun just kept on praising her. He treated her like a queen but he didn't spare me a single glance. This is so painful. I feel so insulted and to make matters worse, Baekhyun is the man behind Wilson's success." She screamed in frustration while Cathy's eyes were fixed on the floor.

 

"I can't let Bella have Baekhyun and all the wealth to herself, I will kill her and make sure I have Baekhyun back to myself. I'm the one he loves, and I will have him back." Kira was furious as she spoke, but Cathy's face brightened up immediately.

 

"Now that you've mentioned this, I think Baekhyun is only angry with you because you asked him to get married to Bella. I think he's trying to get back at you by making you jealous." Cathy smiled as she thought about everything.

 

"Have you tried calling him?"

 

"No, I deleted his number the day before I got married to Wilson."

 

"Then we'll get his number back from Wilson. Call him and tell him that you still love him. That you're sorry for hurting him, let's hear what he's going to say."

 

Kira shook her head at her mother's plan. "You don't have to tell me what to say, I know exactly what to say and do. I will ruin whatever he has with Bella and have him back. As for Wilson, I will dispose of him when I'm done with my plan." Kira stood up and left the apartment back to Wilson's. Getting back Baekhyun's number was her main priority and she can't wait to ruin Bella.


 

                           🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

Bella's eyes doubled in size as she watched the scary horror movie playing on the huge cinema screen. They had agreed to watch the scary movie, and now Bella felt like her eyes were going to fall off her head, but she was enjoying the movie. She looked at Baekhyun, but the billionaire's eyes were tightly closed, his body stiff and his heart beating very fast.

 

Bella tried her best to in her laugh, but she couldn't. The sight was so funny and she knew that he was scared. Baekhyun would blink his eyes open on a few occasions to watch the movie but quickly looked away. There was one time he screamed and Bella laughed tears.

 

When the movie was over, Baekhyun felt at peace. He hated horror movies a lot, but he just couldn't let his pride down when Bella asked him if he was scared of horror movies.

 

"The movie was fun," Bella said, breaking the silence between them. Baekhyun looked at her and nodded.

 

"Yes, it was." He lied and Bella laughed. 

 

"What's funny?" He asked, embarrassment written all over his face and Bella shook her head. She couldn't talk since she was still trying to hold in her laughter.

 

"It's nothing, just that you were so scared earlier that you shut your eyes so tight."

 

"Who's scared? I was just tired, that's all." Baekhyun lied and it made Bella laugh.

 

"You were tired, okay." They kept walking, and no one said anything, then Bella suddenly looked at Baekhyun and said, "But you screamed at one point." Bella said while laughing and Baekhyun gave up. He stopped walking and turned over to face his wife.

 

"You win. I hate scary horror movies and I was very scared back then." He laughed and cupped her cheeks. "You win okay."

 

Bella smiled at his childish behavior and she loved it. "When we get home you and I will tell each other our likes and dislikes so that we can avoid making each other uncomfortable. How about that?" Bella suggested and Baekhyun smiled.

 

"That's a great idea. But so you know, I won't be sleeping in my room tonight because of that movie we watched. So when you see me in the living room, just ignore me, okay?"

 

Bella now felt bad. She had no idea that scary movies would affect Baekhyun so badly.

 

"I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." She lowered her eyes, and Baekhyun caressed her hair.

 

"It's not your fault, so please don't be sad." His tone was soft and she loved it.

 

"Then we'll have a sleepover in the living room, watch some funny movies, and enjoy some of the cookies I made earlier. How about that?" She asked and Baekhyun immediately loved the idea.

 

"That would be great. Let's do that." He smiled and Bella felt relieved and happy.


 

~~~~~~~~~


 

That night Baekhyun set up the bed for the sleepover in the living room, and surprisingly he was excited that Bella would be sleeping next to him. He put in effort to make sure everything was in place as he wanted to impress Bella.

 

When he was done, he went in to take a shower, although he was scared, he still showered hurriedly. He wore his pajamas and was about to go to the living room when his phone began to ring.

 

He picked up his phone from the bed, and his countenance changed. He cut the call and went back to the living room. He dropped the phone beside the bed he had set and he went to the kitchen to join Bella, but she wasn't there.

 

He took the juicer and decided to make fresh juice. He was on with it but his mind suddenly went back to the person who had called him back in his room. It was Kira and he could guess why she called. Indeed she's a greedy snake. Someone who would stop at nothing until she has gotten what she wants.

 

"Your phone has been ringing," Bella said and she handed the phone to Baekhyun, but the billionaire immediately noticed the look of worry on his wife's face.

 

"What's wrong? You look worried." He collected the phone but frowned when he saw the unsaved number.

 

"You don't have to be worried about her. I feel nothing for her." Baekhyun was so quick to let Bella know the truth, but that wasn't Bella's problem. She was worried that Baekhyun would be sad or bothered when saw her call.

 

"That's not why I'm worried. I don't want you to feel sad or uncomfortable when you see her call. That's why I was worried." 

 

Baekhyun dropped the phone on the kitchen counter, turned off the juicer, and turned around to face Bella.

 

"Seeing Kira's calls will never make me sad. She's a greedy person and with all these sudden calls, I can tell what she wants. It's obvious that she wants to get back into my life, but that's never going to happen. Never. Forget about her and let's focus on us." He made sure Bella understood what he was saying, and when she nodded with a smile, he was satisfied.

 

He took the juice he had already extracted, he turned to his wife with a soft smile. "Let's get going." Bella nodded. She collected his phone and they went back to the living room. 

 

The thought of Kira giving Baekhyun numerous missed calls made Bella worried. She had known Kira to be a desperate woman, one who would do just anything to make sure she got what she wanted.

 

She tried not to think about Kira, but the more she did, the more the thought kept coming.

 

"Why do you look lost?" Baekhyun's voice brought her back to reality. His eyes were pinned on her as if he could see through her eyes.

 

"Nothing, just think about some things." She sighed and tried to keep her mind free of thoughts related to Kira.

 

"I hate scary movies, greedy women, gold diggers, liars, disrespectful people, pretenders, betrayers, heartless people, and bitter melons." 

 

Bella was taken aback by Baekhyun's words. She stared at him, trying to comprehend what was going on, but the billionaire poked her cheek.

 

"What's on your mind? Have you forgotten what you said earlier about knowing each other's likes and dislikes?" 

 

Bella gasped as she remembered it all and she quickly apologized. "I'm so sorry, I was lost in thought." She took a deep breath to clear her mind. She smiled and looked at Baekhyun.

 

"That's a whole lot of dislike." 

 

"Yeah, that's me and once I hate you for having any of those characters, it's the end of anything we have. But, if you're genuine and honest and I fall in love with you, there will be nothing in this world that will change my feelings for you or break us apart. That's who I am." Baekhyun's eyes were pinned on Bella as he spoke. He was passing out a message and Bella understood him perfectly well.

 

She lowered her head, her heart was beating rapidly, and she wanted to hug him and tell him that she would not hurt him or betray his trust, but she couldn't.

 

"Noted." She lifted her eyes to meet Baekhyun. "I don't have many things I hate, but pain is one thing I hate the most. I hate pain and all its forms. I don't like when I'm being treated like trash or an object, I hate betrayers, I hate when I'm being used and I also hate bitter melons." She sighed and looked at Baekhyun. "That's all I hate."

 

"I see. We have two in common." Baekhyun took one of the chocolate cookies and gave it to Bella. "Do you feel used by me?" His questions came out of the blue and Bella quickly shook her head.

 

"What? No, not at all. You're the most honest person I've ever been with and from day one till now, you've been good and caring to me. I don't feel that way at all." She spoke with all sincerity.

 

The billionaire felt glad hearing what his wife said. He took his cookie and ate from it. 

 

"I like going on trips, going out for fun, testing new delicacies, cooking, and I love kissing and pampering my woman wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter