Chapter 9

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few minutes' ride, Baekhyun arrived at the hospital. However, Bella had already gone unconscious. She was pale, and she did not move in Baekhyun's arms. The billionaire was scared, but he refused to give up hope. Losing his wife wasn't an option for him, he would never let that happen.

 

He took her to a private room, where he asked a female nurse to change her clothes to one of the hospital gowns while he made certain preparations. The nurse was quick, but careful till she was done. 

 

Baekhyun began to run different tests on her, and after a while, he found her blood group, and he began the blood transfusion. When he was at it, he realized how careless he was with his wife. He thought he knew her, but only realized that he didn't, not even her blood group or genotype.

 

He wasted no time in treating her infected head injury, and when he was done, he began to clean her body with warm water and a towel. He was in tears while taking care of her, the sight at which he saw her earlier shook him greatly. It made him realize how careless and unreasonable he had been with the security and safety of his wife.

 

He stayed by her side for hours till her fever reduced and her body temperature became normal. He leaned closer to her, and kissed her forehead before muttering, "I'm so sorry, my love." He wastes no time in caressing her face. He hated seeing her in such a condition, he felt guilty, he was to blame for her predicament. 

 

He sat beside her, carefully observing her face, her delicate figure lying at the mercy of his treatment. He gently caressed her beautiful fingers as he kept on apologizing to her as if she could hear him.

 

After a while, he came out of the room. He needed to visit the police station for an urgent issue, but he saw Hana and Jongin walking towards him.

 

"How is she?" Hana asked in a tense tone, while Jongin said nothing but stared at his friend who seemed unsettled.

 

"She's out of danger but lost so much blood." Baekhyun caressed his sister's hair and sighed. 

 

"There's somewhere I need to be, doctor Minseok will check on her from time to time, but I need you to stay with her till I'm back, please." 

 

"You don't have to say please. Don't worry, I will make sure no one hurts her." Hana assured her brother and Baekhyun managed a small smile.

 

"Thanks." He looked at Jongin, and he sighed again.

 

"Thanks for everything. I should have listened to you. Bella almost died because of my carelessness, because of me. I'm such an insensitive man, I've brought nothing but pain and suffering to her. I'm to blame for everything." Baekhyun couldn't hold back his tears. He hated himself for everything that had happened to Bella, but Jongin embraced him. 

 

He knew that Baekhyun wasn't wrong when he blamed himself for what happened to Bella, but it was clear that he had realized his mistakes. That's all that mattered.

 

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Yes, you caused all this because you were insensitive, but you also saved her just in time. You have to make sure you treat her better and treasure her like the queen she is. Don't blame yourself, but learn from your mistakes." Jongin's advice hurt Baekhyun from different angles, it was nothing but the truth he had to accept and make amends. Only a true friend would say the truth and Jongin is one.

 

"I'm proud to have you as my friend. Don't be hard on yourself, okay?" Jongin patted him on the back to encourage him, and it was just what Baekhyun needed.

 

He smiled and wiped his tears. "Thanks a lot. I will right all my wrongs. Please wait for me, I will be back in an hour." Baekhyun left the hospital for the station.

 

When he arrived, his eyes fell on Wilson who was talking to Sehun and some policemen. On his face was a  disappointed look, and the billionaire could already guess that Wilson had been informed about Kira's arrest. 

 

He slowly walked closer to the policemen, and Wilson's eyes fell on Baekhyun. A rush of guilt washed over him, he felt terrible, and all he couldn't do was bow his head in shame. He didn't say a word but remained in the same position.

 

"Why are you doing this? You did nothing wrong. Kira is the one at fault. She kidnapped and almost killed my wife. You did nothing wrong, so please stand properly." Baekhyun was pissed, but taking out his anger on Wilson for the evil deeds of Kira was against his morals. However, Wilson refused to lift his head. He felt guilty, it was eating him up.

 

"I can't. I feel terrible. I can't believe that Kira was the same woman you had told me about. She fooled me and made me believe that she loved me. I will see to it that Kira suffers greatly for her crimes." Wilson's words were filled with honesty, but he still felt ashamed and couldn't meet Baekhyun's eyes.

 

"Wilson," Baekhyun called, his tone deeper as he spoke. "I will make sure Kira rots in jail. She made my wife go through hell, she was lifeless in my arms with tears in her eyes. It was okay when Kira hurt me, but hurting my wife was the limit. She's finished." Baekhyun's eyes were dark, it depicted his emotions, and it was a scary thing.

 

Wilson couldn't voice a word, he was overwhelmed by fear. The billionaire's eyes gave him creepy chills, he felt goosebumps all over his body and he nodded immediately. He could tell that Baekhyun was greatly provoked.

 

"Kira is evil and she must pay for her crimes," Wilson said firmly, but the billionaire simply nodded to his words. He was impressed by Wilson's honest behavior.

However, he had other plans in mind and needed to get straight to business. Every moment at the moment is precious to him.

 

"I need to speak with the detective. If you don't mind, excuse me." Baekhyun excused himself. He made his way to the detective, Sehun who had been staring at him as if he had something on his mind

 

"How is she?" Sehun asked with a worried expression.

 

"She's out of danger, but still unconscious due to serious blood loss from her sustained head injury and she also suffered from a severe cold." 

 

Sehun sighed in relief. "That's good news. I've been calling you, I got scared and restless when you didn't pick up. Don't worry, she will regain consciousness, her body needs to adjust back to normal." Sehun said to encourage Baekhyun.

 

"I know she will. She's a fighter and I know she can make it. What I need from you right now are well-trained military bodyguards. I need them to guard my hospital and my wife's room as soon as possible. They will become my permanent bodyguards and I will pay them handsomely and take care of their families. I've made a lot of mistakes, I've wronged my wife, but not anymore. I hope you understand what I mean?" Baekhyun made his request known, and Sehun understood the job perfectly well.

 

"You don't have to worry. You go back to your wife, the bodyguards and I will be there in the next one hour." The detective gave his words, assuring Baekhyun that it would be done, and the billionaire sighed in relief.

 

"Thanks." Baekhyun looked back at where Wilson was standing, and he saw him making a phone call. "Where's Kira?" Baekhyun's eyes turned dark as he asked.

 

"She's locked up."

 

"Good. Make sure she doesn't see anyone, not even her nasty parents." 

 

"Got it."

 

"Thanks. I will be expecting you." Baekhyun walked away and headed back to the hospital. His concern was his wife, he needed to see her and stay by her side.

 

Wilson watched Baekhyun leaving and he shook his head. He hated what had happened, he hated the fact that Bella was fighting for her life because of his wife. He hated that Baekhyun's dilemma had a connection with him. He hated Kira so much, and he regretted marrying her.

 

He was about to leave the station when he saw Mr Lee Jung, and his wife, Cathy rushing into the station. They had a worried expression on, but when they saw Wilson, they ran to him with a pathetic look written all over their face.

 

"How is Kira, is she okay?" Cathy asked, but Wilson glared at them. He could only imagine the horrible things they did to Bella while she was staying with them.

 

"She's locked up, but trust me, more great suffering awaits her and she deserves it." Wilson's words were filled with anger as he spoke.

 

Cathy was taken aback at the tone Wilson used. She didn't expect him to speak to them in such a manner.

 

"Don't tell me you believe the police's false allegations? My daughter will never do that, she will never hurt anyone. You have to help her and get her out of the place, she's your wife and she deserves better." Cathy tried to play the smart game but Wilson wasn't having that.

 

"She's my wife indeed, but that's my greatest mistake. I regret getting married to her. She's a snake, an evil witch, a heartless bastard, a gold digger, and a disgusting greedy ." Wilson walked closer to Cathy and her husband with a disgusted look on his face.

 

"Kira's life is completely over. She crossed all lines when she decided to hurt Bella. Baekhyun isn't a man you mess with. He will become your worst nightmare, he will become your end if you hurt those he loves, and Bella is a woman he's madly in love with. It's over for her, and I will never do a single thing to help her because she's pure evil." Wilson walked away with a frown on his face, ignoring their calls.

 

Cathy couldn't believe what was happening. She refused to believe that her daughter's life was over. She approached one of the policemen, she wanted to see Kira and speak with her, but they strongly refused to grant her access.

 

What Wilson had said began to make more sense to them. Cathy felt helpless and so was Jung. They stayed a while, trying to persuade the policemen to grant them access to Kira, but silent and cold treatment was all they got in return, and they eventually gave up and left the station to get help elsewhere.



 

                           🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

The sun has already given way to the calming night to rule its power over nature. The stars twinkled brightly in the sky, making the night a beautiful thing, and the moon stood proudly and brightened the city.

 

The hospital was surrounded by military bodyguards, while five military bodyguards stood outside the room Bella was in. Sehun kept to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter