Chapter 11

The Substitute Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was busy on his laptop with an elderly lady. He was having a video call with her.

 

"Are you even happy? As for Bella, I understand why you want to protect her. I missed her so much, I will make time to visit her when she's strong enough. She deserves all good things in life, but then, Hana will be there as well. I heard that she's now in Korea, and probably in that same house. Why do you want to reopen old wounds?" The woman sighed, stress written all over her face.

 

"Calm down, Mom. I understand why you're worried, but I have to protect Bella. She helped us a lot in the past, as well as her late parents. Protecting her is the best I can do for her. As for Hana, there's nothing I can do, but watch her from a distance." He sighed at his own words. He was hurt saying those words, but there was nothing he could do about it.

 

"Take care, son, don't hurt yourself while working with Mr Baekhyun." She looked stressed and sounded worried as she spoke.

 

"I will. Talk to you later. Love you." He ended the call and sighed again. He glanced at the wall clock, it was past 6 in the morning. He grabbed his neck towel and left for the gym Baekhyun had shown him when he arrived with his men.


 

                        🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

Having breakfast with her husband after a heartfelt confession felt so good. Bella felt complete, she no longer felt empty.

 

"Do you want more?" Baekhyun asked, his eyes not leaving his wife for a second.

 

"I'm full." Bella relaxed against her seat. "But I can still make room for some hot chocolate drink." She grinned and the billionaire smiled. 

 

"As you wish, my love." He trailed off to the kitchen, his face graced with smiles as he prepared a cup of hot chocolate.

 

"Here you go." He handed the cup to her, before sitting next to her. "Are you feeling any discomfort?" He asked just to be sure.

 

"I'm fine. Just feeling a bit sore around my feet and wrist." 

 

"Sorry about that sis. I'm glad Kira is out of  the picture for good." Hana said as she sat down next to the couple.

 

Bella smiled at her sister-in-law, but she realized what she said regarding Kira. "What do you mean by Kira is out of the picture for good?" She looked confused as she had no idea of what had happened.

 

Hana looked at Baekhyun, it was at that moment she realized that Baekhyun hadn't yet told Bella about Kira's case.

 

"I guess Baekhyun hasn't yet informed you, but Kira was sentenced to life imprisonment yesterday. That's all I wanted and I'm glad about it." Hana broke the news, and Bella sighed. She looked at Baekhyun and caressed his hand.

 

"Isn't that too much? I know she tried to kill me and tortured me, but life imprisonment, I feel like it's too harsh." Bella was not happy with the news, but the billionaire shook his head with a smirk playing on his lips.

 

"I'm a man that doesn't joke with my woman. She awoke a monster in me when she made you suffer. Life imprisonment is very little compared to the inhuman things I would have done to her. She deserved more than that, so don't be sad." Baekhyun leaned closer to her and kissed her lips. He looked at his sister and smiled when he saw her shocked expression.

 

"You're my wife, I will do anything to make sure you're safe." He gently caressed her hand before getting up.

 

"The directors will be here by noon to check on you. Is that okay by you or should they come tomorrow or next week?" Baekhyun wanted to make sure she was comfortable.

 

"No, it's fine. They can come over. That's so kind of them." She smiled and Baekhyun did the same.

 

"Alright." He stood up. "I have to make an important call, I will be back shortly." He kissed her forehead before walking away.

 

Bella sighed, she wasn't happy with Kira's punishment, but there was nothing she could do. She looked at Hana but was met with her teasing eyes.

 

"What's with that long face?" Bella asked while smiling, she already knew what Hana had in mind.

 

"So, you two are officially together, right?"

 

"Yes." Bella blushed and Hana laughed at how cute she looked.

 

"I knew it." She wrapped her arms around Bella in excitement. "My brother is someone that can't hide his feelings for long. You just have to brace yourself, because when my brother loves, he loves with his whole being." Hana said happily and Bella blushed while smiling.

 

"I'm all in for his love, and I love him so much." Bella giggled when Hana poked her cheeks.

 

"I'm glad you're getting better and things are okay with you two. This is the start of something beautiful." Hana had a sincere smile on her face as she spoke and Bella felt lucky to have a kind and loving sister-in-law.

 

"Thanks, Hana." She was about to drink her hot chocolate when Baekhyun walked up to her and sat beside her. He could already tell that Bella might have informed Hana about their relationship, but he suddenly remembered that Hana had wanted to talk to him the first day she arrived at his mansion.

 

"Hana, is there something you wanted to talk to me about?" He asked out of the blue, but Hana's face suddenly went pale upon hearing his question. 

 

She looked at Bella, then at Baekhyun, and she forced a smile. "It's nothing brother, please forget about it." She served some food on her plate and began to eat. She looked tense, and Baekhyun noticed it but didn't push further.

 

He said nothing but observed his sister. It was very obvious that she was keeping something from him, but couldn't disclose it due to reasons best known to her.


 

After eating, Baekhyun brought the military bodyguards to the living room to introduce them to his wife.

 

Bella and Hana sat together, watching some random modeling show when the men walked into the living room.

 

Chanyeol was ahead of the boys, his head lowered as he seemed to be distracted in thought.

Bella almost got scared at the sight of the men, but she didn't. Baekhyun had already informed her about them. She looked around in search of Baekhyun but saw him busy on the phone.

 

"Hi." She greeted them, and Chanyeol lifted his eyes to meet with Bella, and a soft smile graced his face.

 

At first, Bella was confused at the sudden reaction, but then his face looked very familiar. She looked at Hana and then at the tall man, and she found herself getting up while smiling. She walked closer to him, her eyes glittering with excitement.

 

"Park Chanyeol?" She asked despite already knowing that he was certainly the one.

 

"Yes, Bella." His smile was pure and genuine, he looked at her with care in his eyes, and Bella slowly embraced him.

 

"I missed you so much, Chanyeol." Her voice was very low, and he knew she was in tears. He gently embraced her and caressed her hair.

 

"I missed you too." He said but his eyes met with Hana's lingering gaze. He looked at her for a while before looking away.

 

Baekhyun was shocked when he saw Bella in Chanyeol's embrace. His chest began to feel tight, he hated seeing his wife in the arms of another man, it made him feel uneasy and jealous. He walked closer to her, he looked at Chanyeol and then his wife.

 

"Baby." He called, and Bella smiled at the call of her name. She pulled away from the embrace and looked at her husband.

 

Baekhyun wasted no time in embracing his wife to himself. "Babe, it seems you already know Mr Park?" He asked, and Bella smiled.

 

"Yes, I know him. He's like a brother to me." She looked at Chanyeol, then at Baekhyun. "But why is he here?" She asked with a confused look.

 

"He's the newly appointed head bodyguard. I told you about it this morning, remember?" Baekhyun said and Bella nodded, but she still looked confused.  

 

"But I've always known Chanyeol to be a general in the military and not a bodyguard." She couldn't fathom what was happening, and Baekhyun couldn't as well.

 

The billionaire looked at Chanyeol, he needed answers, and his looks demanded one as soon as possible.

 

"What's going on Mr. Park? Is it true that you're a general?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol sighed. 

 

"Yes, it's true. I'm a military general, and also the president of the Park Luxury Furniture Industries." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun smirked. He got more confused and it began to annoy him.

 

"No wonder you looked so familiar. So, why are you here? I told Sehun I needed well-trained bodyguards to protect my wife, so why are you the one doing this?"

 

"Because I asked him to. He came to me for well-trained bodyguards, he told me what had happened to Bella, and that triggered me. I couldn't just sit back and do nothing, also, I wanted to see her. So I took it upon myself to protect her till those that plan on harming her are all out of the way." Chanyeol explained and Baekhyun sighed.

 

"I appreciate your kindness, but that was too bothersome. I mean leaving your comfortable life and family just to protect my wife, isn't it too much?" 

 

Chanyeol smiled. He looked at Bella who was staring at him and he slowly shook his head.

 

"For Bella, nothing is too much. I owe her my mother's life, my life, and my father's life. Her late parents were there for us when no one did. Their kindness is rare and their love is pure and genuine. Bella must be protected and I don't mind becoming her bodyguard as long as she's safe and okay." He looked at her and smiled, and she did the same.

 

"Channy." Bella hugged him again, and the general smiled. He gently caressed her hair before pulling away from the hug.

 

"This morning I got a call from someone I assigned to spy on the Lee family, and I was told that Lee Jung and Cathy are plotting to kill Bella and Miss Hana for ruining their life and that of Kira. I've already called Detective Sehun, he will be here very soon." Chanyeol looked at Hana, his gaze lingered on her before looking away.

 

Baekhyun folded his fist. Hearing about their new development made him very angry. 

"I made a mistake by sparing those pathetic fools. I will make sure they suffer the same fate as Kira." Baekhyun said in anger, but Sehun walked in just in time.

 

"Hey, Baek, General Chanyeol has been busted, right?" He said playfully and Chanyeol chuckled.

 

"I have." 

 

Baekhyun sighed. "Sehun, why didn't you tell me about this? I feel like I'm depriving him of his life." Baekhyun felt bad, but Chanyeol cut in with a smile.

 

"You don't have to feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter