Chapter 5

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys. So I've decided to post a complete update, afterwards the preview chapter will come two days before the complete update.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

 

Wilson and Kira stopped in front of the huge gold and black gate. They waited for two minutes and the gate was opened by a man wearing a navy uniform. He inspected their car, and when it was clear, he went back and opened the gate.

 

As they drove into the huge mansion, Kira marveled at the sight in front of her. They stepped out of the car, but Kira couldn't move from her spot. She was amazed at the unfathomable luxury.

 

"Let's go, babe. We can't keep Mr. Byun waiting." Wilson was all smiles as he spoke and Kira quickly walked up to him.

 

A top security guard walked them to the main entrance door, and when they arrived,  he made a call to Baekhyun, after a few minutes on the phone he led them into the living room and stood beside the door as he awaited his boss.

 

"Oh my god." Kira couldn't close as she was in great shock. She looked around, the expensive luxurious furniture, interior decorations, and everything screamed money.

 

She began to think about Mr. Byun. Maybe she should have met him instead of Wilson and then gotten married to him and she would be queen of his life and wealth.

 

The expensive indoor fragrance was so refreshing, so relaxing and it just made everything so perfect.

Kira wasn't comfortable to even sit properly on the luxurious couch, she was very careful so she wouldn't ruin anything.

 

"Mr. Wilson. Long time no see." A firm voice called out with a sense of familiarity as he spoke. 

 

Immediately, Wilson and Kira turned toward the direction where the voice had come from, but Kira's eyes widened in great shock when she saw Baekhyun walking down the staircase.

 

He wore black sweatpants and a black singlet, and his hands tucked in his pocket. He had a calm smile gracing his face.

He walked up to Wilson and they both hugged each other.

 

"I feel honored, Mr. Byun," Wilson said gladly after pulling away. "Thanks for still remembering me."

 

"Oh please, drop the honorific and call me Baekhyun. You're like an uncle to me, and I respect our relationship. Please have a seat." He gestured and Wilson did, but Kira didn't. She couldn't. Her eyes were on Baekhyun the whole time. 

 

Maybe he's someone that looks just like Baekhyun. She tried to convince herself, but she knew already that it was the same Baekhyun she treated like trash and called a loser so many times. 

She couldn't breathe. Her whole body was on fire as shame enveloped her.

 

"I see you came with a guest?" Baekhyun said without sparing her a single glance, and Wilson immediately stood up again to introduce his wife.

 

"Pardon my manners. She's my lovely wife, Lee Kira. We got married in Dubai three weeks ago." He explained with his hand wrapped around Kira's waist.

 

"Congrats. Although I wasn't invited." 

 

"I'm so sorry, Baekhyun. I tried to reach you, but your line wasn't reachable so I left it. Besides, you're a very busy man. Please forgive me." Wilson was scared, but Baekhyun laughed.

 

"Relax. I was just kidding. I was very busy as you've just said. I was planning my wedding, but things didn't go as planned. My bride abandoned me and got married to another man." Baekhyun explained with a flat expression.

 

"My god. I'm so sorry about that. What is wrong with women these days, they're so greedy and after money and not love. You deserve better, Baekhyun. She's not worth your love." Wilson was angry, but Baekhyun chuckled.

 

"Of course, she's not worth my love. She's a thing of the past, and whenever I see her, I feel disgusted and irritated. What she did was a blessing in disguise to me. It was a huge lavish wedding I had planned out for her, there were high-status guests, I can't embarrass myself to my guests, to my family, so I got married to someone else that very day." Baekhyun smiled as he thought about Bella, his newfound happiness.

 

"That was the best decision of my life. I got married to an angel in human form. She's the pure definition of a goddess. She's kind, pure, honest, open-minded, and extremely beautiful. She's every man's dream and I feel so lucky, so honored to be her husband." Baekhyun has a warm smile of admiration gracing his face.

 

"Give me a few minutes." Baekhyun headed up the stairs, he wanted to get Bella to show off his wife, but he saw her standing at the passage close to the staircase, and she had tears in her eyes.

 

Baekhyun quickly rushed to her, and in a few seconds, he was wiping her tears away. "Why are you crying?" He asked, but Bella lowered her head, she wasn't sure how to reply to his question, but she did anyway.

 

"What you said about me a few minutes ago, do you mean it or you're getting back at Kira for what she did to you?" She asked, and Baekhyun found himself smiling. 

 

He found her so adorable. She's so open-minded that she doesn't keep her thoughts to herself, but asks him right away, and that's what makes her very special.

 

"I meant every single word I just said, Bella. I don't care about Kira or what she thinks.  I don't have to make her feel jealous or hurt because she is nothing to me but a past mistake of my life." Baekhyun wiped off the remaining tears of her eyes, and he embraced her.

 

"You're the best thing that happened to me. You're humble, you're kind, you're innocent, you're open-minded, you're generous, always spreading love despite your painful past, you're very talented, you're smart, you're every man's desire, and above all, you're beautiful. You're an ethereal beauty, a goddess." Baekhyun was smiling while praising her and she was very shy.

 

"Also, you're a good dancer." He added and Bella giggled. She was so embarrassed.

 

"Baekhyun, enough." She hid her face with her hands, but Baekhyun pulled her to himself and embraced her.

 

"You mean so much to me. I'm not doing this because of the website, but I'm telling the truth and god knows and sees my heart."

 

Bella smiled and nodded her head. "Thank you so much for seeing me that way. It means a lot to me." She stepped backward and smiled.

 

"Do I look good in this dress? I don't want to embarrass you."

 

Baekhyun looked at her from head to toe. It was a simple red off-shoulder bodycon dress, nothing special about it, but it outlined her killer body, and her pale milky skin just made her so flawless.

 

Baekhyun smiled in satisfaction. "You're a perfection." He said firmly and Bella blushed. 

 

"Thank you." 

 

"You don't need to thank me, I'm only telling the truth." He was smiling. "Let's get going." He said and Bella nodded, but deep down in her heart, she was so happy and she loved the way Baekhyun treated her.

 

Kira sat like a robot on the couch. She was pale and her palms all cold. She felt like dying and still prayed that Bella wouldn't be the lady Baekhyun was going to call down.

 

She already knew that truth, but she was hoping for something else. Tears fell from her eyes when she saw Bella walking alongside Baekhyun down the expensive staircase like a queen, a goddess. She looked so different, so beautiful, so breathtaking.

 

Bella only glanced at her before looking away with a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter