13. What If

Romeo and Juliet

 Today was a nice day in Seoul, a little bell at the door tinkling softly signed someone just coming in.

"Anyeong.. Welcome miss.." Said the waiter nicely. Seohyun gave her a little bow and smile, she then walked to the seat near the window that she always like.

"Long time no see miss.." The waiter said while putting the menu on the table.

"Yes, I've been busy.." She said then she scanning the menu. "Hmmm.. I'll have hot earl grey tea." She added and closed the menu.

"Not having hot mochacinno like usual miss?" The waiter asked because she knew Seohyun always love to order hot mochacinno while having her relax time at the cafe.

"No, I'm trying to have a less caffeine." She said and smiled.

"Okay then.. Please wait a moment." The waiter then left.

Seohyun rubbed her stomach then smiling.

"Today, we're gonna read some books and having an earl grey tea I hope you'll like it too." She talked to the baby. Now it has been her new routinity to always talk to her baby whenever she can. She secretly like to read books about baby. She starting to listen classic music and starting to stop consume the coffee she likes because caffeine is not good for the baby. She then pulled out a book from her bag and put an earphone, she set the classic music playlist in her ipod.

 

Without she even notice, someone was watching her from his car across the cafe. He took off his sunglass and huffed.

"You're not going to meet any man, right?" A small smile curved without he even notice. He then watched her again who read the book beautifully and sometimes rubbing her stomach.

"Seo Joo Hyun.. What secret do you have?" He ask.

 


 

"Baby !!!?" He said almost hysterical. "What does she mean? You're having a baby?"

"Let go of me!" She said and swayed her arm to release his grip.

"No.. ! I want to know !" He insisted and even tighten his grip.

"Let me go.."

"I deserve to know!" He said..

"You don't have any right in my life, since you left me." She said that make Yong Hwa taken a back she glared to Yong Hwa with sharp gaze right into his eyes. He then soften his grip. Seohyun released her arm from his and walked away from the scene, left Yong Hwa with thousands of sharp knives in his heart.

 


 

Yong Hwa, in these past few days, always stalked Seohyun if he had a chance, in lunch time or after he got off from work. He also hired a local detective to eyeing her, the safest way than asking one of The Jung to spying on her.

He wanted to know is there any man who could has a chance to be the baby's father beside him. But on these past few days he never seen her with any man who could categorize as special man at all. He relieved and he had more confidence that he's the father. More confidence but not fully sure.

It's been an hour Yong Hwa has watching Seohyun who still reading the book, he admiring her every single move, he smiled unconsciously when Seohyun smiled and when she talked to her stomach the smile was even wider. He sometimes want to go to her and asked her again who is the baby's father to make sure all of it. But, his guiltiness hold his every move and his brain questioning him with a lot of 'what if' questions. 'What if she hate me?  What if I'm really not the baby's father? What if actually she does not love me?'

His phone rang, distract his moment of admiring Seohyun. The caller was his secretary.

"I know Yu Jin-ssi, I'll right on my way to the office. But, I might a little late because I want to go to one more place."

"De.. Busajjangnim." Yu Jin said. He then hung up the phone. He looked to Seohyun once again.

"Take care of yourself angel." He said, then he started to drive his car away.

 


 

"Okay, I think that's it for today and thank you for your hardwork today." Hyoyeon said to end up the last class she had today.

"Thank you, teacher." 15 students in her class said in unison and bow to her. Then they leave the class. Hyoyeon grabbed her towel and wipe her sweat.

"Unnie, someone is looking for you." One of her assistant told her. Hyoyeon raised her eyebrow.

"Who? Is it Seohyun ?" She asked.

"No, unnie it's a guy who looking for you."

"Is that so? Okay, just tell him I want to get change first." Hyoyeon said while still thinking who want to meet her.

After changing her clothes, Hyoyeon walked to the lobby of her dancing school and found a man in suit looking to the window.

"Excuse me, are you looking for me?" Hyoyeon asked and walked closer to the man. The man turned to her and make Hyoyeon gasped.

"Yes, Hyoyeon-ssi I'm looking for you." He said.

"Why do you want to meet me Yong Hwa-ssi?" She asked suspiciously.

"You know my name already?" Yong Hwa raised his eyebrows. Hyoyeon stuttered.

"Forget it Hyoyeon-ssi, I'm here to talk to you."

"O..okay, we better go to my office." She said.

 

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Hyoyeon asked when they arrived at her office even though she already knew this must be has to do with Seohyun. She sit on her chair and pleased Yong Hwa to sit across her.

"You know this conversation will going to." Yong Hwa smiled. Yong Hwa has read all the report about Hyoyeon from the detective he hired and he believed she's trustable enough. Hyoyeon sighed.

"What do you want to know?" She asked.

"I just want to know who's the father." He said straight to the point.

"Look Yong Hwa-ssi.. This is something you should ask her in person." She said.

"I can't.. Talk to her." Yes, he thought he can't talk to her because everytime he talk to her he feel his heart always bothering him for being rational.

"Why?" She asked.

"I just can't okay.."

Hyoyeon sighed again "Really.. I can't help you on this. You two should have a proper talk."

"Okay.. Okay.. I'll ask another question then. Is she going to marry soon? That's why she keep her baby?"

Hyoyeon silent for a while thinking the right words to answer his question.

"Maybe yes." She answered so certain. 'Yes if you two have a proper talk. I know you still love for each other' she said in her mind.

"Or maybe no.." She continued and now uncertainty was in her tone she then bit her thumb nail. 'But their situation is super extraordinary. Could they actually married?'

"What.. That's not a proper answer." He protested.

 "Yong Hwa-ssi.. Are you planning to trap me with that tricky question?" She asked when she realized the answer she said before will actually quite answering his first question before. If she just say no then the possibility that Yong Hwa is the baby's father is high. He just smirked.

"Well, this is harder than what I thought." He said.

"Yeah right, thanks God I'm not that stupid." Hyoyeon said.

 "Maybe you really can't help me then." He said and he got up from the chair when he knew he will just meet dead end beside he already late to attend his next meeting. "Thank you for your time Hyoyeon-ssi." He bowed and starting to leave Hyoyeon office.

"Yong Hwa-ssi.." Hyoyeon called him just before he open the door and make Yong Hwa stopped his step and looked back to Hyoyeon. "I just can give you these information." Hyoyeon gulped "Seohyun is not a woman who easily slept with any random man. She's not a , she's just great in seducing."

Yong Hwa hold his breath and started clenching his fist.

"And one more thing, she will go overseas in the next few weeks."

 


 

"Yong.." Seohyun caledl him. Yong Hwa turned his body and found Seohyun was behind him.

"Yong.." She called him again and now tears start falling down to her cheeks. Yong Hwa walked closer to her.

"Don't cry.. Please don't cry anymore.." He said and wiping her tears. His heart throbbed to see her painful face.

"It's hurt Yong.. Really hurt in here." She said while touching her chest, give him sign that her heart is really broken.

"I'm sorry.. I hurt you that much Hyun.. I'm sorry." He said and tried to hug her and calm her down. But, to be surprised she reject it.

"Why Hyun? Don't you love me?" He asked and hold Seohyun's hand.

She shook her head "It's too late Yong.. Everything just too late." She said then she let his hand go. She turned her body and walked away.

"Where are you going Hyun? Don't go..!" He said, he wanted to catch her but his feet can't move at all, it numb as if it has been nailed to the ground. She stopped her step and turned to Yong Hwa.

"I have to go.. This child, has to go." She said and touching her stomach then she turned again to continue her step.

"Who's the father ?who's that baby father?"

Seohyun stopped his step again. "It's your baby Yong.." She said with her back facing him. Yong Hwa widen his eyes. Seohyun then continue her step.

"No Hyun..! Don't go ! Seo Joo Hyun don't go !!" He shout again and again, he tried to move his feet but it was useless, it was still like nailed to the ground. And Seohyun kept walking to the darkness.

"Don't go Seo Joo Hyun ! Don't take my baby away !!!" He shouted to his lung.

 

Now his breath panting, his body sweating a lot, he seat on the edge of his bed and hold his head.

"Damn!" He cursed for having nightmare again and the nightmare was always about her. He kept dreaming Seohyun's painful face that time when he left her at the abandon warehouse, and it hurts him now. He never has a good sleep since that day he met Seohyun at the mall. His guiltiness keep haunting him even in his sleep and the conversation with Hyoyeon the day before make it even worse.

"Seo Joo Hyun.. Seo Joo Hyun.. !!" He called her name in frustration "What secret do you have !!?"He brushed his hair.

 

"Seohyun is not a woman who easily slept with any random man. She's not a , she's just great in seducing."

 

"Do you really love me or just seducing me Seo Joo Hyun?" He said.

 

"She will go overseas in the next few weeks."

 

Hyoyeon words keep flashing in his head.

"If you really love me then why are you running away?" His head almost explode to think the uncertainty.

"I have to end this nightmare! I have to end this all." He said then he got up from his bed put some clothes, grabbed his car keys and he don't forget grabbed his gun. In his head there were only two things, Seohyun and end all of this.

 

He took a deep breath when he arrived near The Seo mansion. He got off from his car and walked carefully avoiding cameras and guards outside the mansion and sneaked in with the way he always did when he sneaked before without leaving any trace.

He opened the curtain of Seohyun's room, he walked closer to her bed and he found Seohyun still sleeping like an angel, so peacefully. He admiring her peaceful face for a few minutes. Then he slowly laid beside her and now they laid face to face.

He carefully her falling hair and admiring her again. But, he was not careful enough and made Seohyun wake up. Yong Hwa pulled his hand. She now staring at him with those big doe eyes.

"What are you doing here?" She finally able to ask after a shock she had to see Yong Hwa already laid beside her and facing her.

"Please tell me, who's your baby's father Seohyun?" He asked.

She just keep silent. She really wanted to say everything, she really wanted to say that he's the father but, she still afraid  if he doesn't love her, if he hate her then he will leave her again when the things got complicated. It's better to not set the hope too high. It's better to do everything by herself than get use to depend on someone and when they leave she can't do anything for her and her baby.

"Its okay if you can't answer it." Yong Hwa said when he only got a silence from her for a few minutes. "Then, I'll change my question." He added. Seohyun furrowed her eye brows.

"Do you really love me?" He asked.

'Just say that you love me and I don't care about everything, I don't care who's that baby's father. As long as you love me Seohyun, I don't care.' Yong Hwa said in his mind, he didn't care about what his brain told him, he just listened to his heart now.

Seohyun still doesn't know what to say. Obviously she still love him but, he already told her that he will hate her, what's the point if she tell him the truth? It's just make her so low to admit that she still love him after everything he has done to her, she has a pride too.

"What if I say I don't love you." She said. Yong Hwa smiled bitterly. It hurts, so much hurt to hear what she say it's as if his heart has been stabbed with thousands, millions of sharp glasses.

'Why are you having a face like as if you're hurt? Why?' Seohyun said in her mind to see Yong Hwa's expression.

"You hate me anyway, right? You.." She couldn't finished her question when suddenly she felt her nape is being grabbed then Yong Hwa kiss her forehead. She widen her eyes. He kiss her forehead so deep and long as if it was his last kiss for her. He then break his kiss and stare at her eyes.

"I love you Seo Joo Hyun." He said, but Seohyun still give him a silent, a silent of shocked actually. Then he got up from her bed. "If you don't love me then don't worry, I won't bother you again, we will end this thing." He said still with his hurtfull face then he walked to the balcony of Seohyun's room leaving Seohyun who still frozen.

She tried to digest what was just happened but her brain seems like been blocked because of too many shocks she had. And after a few minutes, finally the brain works normally, she got up from her bed ran to the balcony hoping she could see him. But, the balcony was empty and she can't see him in the dark garden below her room.

"I just said what if !!" She shout on the edge of the balcony hoping Yong Hwa will hear her. "It doesn't mean I really don't love you!!" She added. She searched a sign of Yong Hwa but, there was no sign from him. There were only a few mansion's guards that starting to come because of the shouting. She's starting to cry realising her stupidity.

Minutes after minutes still no sign from Yong Hwa. The Seo guards start whispering to each other guessing what the hell wrong with their young mistress. But, no one dare to ask her.

"I just said what if !!" She shout to her lung once again and she's starting to trembled. She's frustrated when she couldn't see any sign from him. Seems like he already got out from the mansion. Her knees felt so weak again, she seated to the floor and crying.

"Please.. I just said what if.. I never say I really don't love you." She said between her cry, she feel so hurt because throwing a chance to be with him once again and she blame her stupid pride.

 


Author's Section :

 

LOL.. Yong Hwa now can feel what Seohyun feel when he left her.. but don't worry my dear readers.. their situation maybe better next chapter.. xDD

 

and yes, the preview on the previous chapter is actually for the next chapter hehe.. :pp

do you think there will be anoher tragedy again on the next? no, yongseo moment will be there again.. actually I got enough on writing the sad moment for them, yes, they deserve to be happy.. well, maybe a little happy..

 

I hope you dont get boring.. have a nice day then my dear readers.. annyeoong *bow


Love is like a coffee its tasteful if you drink it when its still hot, the consequence is that coffee will run out soon. One way to enjoy it, is by drink it slowly. But, the consequence is the coffee will get cold if you're too slow. - a quote from a movie that I don' know the title