Chapter 10

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun walked into the interrogation room with two policemen and a lawyer behind him. He wants to make sure Kira gets to hear the ruin that awaits her directly from him.

 

His cold, impassive face gave out his mood, what he was there for. He sat in front of Kira and crossed his legs.

He couldn't believe she was the same woman he had once loved. Oh, he felt so disgusted at her sight.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what got into me, please forgive me for the love we once had for each other." 

 

Kira was sure to be good with words, but Baekhyun was no fool. She's a snake and Baekhyun is well aware of that.

 

"I didn't leave my baby at home just to come here and listen to your irritating nonsense. You tortured my wife, you almost killed her and so I'm here to return the favor. I warned you earlier but you didn't listen, so here is my verdict." Baekhyun's tone got deeper, and his eyes became scarier.

 

"You are hereby sentenced to imprisonment for life. You will never see the light of day. You will live a lonely life and die lonely. This is the punishment a heartless person like you deserves." He felt satisfied seeing Kira's shocked expression, that was what he longed to see.

 

"You can't do this to me." Kira cried out. It felt like a dream, she couldn't believe that her life had been ruined.

 

"You can't punish me this way. The law and court will do that!" She screamed, but Baekhyun smiled. He was excited seeing her breakdown, he loved the despair he saw in her eyes. A broken woman with her hope, no dream, only despair, pain, and darkness.

 

He leaned closer to her and smirked. "I am the law, and you're finished." He stood up and left the interrogation room. It was time for him to go back home to his wife, and he couldn't wait any longer.

 

He smirked when he saw Cathy and Jung looking at him with tears in their eyes. It was clear they heard their daughter's fate.

 

Baekhyun walked past them and stopped in front of Sehun.

 

"It's now in your hands. I trust you, my friend." Baekhyun said and Sehun nodded.

 

"You need not worry. I know what to do."

 

"Thanks." Baekhyun waved at him and left the station, ignoring Cathy and Jung's call. His wife was way more important, he couldn't wait to see her.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Kira was allowed to talk to her parents as her time to be taken to prison was near. She was in tears, she cried bitterly, her life was over and there was nothing anyone could do to save her.

 

"Wilson is never coming to save me, right?" Kira asked. She knew he wasn't, he had already spoken to her and he told her they were done, but she needed someone to help her, she hated the fact that her life was becoming nothing.

 

"He's not coming, baby. He brought divorce papers last night." Cathy embraced her daughter, it broke her heart to see her in such a condition.

 

"I'm sorry, honey. I will visit you every day and I will make sure Bella dies a horrible death. She will pay for ruining your life." Cathy whispered to Kira's hearing, and the crying younger lady smiled. She felt delighted hearing her mother's words.

 

"That's a promise, Mom. You have to make sure she doesn't enjoy her marriage to Baekhyun. Ruin her till her last breath, only then will I be satisfied." Kira said and Cathy nodded. 

 

"I swear to you this day. I will ruin her." Those were Cathy's last words to her daughter before Kira was taken away after hugging her devastated father.

 

Mr. Lee Jung was sad, hurt, and angry, he felt incomplete. First, he lost his lifetime job and he blamed it on Baekhyun, Hana, and Bella, and now his daughter's life is over because of Baekhyun and Bella and there was nothing he could do to save her.

 

He watched in despair as she was taken away by the police, he couldn't save her, he was helpless and powerless. 

 

That evening, Jung and Cathy returned home with wicked motives in mind towards Bella and Baekhyun. They had nothing left to lose, all they wanted was revenge.


 

                          🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

Bella furrowed brows as she gently twisted her body on the bed. She blinked her eyes open but was met with unfamiliar surroundings. The lights in the room were dim, the air conditioner was low but comfortable, and the room was big and beautifully decorated. 

 

She looked around, trying to figure out where she was, but her eyes fell on Baekhyun who seemed to be drying his wet hair. He wore royal blue silk pajamas, with a small towel around his neck.

 

Bella's eyes doubled in size, she looked around the room and she saw Baekhyun's pictures and their wedding pictures on the wall.

 

She gasped in shock. She couldn't believe she was in Baekhyun's room. She looked around for a few more seconds before fixing her eyes on her husband. 

 

He looked so handsome, so breathtaking, so y under the dim lights with his hair all wet. Bella couldn't take her eyes away from her husband, he was a pure definition of perfection.

 

"Baekhyun." Her voice was soft as she called out to him, and immediately, Baekhyun turned around to look at his wife. 

 

A bright smile graced his face when his eyes fell on her. He had missed her interaction with him, her gentle voice, her smile. He missed everything about her.

 

"You're awake." He walked closer to her and sat closer to her on the bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked while feeling her temperature. 

 

"I'm fine but hungry." Her eyes were fixed on him and Baekhyun nodded.

 

"Give me a minute." He caressed her hair before leaving the room. When the door was shut, Bella sniffed the pillow next to her, and she smiled in delight. Baekhyun's addicting scent filled the room and the pillow had more of it. She giggled to herself as she couldn't believe she was in her husband's room for real.

 

Baekhyun came back with a tray containing food in his hand, and he sat beside her. He found himself smiling when Bella her lips. She sat up carefully, ready to eat, but Baekhyun objected.

 

"I will feed you." He smiled when he saw her cute shocked expression. Feeding his wife gave him so much joy. He was grateful to God for having the opportunity to see his wife again after all she had been through.

 

When Bella was done eating, he set the bathtub for her. She needed to bathe so that she could sleep soundly. He returned to the room only to find Bella staring at him with beautiful big eyes.

 

"Can you bathe by yourself?" Baekhyun asked while removing the IV from her hand.

 

"I can." She blushed shyly, and the billionaire nodded his head.

 

"Call me if you need anything, I will be right here." 

 

Bella nodded. "I will." She stepped down from the bed but whimpered and bit her bottom lips when her feet touched the floor. Her ankles hurt terribly, but she decided to limp her way to the bathroom.

 

Baekhyun wanted to interfere, but he knew she would be uncomfortable and he didn't want that. He looked at the closed door, he felt anger slowly taking control over him, but he decided to calm himself down. All that mattered was that Bella was alive and with him.

 

He changed the bedsheets to a white cozy one. He wanted Bella to feel very comfortable sleeping in his room. He dropped three nightgowns on the bed so she could make a selection.

When done, he left the room to check on the bodyguards, just to be sure everything was in order.

 

A few minutes later, Bella was done bathing and back to the bedroom after contemplating in the bathroom. She was embarrassed to face Baekhyun with only a towel on. She had wanted to remain in the bathroom and get dressed, but her nightwear wasn't with her, leaving her with no choice but to go back to the room.

 

She looked around in search of Baekhyun, but he wasn't in sight. The only thing that caught her attention was her nightgown lying on the bed.

 

At first, Bella was shocked to see her clothes on Baekhyun's bed. She carefully walked to the huge closet, not putting too much pressure on her legs, and she opened the door, but she was surprised to see her clothes next to Baekhyun's.

 

She couldn't comprehend what was going on, it was all strange to her and it left her in confusion. 

Ignoring her troubled heart, she picked up the red nightgown among the three and wore it after wearing her . There was no bra on the bed, and Bella was okay with it. Baekhyun is a doctor, he knows what's best for her. 

 

She unwrapped her hair and let it fall against her neck and shoulders. 

It was difficult to walk around with her ankles hurting, but she pushed herself, testing her limit and she kept the other two gowns back in the closet and went back to sit on the bed. 

 

She took a bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter