Chapter 8

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Announcement: This is to inform all the silent readers who likes to message me regarding updates that THIS STORY WILL BE PRIVATE FROM THE NEXT CHAPTER! So I'm going to be sending out friends request to my lovely commentors and upvoters. So kindly Upvote this story and Comment so that I can send you a friend request. Enjoy the chapter❤❤❤

​​​​​​⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

 

Baekhyun had just concluded a press conference with his board of directors. He went back to his mansion to relax. He has been very busy from the first day he got to London since the big day was fast approaching, just two days away.

 

He showered and made a light egg and potato meal. He drank a cup of green tea to alleviate stress and promote calmness. He went to his room to relax. He sighed deeply and shut his eyes. A calm smile formed on his lips when he saw Bella's face in the void of his blank vision.

 

He wasn't surprised, it had always been that way. He missed her so much that he yearned for her every single day. Ever since he left Korea, he couldn't stop thinking about his wife, her playful nature, her smile, her everything. He misses her every single day.

 

He couldn't wait to be done with his work and return home to his wife. He was already anticipating seeing her beautiful smile.

 

His phone vibrated, distracting him from his thoughts about Bella. He reached for the phone, it was a text from his mother, informing him that she was around.

 

He got off the bed and went to the living room. His mother had told him earlier that she was coming over. He opened the door with a smile on his face to welcome his mother, but in a matter of seconds, his countenance changed. He looked scary, upset, and unhappy.

 

"What's the meaning of this?" His tone was deep, and filled with anger.

 

"What do you mean? Mira is going to be your wife very soon, she has the right to be here with you anytime. Don't you get it?" Mia said, and her words provoked Baekhyun greatly.

 

"Stop it, mom. Please, just stop it. I have a wife, a beautiful lovely wife, Bella, and I will never marry another woman, that would be over my dead body." The billionaire made his point very clear. He looked at the lady, his eyes void of expression.

 

"I have no plan of divorcing my wife, so back off. I will not hesitate to ruin anyone that gets in my way. Treat my words seriously, it will be of great help to you." He made his point very clear and Mira drifted away from him. She was so scared that she held Mia's hand for protection.

 

Baekhyun looked away from her and turned to his mother with all seriousness.

 

"You have to stop this, Mom. Stop getting involved with my personal life. I'm a man and I know what I want. Bella is all I want, I'm madly in love with her. Trust me, I won't spare anyone who tries to mess with her. Please stop whatever you're doing, I'm a dangerous man when it comes to my woman." He made his point very clear, and surprisingly, Mia said nothing. 

 

She stared at her son with big eyes, agape in shock. She has never seen her son so furious, so angry before. He was a different man and Mia nodded.

 

"Fine. I've heard you. I will make sure Mira never shows up in front of you ever again. I'm only trying to make sure you have the best in life, but it seems you're not in for that. I won't get involved with your life from now on." She turned around and walked away with Mira next to her.

 

Baekhyun went back in, got dressed, and drove out. He needed to clear his head and mind. He was fed up with his mother's behavior. He just had to put things right, and he just did.


 

                            🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

Hana paced worriedly in the living room, different scary thoughts kept running through her mind as she couldn't get through to Bella.

 

She had been calling Bella's number for the past three hours, but she wasn't picking up. It felt strange, very strange and it was killing her from the inside. 

 

"Hey." Jongin rushed into the living room looking worried. "She's not picking up." He sounded tense.

 

"Same here. I don't know what's going on. Bella should have been home three hours ago, but it's getting late, and nothing. She's not picking up, I'm scared." Hana couldn't control herself, she was scared, but Jongin held her hand to calm her down.

 

"You have to calm down so that we can handle this situation. I think Bella is in trouble, I'm going to inform the police about this case. In the meantime, let's wait and hope for the best." Jongin tried to get Hana to relax a bit, and when she did, they both left for the police station.

 

Jongin reported the case to the police, and immediately they got to work. It wasn't just anyone's wife that was missing, but Byun Baekhyun's wife. 

 

Jongin and Hana joined in searching for Bella. They were right behind the two police cars and all Hana could do was worry and pray for Bella's safety.

 

"We spot a red Mercedes." One of the policemen said, and they stopped their cars immediately.

 

Seeing the sudden action, Jongin halted his car, and he ran out of his car with Hana running behind him. As they approached the car, Hana's heart began to beat heavily.

 

The police inspected the car alongside Jongin and Hana, and that was when they found Bella's phone, her handbag, and the seat of the car stained with blood.

 

Jongin's hand began to shake, it became very clear to him when he saw their missed calls.

 

"Oh God." Hana staggered, her legs began to fail her. She felt cold chills all over her body as her eyes fell on Bella's blood on the seat of the car.

 

"Is Bella dead?" She muttered, but Jongin shook his head and held Hana's hand to get her stable.

 

"No Hana, don't say that. Let's not jump to conclusions and stay hopeful. Bella isn't dead, okay?" Jongin was scared, he wasn't sure if Bella was alive or dead, but he decided to stay hopeful and also make sure Hana was alright.

 

Hana shook her head. She was already in tears, it felt like a horrible nightmare to her. Right in front of her was Bella's car seat stained with her blood. She wasn't sure if she should scream out and cry bitterly.

 

"But that's Bella's blood. Where is she, what have they done to her? Did they kill her or kidnap her? I can't help but think about ugly horrible things." Hana cried. She was scared and worried. A wave of uncertainty hit her real hard that she couldn't control herself.

Scary thoughts kept popping into her mind and she was losing it. 

 

Jongin gently embraced her, he patted her back gently and leaned closer to her ears. "Bella will be found alive. I need you to calm down and pray, okay?" He pulled away to look her in the eyes, but all he could see was sadness.

 

"It's not easy, but I will try," Hana said between tears. 

 

"That's good. Let's get you home first, then I will call Baekhyun and inform him about the situation." Jongin made his intentions known to Hana, and he drove her back home, while the police began their investigation.


 

                          ⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜


 

Bella woke up with a very terrible throbbing headache. She blinked her eyes slowly, but couldn't see a thing. It was pitch black, but she could feel that she was lying on the floor.

 

She tried moving her body around, but couldn't. Her hands and legs were tied up tightly, causing her so much pain.

 

She in her pain but made no noise. She endured the pain as provoking the people who had kidnapped her would only cause her more pain.

 

She was uncomfortable, but she remained calm. The ugly incident that occurred earlier began to play in her head. The way she was attacked and hit with a gun on the head. She shivered, tears began to well in her eyes, she was scared, different scary thoughts began to crowd her mind, her hands began to shake, her body became tense and she felt the familiar chest pain she feared the most.

 

She began to experience extreme weakness, shortness of breath, light-headedness, and dizziness, and her heart began to palpitate. She felt as if life was leaving her body and she had no control over herself.

 

The door to the room was suddenly pushed open, and immediately Bella shut her eyes and remained still. It was the only idea she had and she prayed for safety.

 

The ligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter