Chapter 4

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bella had set the table for the both of them as she hadn't eaten as well. She went back to the kitchen to get some fruit, but when she came back, she saw Baekhyun walking down the staircase.

 

He smiled at her before sitting down to eat. He knew that whatever she prepared for lunch would be delicious just like her previous food.

 

They ate in silence, Bella was enjoying her meal and so was Baekhyun, but he was also observing Bella. He noticed that she had been wearing the same four sets of clothes. 

He recalled the small bag she had carried as her belongings back at Lee's, and he realized that those four clothes were all she had.

 

He glanced at the wall clock, it was past 1 p.m. The day was still young, so he continued with his meal.

 

"Can I ask you a question?" Bella suddenly asked.

 

"Yeah, sure." 

 

"Is everything alright with you?" She asked, and Baekhyun gave her a questioning look which made her scared.

 

"What do you mean?" He asked and she immediately bowed her head.

 

"I'm sorry for asking about your personal life, but when I woke up this morning around 5 a.m., you were already out of the house, and it's unlike you. I was worried that's why I asked." She explained fearfully and Baekhyun noticed she was afraid.

 

He reached out to her hand and gently massaged it. "Hey, don't be scared, I'm not angry. I had an important meeting with the workers in my top technology company today. They needed a high-converting website, but the website developers haven't yet gotten what I want, so I went there in person to explain how it should be to them." He explained and Bella nodded.

 

Creating websites is Bella's cup of tea. She is perfect in it. There was a time when she created the school's website and it was just amazing. It was part of the jobs she did for a living back then.

 

"I'm glad you're okay." She said calmly, but Baekhyun said nothing. 

He was happy knowing that Bella cared for him and she already kept track of every little detail. However, his personal life is one thing he hates disclosing to people, and Bella is part of the people he doesn't want to know about his personal life. 

 

"If you don't mind, can you tell me about the website you want for your company? Like I need to know every little detail about it." Bella was interested in it, and Baekhyun told her about it. She's his wife, after all, she needs to know about it.

 

By the time he was done explaining the interface to her, they were already done with their food.

 

She registered all that Baekhyun had told her in her head, and she planned on creating the website with the laptop Baekhyun gave to her and making it a surprise.

 

When she was done clearing up, she picked up her old phone from the table and was about to go to her room to charge it, but Baekhyun stopped her.

 

"Are you free?"

 

"Yes. Why did you ask?"

 

"We need to go shopping for you." He picked up one of the car keys and they both went to the garage.

The billionaire already has in mind the car to use for their shopping, the Lamborghini Urus Performante. 

 

Bella got in, she sat in the front seat with Baekhyun and he drove out, and headed to the mall he had taken her before their wedding.

 

When they arrived at the mall, Baekhyun took Bella to the manager, a lady with a bright smile named Sora. 

 

"Good day, Mr. Byun." She greeted with her head bowed.

 

"Good day. I hope you remember my wife, Bella. I want you to make sure she's comfortable and enjoys her time here." Baekhyun made his words clear and the manager nodded with a smile.

 

"Very well, Sir." She replied.

 

Baekhyun looked at Bella and smiled. "Go with her, get whatever you want. Remember you're my wife and whatever is mine is also yours." He caressed her hand and she smiled at him.

 

"Okay, I will. Thank you so much." The manager took her away and Baekhyun walked away. He went to the phone section and he picked an Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max. He paid for it and headed to one of the offices.

 

                          ~~~~~~~~


 

Bella was treated like a queen. Every dress presented to her fit her perfectly because of her killer body. Her curves were no joke. People close to her often ask her if she had surgery to have such a perfectly crafted body.

 

The manager kept bringing beautiful clothes to Bella in the changing room. Suits, evening gowns, expensive casuals, beautiful heels, sneakers, canvas, flat fancy shoes, top quality handbags, purses, jewelries, accessories, and everything a lady should have.

 

Bella felt like a queen and she loved it. When they were done, some girls helped in carrying the bags. There were so many, while the manager led Bella to the office Baekhyun was in.

 

"We're done, Sir. Here is the bill." She handed the bill to Baekhyun, which he paid using a transfer. 

 

He looked at Bella, he was glad to see her after many hours. "Let's go." He said and they left the office. The workers had already gone ahead of Baekhyun and put the bags in the car.

 

The billionaire was talking to someone while Bella walked alongside him. She was thinking about the sudden turn her life had taken. It felt like a dream but it wasn't.

 

"Hey watch it." A familiar voice yelled angrily.

 

"I'm so sorry." Bella immediately apologized, but when she looked at the person she bumped into, she was frozen on the spot.

 

"Kira?" Bella stuttered. She wasn't scared, but she was worried about Baekhyun. She knows it would hurt him to see her after what she did to him.

 

"Oh, so it's you, loser." Kira laughed and then she looked at Baekhyun who said nothing but stared at her.

 

"Hello there, Baekhyun. I heard you were so desperate to get married that you ended up getting married to my dirty cousin, a loser just like you." She shook her head and chuckled, but Bella got angry. She had hurt Baekhyun and now she's insulting him. That's something she's not going to accept.

 

"Hey Kira, that's enough. You can call me dirty, you can insult me, call me names, but trust me, I won't let you insult Baekhyun. Never. You've already gotten what you wanted, I see no reason why you should still harass us. Act your age and class whatever. Stay out of our lives, this is the last warning, Kira." Bella said angrily, but Kira got so mad.

 

"Who the hell do you think you are to speak to me in such a manner? You're nothing but a piece of trash, and the both of you belong in the trash can. Have you any idea who I am? I'm Wilson's wife, a millionaire's wife, a politician's wife and I can get you two arrested right this instant. How dare you speak to me in such a tone?" She raised her hand to slap Bella, but Baekhyun held her hand and pushed her backward.

 

"Behave yourself, woman. Don't make me repeat myself." He spoke in a different tone both ladies had never heard before. "The mistake I made was loving you in the past, but right now you're nothing but a closed chapter in my life. Don't ever repeat this nonsense, else you will regret knowing me." Baekhyun looked at Bella and smiled. 

 

"Let's go." His tone was gentle as he spoke to Bella, and they both left the mall and left Kira standing there in surprise. They got into the car and drove off. 

 

The atmosphere was off. No one said anything and Bella wasn't happy about it.

She hated seeing Baekhyun sad, he deserved so much better, not pain. She looked out through the window, and she suddenly thought about her favorite shrimp restaurant. It's a local restaurant, but their shrimp and sauce are so good that you would keep asking for more.

 

She wanted to buy some for Baekhyun, but she had no money with her. She looked at him from time to time, but she was scared to ask for money.

 

Noticing her continuous stare at him, Baekhyun looked at her and sighed. "What is it, Bella? You keep staring at me but you won't say anything."

 

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." She lowered her head. 

 

"I'm not uncomfortable, that's not it. What's bothering you?"

 

Bella sighed deeply. "There's a shrimp restaurant ahead. They sell the best-cooked shrimp and sauce. I wanted to buy some, but I don't have any money with me." She explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter