Chapter 15

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​Hey guys....

I'm so sorry for not updating on Sunday. The chapter I wrote wiped off, it was so annoying because I was so busy, but I had to rewrite it. That's it guys. The new chapter is here. Enjoy...

 

"I'm sorry, my love, but I can't forgive her. My wounds are still fresh, and it's still hurting badly. I can't forgive her, never!"  With that being said, Hana walked away angry and sad.

 

Mia wasn't surprised. She expected it because she had wronged Hana and her lover so badly. She bowed her head in sadness, and Duwoon's words began to replay in her head.

 

Chanyeol stood up and bowed to Mia in respect. "Please pardon Hana's behavior. She's very hurt regarding what happened in the past. Please give her time, she will forgive you." He picked up her bag and his car keys. "I will take my leave now." Chanyeol left the living room after texting Baekhyun.

 

Mia was dumbfounded, she couldn't believe that Chanyeol would still respect and regard her highly despite all she had done to him. She ruined his relationship with her daughter, and she insulted him and his mother, yet he still accorded her respect.

 

Mia shook her head in shame. She felt awful and regretted her actions towards her children. She was far too lost in thoughts that she didn't notice the arrival of Baekhyun.

 

"Mother." The billionaire gently tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention and she did. She looked at her son, all she could recall was the look of horror in his eyes when he came back home earlier and found her in his living room.

 

"Do you also hate me?" Mia's voice trembled as she spoke, but Baekhyun was quick to embrace her while shaking his head.

 

"I don't hate you. I never have and I never will. You're my mother, I can't hate you for any reason. Hana loves you, she doesn't hate you and that's why she's very hurt by what you did to her." Baekhyun pulled away from the hug to look at his mother.

 

"I will talk to Hana. Please just give her some time, she will come around." Baekhyun said and Mia nodded.

 

Her mistakes were clear to her and she regretted it. All she wanted was to give her children comfortable lives with reasonable partners, but her way of doing so was wrong.

 

"Thanks, son. I'm grateful." She looked at the staircase and she saw Bella looking at her calmly. She wanted to come close, but she was also scared.

 

Noticing the situation, Mia smiled at the scared lady and called out to her. She caressed her hand when Bella sat next to her.

 

"Are you feeling any better?" She asked while looking at Bella with so much care.

The billionaire smiled, he witnessed his mother's care for his wife himself and he was overjoyed.

 

"I'm not as weak as before, but I still feel sick, and the urge to throw up is much on me." Bella didn't hide anything from Mia, she's honest and that's one thing Baekhyun likes about her.

 

Mia was quiet, she carefully observed Bella and decided to ask her a few questions. Maybe they might get a hint of her sudden illness before going to the hospital for a check-up the next day.

 

"How are you feeling, apart from feeling dizzy, weak, and nauseated?" She asked and Bella looked down at her s for a few seconds before looking back at the older lady.

 

"My s are heavy, sore, and very sensitive. I easily get tired, my cravings are higher than usual, I urinate frequently mostly at night, and I missed my period last month, and this month is almost over and I haven't seen my period." Bella explained sincerely while looking at her mother-in-law, but she was a bit confused when she saw a smile of excitement written all over Baekhyun's face and that of his mother.

 

Mia looked at her son and smiled before looking at a confused Bella, and she gently caressed her back. "Don't worry honey. With everything you've told me, I'm thinking you're pregnant, and I think my medical doctor of a son has also confirmed it." Mia said and Bella looked at Baekhyun with her lips slightly apart.

 

"Is it true?" She asked and the billionaire smiled before caressing her cheeks.

 

"I'm very much sure, baby, but I'm going out to get a pregnancy test stick. I will be back shortly." Baekhyun kissed her passionately before getting up and he left the mansion in a hurry with so much excitement written all over his face.

 

The billionaire was overly excited. He began to recall why Bella's body felt so strange, but very amazing when they made love a few days ago. 

With all Bella had said, Baekhyun acknowledged that his wife was pregnant, but he just wanted to be sure.

 

While he was away to get the pregnancy test stick, Mia decided to ask Bella more questions just to be sure, and when Bella answered all her questions, Mia was very sure that Bella was pregnant.

 

She began to think about how to fix her busy schedule so that she could have more time to take care of Bella during her pregnancy since her parents were no more.

 

Twenty minutes later, Baekhyun arrived with what he had gone to buy. He went back to the bedroom with Bella and she did the test. 

A few minutes later, the billionaire smiled proudly when the test results were positive.

 

Bella was overwhelmed when Baekhyun began to rain kisses all over her face. He was so happy that he kept on saying sweet things to her.

 

Mia heard their laughter and joy from the living room, and she immediately rushed up to the room to join them. She had wanted to stay behind, but she just couldn't.

 

"Are we expecting a Baekhyun junior?" Mia asked after knocking and opening the door.

 

"Yes, Mom. My beautiful baby goddess is pregnant!" Baekhyun broke the already obvious news to his mother. Mia has never seen her son so happy the way he was at the moment. She could only begin to imagine what would have happened to him if she had separated him from his happiness which is his wife.

 

She smiled and embraced Bella. "Congratulations dear. You don't have to worry about anything because I will take good care of you and the baby." Mia said after pulling away from the hug and Bella nodded with a smile.

 

Mia stayed with them for a while before she went back home to her husband. She had no problem leaving Bella with Baekhyun, a medical doctor.

 

She smiled as she walked into the room, and she embraced her husband who was busy talking to someone on the phone.

 

Duwoon was a bit surprised at her sudden sweet behavior. He looked at her and smiled before ending the call. He gave full attention to his wife, and then he caressed her hair.

 

"Did something good happen that made you this excited?" He asked while looking at his wife. It was rare for Mia to have such an amazing smile on.

 

"I'm so sorry honey. I've wronged our children. I've made them sad and even cry, and for that, I'm very sorry." She sat on the bed and Duwoon did the same.

 

"Have you realized your mistakes?" Duwoon asked, and she nodded her head.

 

"Yes, I have. Baekhyun isn't angry with me, but Hana is and I don't blame her at all. She has every right to be angry with me, I deserve it. I've been nothing but wicked to her. I separated her from her lover five years ago, I insulted Chanyeol and his mother, and I shut out my daughter from coming home because she stood up for her lover's family." Mia sighed. "I'm a terrible person and a mother, I shouldn't have done that. I should have thought about their happiness because that was all that mattered." She looked at Duwoon and smiled.

 

"I was at Baekhyun's today. My visit there was to throw Bella out of Baekhyun's life, but I ended up accepting her as my very own daught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter