Prologue

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"All that glitters is not gold." 

 

That was a sentence Baekhyun knew too well. It's a saying he would never forget. To him, Rena was beautiful. She was humble. She was kind and caring. She was everything one would want in a woman. 

 

She always gave him encouraging words. She showed him how beautiful and colorful the world of people in love was. She made him smile. She was from a poor background, simple, yet sweet. 

 

Was that the truth to begin with?

 

That was all Baekhyun saw. That was the picture she presented herself to the billionaire. 

Beneath her sweet, cute, loving, and adorable facade was a deadly venomous snake.

 

Oh, she was the devil disguised in human form. She was the pure definition of evil. She sorted his demise to acquire his wealth.

 

She plotted to kill him while smiling innocently with him, but fate had a different plan for Baekhyun.

 

He was saved from her well of ruin like a prey saved from their predator.


 

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜


 

"Your wedding to that loser, Baekhyun is this Saturday. You haven't yet decided on what to do. Why?" A woman with haughty looks asked. She glanced at her daughter sitting beside her to show how displeased she was about the man in question.

 

The younger lady chuckled. She found the look of irritation on her mother's face funny.

 

"I am Kira, mother. I've got everything planned out. I can never settle for less. You and I both know that Baekhyun is nothing but a tool. A helpless, hopeless man seeking true love in a world where such doesn't exist." She shook her head before standing up.

 

"I only got into this lie of a relationship with him to get closer to his wealthy millionaire uncle, Wilson. Plus Baekhyun is hot and handsome. Why not play with him for a while?" She recalled the time she had spent with him in his two-bedroom apartment and she shook her head at the thought.

 

"I don't need Baekhyun anymore. I've gotten what I wanted. Wilson is already wrapped around my fingers. That's all that matters."

 

"That's more like you, darling. Baekhyun is not a man of your standard. Yes, he's hot, y, handsome, and a medical doctor, but he's not wealthy. He doesn't even own a hospital at his age, 33. He's a sore loser. He can't take care of you, of us. He's incapable." 

The older woman was interrupted by her beeping phone. A satisfying smile formed on her lips when she read the text message sent to her.

 

"Your father is already at Wilson's. He said we should be there by 3 pm, there's a party tonight." The older woman was excited and so was her daughter, Kira.

 

"Great. Let's get ready. I can't wait to see Wilson, my fiancé." 

 

"Your fiancé?" A beautiful young gentle lady cut in with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter