Chapter 2

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun stopped the car in front of Seoul's biggest and most expensive mall. He looked at Bella who seemed clueless and he said, "We're here. Get down." He stepped out of the car and Bella did the same. 

 

She followed Baekhyun behind without uttering a word. Not that she didn't know what to say, she did. She had a lot to say, but she was scared to speak.

 

For all she knows, Baekhyun is an average man who lives in a two-bedroom rented apartment and works in a hospital as a nurse. Apart from that, she knows nothing else about him.

 

She was surprised when two ladies bowed to Baekhyun before calling him Sir, to which Baekhyun simply replied with a nod.

 

"Get her the most expensive and beautiful wedding gown we have here and transform her from head to toe." He made his point clear and left the room to a different room.

 

He pushed the door open and was immediately greeted by two ladies and a man. 

 

"Welcome boss. You didn't have to come here in person." The man switched on the air conditioner while one of the girls brought out a cold bottle of water and placed it in front of Baekhyun.

 

"Thanks. I just need to relax."

 

"Alright boss." They bowed and left the room.

 

Baekhyun sat down and rested his head against the headset of the couch. He stared at the closed door for a while before shutting his eyes. 

 

Kira's words began to resound in his head. He recalled how Mr. Jung Lee and his wife treated him. They called him a loser, a nobody, and a low life.

Baekhyun couldn't control his thoughts. He had no power even if he wanted to.

 

He stayed in that position for the past fifteen minutes without noticing it. It was the knock on the door that brought him back to reality.

 

"Come in." 

 

The door was pushed open and two ladies walked in followed by a beautiful, dazzling, elegant young lady.

 

"We're done, Sir." One of the ladies said and Bella stepped forward. She looked so beautiful, so breathtaking, so gorgeous.

 

For a few seconds, Baekhyun found himself staring at her. Her beauty was alluring, he was captivated, but he snapped out of it. Of course, she's beautiful, he can't deny that, but that's all there is.

 

"You're beautiful, Bella." He complimented.

 

"Thank you," Bella replied without meeting his eyes.

 

"Let's get going, we have a wedding to attend," Baekhyun said calmly and they exited the room.


 

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜


 

Jongin rushed to Baekhyun the moment he got out of the car. He was worried, but when he saw Bella instead of Kira, he knew something was wrong.

 

"Who is this woman and where have you been?" Jongin asked all at once.

 

"I will explain everything to you later. Let's go." Baekhyun reached his hands to Bella and they both went into the church.

 

He looked at the decorations, he looked at the cake and all the beautiful and expensive settings and a bitter smile formed on his lips. He was hurting, he was in pain, but he was happy that he didn't reveal the bride's face. There was no picture of Kira because he intended to protect her from the public so she would have her freedom. Little did he know that he meant nothing to her.

 

He walked to the altar with Bella beside him. Her veil prevented her face from being seen. 

They said their vows and the priest pronounced them husband and wife. He wasn't happy, he was heartbroken, he was shattered and Bella saw it all.

 

She wasn't happy about everything. She's a very sensitive person, she could tell that Baekhyun was going through so much pain because of her cousin, Kira, and her family.

 

She lowered her eyes when Baekhyun lifted the veil and she muttered "I'm sorry" to his hearing, but Baekhyun said nothing. He leaned closer to her and muttered back.

 

"You did nothing wrong to be sorry." He looked into her eyes as if he was reading her mind, then he pressed his lips to hers and kissed her.

 

The audience cheered happily for the newly married couple. 

 

Jongin quietly observed his friend and all he could see was a sad depressed man who was trying so hard to smile at people.

 

The wedding celebration was over. Expensive gifts were given to the newly married couple.

 

Bella was excited to see so many gifts, but she was also scared to touch any of them. After all, she wasn't yet sure about the whole wedding and marrying someone she barely knew.


 

                          🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

The ride home was quiet. A man was driving the Mercedes-Benz while Baekhyun sat at the back with Bella. He was quiet, he didn't say a word. All he did was stare out the window and fill his eyes with the beautiful streets of Seoul.

 

Bella was exhausted after the wedding and the reception party. She rested her head against the seat and slept like a little child.

 

"We're home, Sir." The driver announced.

 

Baekhyun turned to his side to look at Bella, but she was fast asleep. He tapped her on the shoulder to wake her up and it worked.

 

She sat up immediately and looked at him. 

"I fell asleep. I'm sorry."

 

"There's nothing to be sorry about. Get down, we're home." Baekhyun stepped out of the car and Bella followed.

 

Her jaw dropped when she saw the huge villa. It was so beautiful, so unreal, so unbelievable. She looked at Baekhyun and fear enveloped her.

 

"Home?" She asked, her voice a bit above a whisper.

 

"Yes, this is my home, so let's go in. I'm exhausted and I need to rest." Baekhyun trailed off while Bella curiously walked behind him.

 

When the door to the living room was automatically slid open, Bella's eyes doubled in size at the sight in front of her. She looked around while walking slowly behind Baekhyun. She was astonished by the luxury in front of her. 

It was as if she was in a cartoon dreamy world.

 

The luxury of extraordinarily lush types of furniture, the spacious floor, high-tech appliances, the expensive interior decor. Everything was just so mind-blowing.

 

She stopped walking and began observing her husband. Everything was confusing, nothing made sense at all. She was getting scared, very scared of the man walking in front of her.

 

"Who are you?" Her voice was a little bit above a whisper. She was scared and it was visible in her eyes.

 

Baekhyun halted his movement on hearing her questions. He turned around to look at Bella and he saw fear and uncertainty in her eyes.

 

"Who do you think I am?" His question hit Bella so hard that she took a step backward. Different thoughts began to run through her troubled mind.

 

"I don't know who you are." She began to stutter as she spoke. Her eyes began to water and he knew she was scared.

 

Baekhyun chuckled. He walked up to her and stood in front of her. "Relax, Bella. I just asked a question. Who do you think I am?" 

 

Bella lowered her eyes as she began to think about his question. She knows nothing about Baekhyun, all she knows is that he works as a nurse and lives in a two-bedroom rented apartment. 

She lifted her eyes to look at Baekhyun and shook her hand fearfully.

 

"To my best understanding, you work as a nurse and live in a two-bedroom rented apartment. That's all I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter