26. The Bitter Wedding

Romeo and Juliet

 

 

The rain droplets one by one hit the window and create a water path when it brushed by the wind. It was a few at first then it became so many and covered almost the window. The rain became so heavy, the sky became dark grey, the mist that created by the heavy rain and the cold weather almost blocked the view outside the window. It was already on the early August and the rainy season has come to Korea.

The sound of the iron train wheel that softly hit the railroad was the only sound that heard. Almost all the people in the train fell asleep because the weather just right. Everything felt so quiet, so calm and so peaceful.

One young man with some wound on his face and blue frame glasses to cover his eyes that had a slight of bruise looked to the window even though there was almost nothing to be seen. His mind left his body since half hour ago. He sighed a bit and looked to the phone on his hand, he staring it for a while before he decided to make a text message.

 

It will be the last time I promise.

 

He started the text, he hesitated a bit but then he hit his finger to the touch screen and made a long text message. He hit the send button and deleted the history right away.

'Help me for the last time hyung, my plan is still on.' His mind desperately said. He brushed his hair roughly, made the woman beside him who slept on his shoulder mumbled as if she also felt what the man’s rumbling feeling.

“I’m sorry Hyun.” He whispered and held her head to make her in the more comfortable position. He looked to her bitterly, he should say sorry to her for what? His sudden move that made her sleep a little bit bothered? His action that took her from her father? His action that made her get rejected by her own clan and made her had nowhere to go? He really couldn't tell. She already cried too much after she left her father and in her every tear she dropped it hurt him so much. He did ever thought that his plan is really selfish. But, the plan already half way and cannot be stopped anymore.

He took the pink frame glass that Seohyun wear slowly. It looked like really bothering her. Seohyun mumbled again when Yong Hwa at last could take the glasses off. He looked to her sleeping face, she does still beautiful but those used to be a beautiful and peaceful sleeping face now has changed a bit. She has a dark circle under her eyes because of too many cries on her days. Her eyebrows almost crossed all the time she slept and she always mumbled when her sleep get bothered even though it was a little distraction. He bet Seohyun never had a deep sleep since the day Yong Hwa took her from her father.

“I’m sorry Hyun... I’m really sorry.” Yong Hwa kissed her top head and made Seohyun mumbled random words again then tighten her grab on Yong Hwa’s arm.

“This is really nothing if it compare to what might happen later. I hope you can endure it. Until then, please be strong Hyun… be strong.” Yong Hwa intertwined their fingers and kissed it so deep and hoped he could send his power and his spirit to the woman he love the most.

 

 

“I can not believe we’re back to here.” Seohyun said and raised her arms up to the sky and breathed the fresh air with a mix of wet grass scent after the rain. The sun peeked from the gray clouds and showered her with a warm light.

“Ah, can you bring all those things Yong? Let me help you.” Seohyun said when she saw Yong Hwa a little bit had a trouble with the luggage.

“No! just bring your own luggage Hyun. Let me just handle the money, it could be dangerous if you bring the money.” He said then slung the bag to his shoulder. Yes, maybe it would be dangerous if she brought those so much money. She remembered after he took her away, he straightly went to the bank and took the money as much as he could before every card, every saving account he has being blocked by his father.

 

“We will go as far as we can Hyun but, we should hide first. I bet my father and The Jung would already have their eyes on the airport and overseas flight.” He said while moving all the money from the case to a simple traveling bag. To make it less attractive Seohyun bet. “We can’t go overseas yet.”

“Then, where should we hide, Yong?” Seohyun asked with a hoarse voice because of the cry she made almost all the way. She sat beside him, watching him putting all those money.

“The countryside... The one we had been there.” He explained and zipped the traveling bag and slung it to his shoulder. Then, Yong Hwa held her shoulders and looked to her eyes.

“We should leave the car, your father might track us. We will go there by train, okay?” He wanted to make sure her will and spirit always up. She just nodded weakly.

“Come on Hyun, say it that you're okay.” Yong Hwa demanding her an assuring answer. Seohyun then looked to Yong Hwa's eyes with her clear and fascinating eyes.

“I’m okay.. as long as I’m with you, I will be okay, right?” She said and looked to him too. Yong Hwa then smiled to hear her answer.

“Of course you will.. I will protect you with all my life.” He said and kissed her forehead.

 

They walked at the familiar roadside they had walked together few months ago and holding hands together. After a few minutes walked they arrived at the familiar ranch.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr Kang." Yong Hwa greeted the ranch owner who as usual was feeding his horses.

"Aigooo, isn't it Jung Yong Hwa-ssi? Welcome back Yong Hwa-ssi." He said and gave a bow to the couple.

"What happened to you?" He asked when he saw Yong Hwa's face that had some wounds and bruise.

"Just because some problem. But, it's okay Mr Kang." Yong Hwa said.

"Well.. I really hope you're okay. So, what bring you here? Want to have another horse ride?" He smiled to the couple.

"Aniyo Mr Kang, actually we want to meet Mrs Im and she said she will be in here. We want to rent her villa again." Yong Hwa explained.

"Aah.. Yes, right. She usually came here to drop the tea leaves that I always order from her. She might come in any minutes. You could wait her at my house terrace, you two look like so exhausted." Mr Kang offered them.

"Kamsahamnida, maybe later I would like to ride The Dragon again, Mr Kang." Yong Hwa said referring to the dark brown horse he and Seohyun ever rode together. Yong Hwa and Seohyun then walked to the house at the ranch and took a seat on the wooden bench at the terrace.

"Are you tired Hyun?" Yong Hwa asked her. Seohyun only shook her head and smiled.

"Aniya, I think I could walk a hundred more miles." She cheerfully said with her pale face. Yong Hwa just smiled a bit bitter to hear her lie. He took her hand and and held it tight with both of his hands. He kissed it so deep and long.

"Thank you Hyun for being strong.. Thank you." He said and put his forehead on their holding hands. Seohyun then kissed his hair.

"I'm strong because of you so, don't ever leave me okay?" She said. Yong Hwa tighten his grip, a slight of fear came across his heart. He was afraid he couldn't really promise her that he won't leave. Not because of he doesn't love her but, he was afraid his high risked plan failed. A certain thing that will happen if the plan failed was, he will die.

And with his head still on their holding hands, he nodded weakly. At least he could give her a hope, a reason to stay strong.

"Aigoo.. Yong Hwa-ssi, Seohyun-ssi are you two okay?"

Seohyun looked to the voice while Yong Hwa raised his head up to the voice and found Mrs Im with a worried expression plastered on her face.

"Annyeong haseyo Mrs Im." Seohyun gave the old lady a slight bow. "Don't worry, we are okay." She continued. Im Hae Wo; the villa owner who adored the couple since the first time she saw them standing in front of her villa, just smiled a little.

"Ahrasseoyo." The older lady said. "Let's go to the villa now, I have my truck." Hae Wo added.

 

Hae Wo opened the villa door and walked into the villa followed by the couple.

"You two could use this villa as much as you want dear." Hae Wo said.

"Ne, kamsahamnida Mrs Im. We might use the villa for a month or two." Seohyun explained.

"Alright then have a rest first. You two look so exhausted. I will leave now." Hae Wo then walked to the door.

"Mrs Im.." Yong Hwa who always in silent from the first, finally spoke. Hae Wo stopped and turned to the couple.

"When will the Priest available?" He asked. "Is the church at the hill also available?"

"Omo.." Hae Wo gasped with his question. "Do you.."

"Yes, we will get married. Right?" Yong Hwa held Seohyun's hand and looked to her. To be honest, Seohyun was a little bit shocked but when she saw his determined eyes she was just smiled and nodded without a doubt.

"Aigoo.. I'm so happy for both of you. I will ask the priest and call you the soonest."

"Ah.. But, Mrs Im, please call us on this number because we don't have our old number anymore." Yong Hwa said and pulled Seohyun's phone that he gave to her and showed Hae Wo the number.

"Ahraseoyo my dear.. I will contact you here." Hae Wo said after she finished saving the number on her phone. "Get enough rest for today then." She patted Yong Hwa's shoulder then she left both of them.

 


 

Jung Dae Ho, hit his fingers repeatedly to the desk while his other hand rested on his temple, rubbed it again and again to ease his tensed nerves. He was definitely being impatient. One of his loyal men, Shim Go Jung stood beside him. A knock suddenly heard on his office room door.

"Come in." Go Jung said representing his leader. The door opened a little bit abruptly. Then, five Jung came in while the biggest guy held Yunho's arm and neck. From the look, Yunho really got beaten up with those bruises and wounds on his face. He was a mess.

"Hyung-nim." They said in unison and gave Dae Ho a bow. The big guy who held Yunho also forced Yunho to give a bow to the leader.

"He refused to come… So, we have to beat him up." One of The Jung said. Dae Ho got up from the seat.

"Good job you will have your reward.. But, you all can leave us now." Dae Ho commanded. The five Jung then obeyed the leader's command obediently. The biggest guy then threw Yunho and made him fell to the floor. After all The Jung got out the room, Dae Ho walked to Yunho who got up slowly, dusting his shirt. Dae Ho stood in front of Yunho.

"Where is he?" Dae Ho asked. But, Yunho gave him a silent. The uncle and the nephew just stared each other, giving their best challenging glare. The staring competition lasted a few minutes before Yunho was the one who turned his face away. Jung Dae Ho chuckled.

"Great.. That's why you're my favorite nephew. I know no matter how hard I force you to talk you won't give any clue, right?" Dae Ho said and patted Yunho's shoulder. The latter just gave the old man a glare, challenging The Jung's leader with out a word came from his mouth.

"But, we run out of time Yunho-yah.. Let's cut the torturing. How about an interesting deal?" The old man smirked slyly.

"Tsk, I'm sorry.. Nothing can buy my brotherhood." Yunho said. Dae Ho folded his arms still with his smirk, he haven't finish yet.

"Not even your love from your childhood?"

Yunho widen his eyes and looked to Jung Dae Ho instantly. So, all these time the leader knew his sinful love to his own cousin since he was a child, Jung Jessica. Dae Ho smiled triumphantly to see Yunho's expression.

"I will give Jessica if you tell me where's my son."

Yunho’s heart was thumping so hard to hear The Jung’s leader words. He turned his gaze away from Dae Ho while tightening his jaw and clenching his fist. His body was trembling so much, the offer just too tempting that it shaken his whole body.

"I will marry you with Jung Jessica." Dae Ho whispered. There, Yunho’s heart pumping the blood even crazier. He held his head and grabbed his hair.

“Think it carefully Yunho-yah…” Dae Ho put more tempting words to the younger. Yunho growled before he looked again to Dae Ho who confidently smiled to him.

"I won't get this chance twice in my life, will I?" Yunho asked.

"Yes, you're right. It's now or never." Dae Ho firmly said to the younger. "All you have to do just follow my words."

 


 

It was the next day after Yong Hwa and Seohyun arrived at the countryside. And this was a day they will say the eternal promise in front of the priest. They were standing in front of the villa and waiting for Mrs Im to pick them up to the church.

"Are you nervous?" Yong Hwa asked the girl beside him and held her hand tightly.

"A..ni..yo.." Seohyun said. "I'm super excited, Yong nampyeon." She continued. Yong Hwa chuckled a bit.

"Alrighty Hyun buin." He said and grinned with his choding grin. A sudden car honk surprised them, an old blue small truck already stopped near them. Mrs Im, the mid 40s lady inside the truck waved at them and motioned them to come into the truck. The two then walked and got inside the truck and now the three of them sat in one line with Seohyun in the middle. Im Hae Wo then started to drive the truck away.

"Where's your wedding dress dear?" Hae Wo asked Seohyun.

"I don't have one Mrs Im." Seohyun explained and tried to smile even though her heart aches to hear the question. They didn't have time to buy any wedding dress or suit. They just bought some clothes for their daily need in a rush.

"What?" The lady couldn't hide her surpriseness. "Oh, no dear you have to wear wedding dress on your wedding day." She then looked like in a middle of thinking.

"Ah, I think I still have my wedding dress. You could wear it." Hae Wo said.

"W.. What?" Seohyun stuttered. "No, you don't need to Mrs Im, you already help us so much by letting us stay on your villa. We couldn't accept more, we already burdened you so much."

"No, you two never a burden. Beside it was me who suggest you to wear my old wedding dress." She said "Or, you don't want to wear an used and old country bump wedding dress?"

"A..aniya.." Seohyun shook her hands. "I'm just.. I'm just don't want to be a burden for you."

"I don't see you as a burden.. So, it's a deal you will wear my old wedding dress, okay?" The cheerful ahjumma glanced to Seohyun. The latter just gulped, it really not because of she doesn't want to wear an old wedding dress, she was so happy, really happy that someone would lend her a wedding dress. She was like any other girl who dreamed on a wedding and wearing a white wedding dress. Seohyun then looked to Yong Hwa who just watched the two women arguing. He smiled.

"I want to see you in wedding dress, Hyun."

"Then it's decided!" Hae Wo said then turned her truck to her house.

 

"It really fit you well!" A man said when he saw Yong Hwa finished with the suit. "I can't believe I ever had a well build body back then." He proudly said about himself.

"Jeongmal kamsahamnida for letting me use your wedding suit, Mr Im." Yong Hwa said and gave a bow to Hae Wo's husband. Just like his wife, the man also still has his old wedding suit that fortunately fit well on Yong Hwa.

"Don't mention it. We don't have kids so, it was like I'm giving this to my own son." Mr Im said and patted Yong Hwa's shoulder and looked to him with a fatherly look. Yong Hwa gave him another bow and showed the man how grateful he was to him.

Yong Hwa then looked to the mirror. The suit wasn't an Armani suit or any other expensive suit Yong Hwa always had. It was just a simple black suit with a black bow tie . But, the suit felt so special to Yong Hwa because it was belong to a couple who already married for more than 20 years now. Even though the fact that they didn't have a child, seems like it didn't lessen their happiness and their love to each other. That was what Yong Hwa hoped for his relationship with Seohyun, they would still happy with all their imperfections.

"Here come the bride.." Mrs Im voice filled the living room. Yong Hwa turned his body and went agape. His angel really looked like an angel on a white wedding dress. The dress itself also a simple one, a one shoulder with a little extent on the bottom. It was an old wedding dress but didn’t look like one. The owner must be took care of the dress all these time. She wore a feather ornament on her head with a simple hair-do and a simple make up. Overall, Seo Joo Hyun, the woman he love never failed to be beautiful.

"Close your mouth Yong Hwa-ssi.. Or a fly would come into your mouth." Mrs Im teased the young man and made them having a laugh.

“How is your bride?” Hae Wo asked the still dumbfounded groom.

“Of course, she always looked beautiful.” Yong Hwa said in amazement.

“Jeongmal kamsahamnida Mrs Im. I really don’t know how to pay all your kindness.” Seohyun almost cried.

“Oh, no dear please don’t cry… It would ruin your make up.” Hae Wo said. “To see you both married already pay it all.” She added and gave Seohyun a warm smile.

“Kamsahamnida Mrs Im… Kamsahamnida.” Seohyun keep giving her a bow.

"Your welcome… Then, let's go to the church, now." Mrs Im said.

 

After a few minutes of driving to the hill, they arrived at the small white building. Seohyun hold her breath to see the beautiful church. A church that made her dream came true and. The weather just right, the sky was so clear and the sun shone warmly, it was like this day really just made for them, it was perfect.

On the church Yong Hwa and Seohyun a little bit surprised because beside The Im couple, Mr Kang and some of his worker at the ranch, there were some elders they met on the previous lake festival already there and waited for the couple.

"Yong, I didn't know the other elders would attend our wedding." Seohyun said and almost cried in happiness.

"I didn't know we are this famous either.” Yong Hwa said confusedly.

“They decide to come when I told them my favorite couple will marry. I’m so sorry for my blabber mouth.” Hae Wo whispered to the couple.

“Aniyo Mrs Im… I’m so happy, really happy. This is beyond my hope, having so many people that attend my wedding.” Seohyun said and she couldn’t help and cried a bit.

“Aigoo… you deserve to be loved like this.” The old lady said and wiped Seohyun’s tear.

“Go now to the priest.” Hae Wo encouraged her. Seohyun tried to control her emotion and nodded to Hae Wo. Yong Hwa then gave his arm to be linked by Seohyun. She took it hesitantly.

“We always have a good thing here, don't we?" He whispered and smiled to her. Then they walked together to the aisle. Along the walk to the aisle, the elders congratulate and some were teased on them.

"Congratulation Yong Hwa-ssi!"

"I wish I was younger 30 years and I will marry you Seohyun-ssi."

"Take care of her or I will steal her from you."

"If you need for tonight my shop sell it." A fat old man said and made all the people burst to laugh. His wife hit his big belly and scolded him for being embarassing.

Yong Hwa and Seohyun now already stood in front of the priest, holding hands together and facing to each other. Yong Hwa was the one who suggest that when the priest read the vow, he wanted to face his bride.

"We are gathered here to unite these two hearts in the bonds of holy matrimony which is an honorable estate. Into this, these two now come to be joined." The priest started. Yong Hwa couldn't stop to smile and looked into her eyes. His heart thumping and thumping out of usual beat. He was so exciting.

"Do you Jung Yong Hwa, promise to have this woman as your wedded partner, to live together in the estate of matrimony? Love her, honor her, comfort her, and keep her in sickness and in health; forsaking all others, be true to her as long as you both shall live?" The priest said.

"I do." Yong Hwa firmly stated while looking to his bride eyes and showed her how serious the 'I do.' He just said. Seohyun's heart flustered and felt so warm on his assuring gaze. The priest then turned to Seohyun.

"Do you Seo Joo Hyun, promise to have this man as your wedded partner, to live together in the estate of matrimony? Love him, honor him, comfort him, and keep him in sickness and in health; forsaking all others, be true to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Seohyun said with her delicate voice. She also showed him there was no doubt on her. Everything that might come to them, she will face it bravely with him.

"Behold the symbol of wedlock. The perfect circle of love, the unbroken union of these souls united here today. May you both remain faithful to this symbol of true love. Please prepare the ring."

Yong Hwa then pulled out a box contain of their ring. A box that he never forgot to bring in his pocket, he pulled out the ring for Seohyun, the one he gave when he proposed her.

"Please join hands and repeat after me,"

Yong Hwa took Seohyun's hand.

"I Jung Yong Hwa" Yong Hwa slowly slide the eternity ring to the Seohyun's finger while keep immitating the priest but with a louder voice to make her hear his voice first. "Take Seo Joo Hyun, as my wedded partner, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish,"

"till death do us part." The priest said but Yong Hwa didn't immitate that part. He smiled to Seohyun.

"And nothing will do us apart." Yong Hwa said and grinned to her. Seohyun giggled to him along with the elders who came in. The priest then just continued the process and turned to Seohyun.

"Repeat after me dear," he started.

"I Seo Joo Hyun take Jung Yong Hwa, as my wedded partner, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish," Seohyun immitate the priest while slowly put the pair of her eternity ring to Yong Hwa's finger.

"till death do us part." She also stopped at this part and looked to Yong Hwa's eyes.

"And nothing will do us apart." She said the same thing. Yong Hwa couldn't help to not curve an ear to ear smile on his face.

"And now, I pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Yong Hwa didn't hesitate a bit. He kissed Seohyun with smile still plastered on his face. "I love you." He whispered after he broke the kiss. Seo Joo Hyun now officially became Jung Yong Hwa's wife. Yong Hwa then turned to the elders.

"How about a treat from me for everyone." Yong Hwa said to everyone at the church. The elders cheered excitedly to the offer.

They went to some Korea traditional restaurant outside the countryside with Mrs Im truck and one of the elder's truck. The woman sat on the front while the man sat on the back at the opened pickup. The elders keep patted Yong Hwa's shoulder and tell him how lucky he was to have a beautiful wife like Seohyun.

Yonghwa just held his head up and let the hard wind brushed his cheek. He hoped these peaceful things won't end so soon.

 

The night already fallen deep. The newly wed hadn't sleep yet. The newly wife was on the kitchen preparing the coffee while the newly husband stood outside the villa, calling someone.

"Ahrasso." Yong Hwa said and ended the call. He put the phone on his pocket and turned his body. He almost choked to see Seohyun already behind him.

"Who did you call?" She asked while walking towards him. She was still wearing her wedding dress and the same goes to Yong Hwa. They decide to enjoy the dress and the suit the whole day because this day won’t happen twice on their life.

"Mrs Im.." He answered a little bit stuttered. "I want to invite her and her husband for tomorrow dinner. What do you think?"

"That would be great! I will try my best on cooking!" She chirped happily.

"Okay, then is the coffee done?" Yong Hwa said try to change their conversation.

"Yes, that's why I'm here. Come on go inside."

"Okay.." Yong Hwa answered shortly. Seohyun then back to the villa followed by him with a slow step while texting to Mrs Im's number. He really had to invite her for tomorrow dinner.

"First lie on the first day of married, great." He sighed a bit.

The newly wed were chatting and giggling and enjoying the coffee.

 

"Hyun.." Yong Hwa suddenly said after their laugh died down. Seohyun looked to Yong Hwa while still sipping her coffee. She then put the cup on the table and leaned her face closer to her husband.

"Yes.. Yong?" She asked in mischevious tone. Yong Hwa smiled and put her hair strand behind her ear.

"When my time almost run out, can you help me to buy more of my time?" He said. Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows. Confuse with his sudden puzzling question.

"What do you mean?"

"I believe you're smart and will realize my question when the time come." He puzzled her more. Seohyun rolled her eyes and leaned back to the chair with her hand folded.

"Having a smart husband surely a problem." She said.

"Yahh.. How could you say that." Yong Hwa whined and pouted.

"Ahrasso.. I will bear with you my ducky Yong." She then pinched his pouted mouth. After a long talk, Seohyun made a yawn indicating she's already sleepy.

"Let's get some sleep now." Yong Hwa said.

"Okay.." And when they wanted to get up from the seat, they heard a knock on the front door. They looked each other confusely.

"Who is it?" Seohyun asked Yong Hwa. She looked confuse who would come visit them on 2am.

"I don't know. I will check, you can go to the room and change your wedding dress." Yong Hwa then walked to the front door, unlocked it and clicked the door's handle. He just opened the door a bit when it was suddenly being slammed abruptly and hit his nose. He fell to the floor then could feel his body being trapped by someone weight, a man weight. Then a lot of men came rushed inside the villa.

"Why don't you invite me to your wedding, brother?"

Yong Hwa who still adjusting his vision because of the pain on his bleeding nose then widen his eyes to hear the voice in front of him. Jung Geun Suk locked him and smirked devilishly. And now Yong Hwa could hear Seohyun's scream filled all over the villa.

 

 


Author's Section :

 

Okay, I hope the chapter meet all your expect. :))

 

As you know the next chapter will be the last battle for our YongSeo. With a chapter tittle "The Line Between Life and Dead." You might find the answer how this story gonna end up. Happy? Sad? You decide on the next chapter.

You might questioning this :

Does Yunho really going to betray Yong Hwa and take the deal with Dae Ho? He's a normal man anyway.

 

And for you who questioning the last chapter about the picture Seohyun give to Yong Hwa on her email... well, it's her testpack showing that she's pregnant. Why Yong Hwa said "Perfect"? actually it's one of Yong Hwa's plan. I just don't know how to put the explanation about the photo so I just explain it here.. kekeke 

Also, I want to say thank you to blankdocument who give me a slap of realization and refreshing me so much :DD I always love my readers.. You all awesome >,

Maybe I will update in the next two weeks. I have to refresh my mind a bit. Besides, my works really killing me nowadays!! More job desk, more responsibilities, more reports and a special assignment given to me by my GM.. Great just great ! Sorry for throwing my tantrum here x(