21. Their Destiny

Romeo and Juliet

"Hyunnie.. Wake up.." Hyoyeon patted her shoulder lightly to wake her up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked to Hyoyeon beside her while still gaining her soul.

"Are we there yet?" Seohyun asked.

Hyoyeon nodded excitedly.

"Come on wake up Hyun.." She said again. Seohyun stretched her body for a while. Even though the private plane served anything that could make her comfort but, hours in a plane really make her tired. She then got up from the seat. She took all her belongings she brought and followed Hyoyeon to get out from the plane.

"Where are we?" She asked when she got out from the plane. The sky was cloudy and windy but, it still warmer than when she was on the Korea or Japan that she thought Hyoyeon will brought her there.

"Welcome to Bali.." Hyoyeon said and smiled to her best friend. Seohyun widen her eyes, she never expect that Hyoyeon will brought her to Bali.

"Come on Hyunnie.. Someone waiting for us.." Hyoyeon then dragged Seohyun off the plane.

After they passed the immigration smoothly with their fake passports, they then headed to the airport lobby.

"Hmmmhh.. Where is he?" Hyoyeon mumbled and looked like searching for someone.

"Who are you searching for?" Seohyun asked but, apparently Hyoyeon was too busy and didn't notice Seohyun's question. She sighed and looked around the Airport lobby until, she found a familiar figure. A man with a simple grey t-shirt, jeans and black rayban sunglass who seem busy with his phone.

"Yunho-ssi!!" Seohyun called him. He looked to them instantly. He straighten his body which leaned on a car before and walked to them.

"There you are.." He said when he arrived in front of them. Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows to hear Yunho seems like already knew they will come.

"W.. What are you doing here Yunho-ssi?" Seohyun asked that make Yunho now who's the one with furrowed eyebrows. He looked to Hyoyeon and ready to questioned her.

"Didn't you.."

"Having fun ! We're gonna having fun ! Right Yunho-ssi." Hyoyeon said and linked her arm to Yunho. Even though Yunho a little bit surprised, he just let her be.

Seohyun could feel a little bit dissapointment going through her heart. For seconds back then she thought Yong Hwa was the one who behind all these sudden holidays things.

'Apparently it's just really about holiday.'Seohyun said bitterly in her mind.

"Eyyy.. I didn't know you guys have this close relationship already." Seohyun tried to smile and tease them. she slapped Hyoyeon arm lightly and let both of them laugh awkwardly.

'Hey, the usually cool Yunho could become awkward that something new.'Seohyun giggled to see them.

"Is this your luggage? Let me take it." Yunho said and took the luggage kart from Hyoyeon to his car.

'I don't know they actually met far before me and Yong meet and have their own story.' Seohyun smiled to see both of them who really like two best friend that haven't meet for a long time. She then remembered what Hyoyeon told her about their first meeting.

 

 


 

 

(One year ago)

 

It was a rainy night on Seoul. A heavy drunk man sit on one of the fanciest bar and lounge on the town. He was so drunk that he even couldn't poured the liquor into the glass rightly.

"Stupid glass !" He cursed the innocent glass. Who else he could blame for his aches heart beside the innocent glass; the elders? His uncle Jung Dae Ho?

"You should stay on your place!!" He yelled more. A slight pain stung into his heart when he heard his own words. He chuckled and rubbed his own forehead.

"You should stay on your place, Yunho." He murmured then he took the liquor straight from the bottle. Letting the hot sensation going through his throat to his stomach. He really hoped the hot sensation also going through his heart and burned it into ashes so he can't feel any pain.

There was no cold headed, cool or kind Yunho. There was only melancholic Yunho, and the melancholic Yunho cried that night. How he can't be a melancholic to know his life time love is out of his reach now.  

Women on the mafia clan were like trophies, like gifts. They were use for tighten the bond between the allies, used for the sake of the clan in the area which the man become useless. He could still remembered how those elders and his uncle Jung Dae Ho talking about his love since he was a child, Jung Jessica. And on that meeting they talking about Jung Jessica's future like talking something so ordinary.

"She will marry the son of The Westside Clan. I will talk to the leader first. But, her definitely going to be theirs." His uncle words kept replaying on his mind like a broken cassette. Everybody on The Jung knew, once Jung Dae Ho speak the words, then the words become absolute. There was almost no chance to change it, so it was clear and settle now that Jung Yunho doesn't stand any chance for Jung Jessica.

He chuckled again to hear what his mind said. 'Chance'? he never had a chance for Jessica from the first place. Being the close niece and nephew of the clan leader make their life would almost the same with the leader sons' life, like a puppet show. The elders from the first layer and the leader himself would choose a path for them under the reason "For the sake of The Jung." Marriage between the cousin? Just happened on their wildest dream. She will be a 'gift' for another clan while he will get a 'gift' from another clan.

Chance? He never told her how he felt, then how could he had a chance? She called him oppa but, she called Yong Hwa, oppa as well. She always kissed his cheek and hugged him whenever they met but, she always did the same to Yong Hwa and Ji Hwan, please bold the words, he's not special on her eyes. No one could be blamed except himself for being a coward.

"Yoboseyoo..." He answered his phone that has been vibrated for a several times on his suit pocket.

"Hyung, are you okay? Where are you? Are you drunk?" The other line's voice seems so worried.

"Yong Hwa-yah..." He chuckled. "Did you know already?" He continued the awkward chuckled.

"Yes, I just got the news.. Where are you Hyung?" Yong Hwa said. Yong Hwa still at the United States so, he just received the news.

"I love her Yong Hwa-yah.. I love her since we were kids.." Yunho said with a cracked voice.

"I know Hyung.."

"Doesn't your father know that??" He asked raising his voice to Yong Hwa.

"I'm so sorry Hyung.. I'll try to talk with my father." Yong Hwa said. Yunho took a deep breath and let it out with a heavy sighed. He knew the one who might change Jung Dae Ho decision was only his youngest son, Jung Yong Hwa along with his bright brain.

'Even if Yong Hwa could cancel the marriage plan but, what after that? Should I confess? Then, what if she say no? Everything would be ruined by my confession.' Yunho thought on his mind.

"Yoboseyo.. Hyung, are you still there?" Yong Hwa called him because he only got a long silent from Yunho. The latter sighed again.

"No need.. If it means this is for the sake of our clan. I have to accept this." He smiled bitterly.  

"Hyung.." Yong Hwa still not sure with his words.

"That's okay Yong Hwa-yah.. Stop being worried about me, I'm not your girls who needs to be comforted." He chuckled. "Yah.. My battery almost down.. I can hear the noisy reminder.. I should end this call, I wanna go home, too."

"Okay, be careful, you should call the chaffeur to pick you up. I bet you're so drunk now."

"Yah.. Why you sounds like my mother?" He laughed. They then ended the call.

Yunho didn't really gone home directly. He still pouring the remaining liquor to the glass. Let the magic of the liquor did its part to help him forgetting the problems as well as the pain. He drunk so heavy that night.

After he run out his drink, he got up from the seat wanted to pay the bill and realized his wallet was still in his car.

"Wait.. I'll take.. My wallet.." He said slowly to the waiter to make him still talked in a right way. The waiter seems hesitate but then he just nodded. Yunho then patted his shoulder but, when he turned around he lost his balance and bumped into a guy and make the wine that guy hold spilled to his shirt.

"I'm.. Sorry.." Yunho said and keeping hard to standing and said the right thing. "I.. Didn't.. Mean to.."

Then the scene just like fast forwarding itself. In seconds Yunho found himself fell seated to the floor bumping on the chairs with a hurt jaw.

"I hate when my shirt get dirty !!!" The man shouted to Yunho's face. Yunho himself realized he has been punched. In normal condition, he will get up and make sure the man pay for his punch to him twice. But, the liquor on his brain has shutting down all his instincts and make him still seated on the floor like a dumb.

"Yah !!! He said sorry already !!" A high voice filling the emptiness on the lounge because everyone was stunned with the scene. The guy with a wine stain on his shirt, stared to the voice.

"Does sorry will make my shirt clean again, b*tch?" The guy shouted to her. Yunho turned his gaze to the voice direction and found a blonde girl with hands on her waist who clearly angry to see the injustice in front of her.

"Tsk.. You even don't know how to talk with a lady." She said and make the guy laughed.

"Are you even a lady to yell like that?"

She glared at him like she wanted to eat that man alive because he insult her. Her friend shoved and pulled her arm to make her seated again. She shook her head with a worried face, giving a sign that she shouldn't get in to someone's problem.

"Ignore her Hyung, just drag this bastard out and we finish him outside." A younger man beside the guy told him. The guy just nodded, he then grabbed Yunho's collar and dragged him out of the bar. They punched, kicked and cursed to the drunken Yunho. Yunho himself tried to fight back. But, the liquor's spell won't let him act or think rightly.

He was already exhausted and too drunk, he just laid down on the ground when the guy took a knife.

"A punishment for making my shirt dirty." The guy said and tried to stab Yunho but, suddenly his knife slipped from his grip as a kick landed on his hand.

"What the .." He cursed and stared to the kicker.

"I can't let this injustice." She said, then she fought both of them. Yunho looked at his savior, narrowing his eyes to make his vision a little bit clear. He saw a lady fighting.. No.. Dancing? He confused with the scene, the lady fighting like she was dancing with those smooth and beautiful moves.

"Dancing lady.." Yunho murmured before everything goes blank.

 

***

 

Yunho opened his eyes after his he-dont-know-when sleeping, he seated almost immediately when he realized he was on an unknown room.

"Gahhh.." He hold his painful head because of the last night liquor. He also could feel pain all over his body because the last night fight. But, he felt the bruises and wounds on his face and his body has been treated well.

"Oh God, I hope I didn't do something stupid.." He said while he realized he only had his boxer on. He looked for his clothes and he found nothing except a man's clothes that was not his, neatly placed on the table beside the bed. He then decided just to wear it.

After he got dressed, he slowly got out from the room. He walked to the empty living room, looking around if there are any sign of the house owner. Then his ear perked up to hear a sound.. a music sound. He tried to search the sound and now he was standing in front of a door which he believed the music came from the room behind this door.

He stared at the door for a while, hesitate to open it. He hold his breath and opened the door slowly. He peeked through the small gap between the wall and the door and found a lady dancing  along with the music on a room which looked like a mini dance studio with the mirror all over the room.

Yunho only stunned to see the blonde lady dance beautifully. He was stunned on how she move her body, she dance so graceful yet so powerful. He was unconsciously let the door opened wider so that he could see her clearly. The lady noticed someone was watching her, their eyes then meet through the mirror. The blonde lady stopped her dance and turned off the music. She took her towel and wiped her sweat while walking to Yunho.

"You wake up already? I thought you'll be sleeping all day long." She said jokingly to him. "Are you hungry? I'll cook some pancakes for you." She continued and tried to get out from the room.

"Wait!" Yunho get in her way. She looked at him almost immediately. "Why am I here?" He asked.

"Don't you remember last night?" She said while furrowing her eyebrows.

Yunho covered his eyes with his palm to hear what she said. Seems like his bad thought earlier were true.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you but, it must be the alcohol effect." He said. She furrowed her eyebrows even more, totally lost with what he wanted to say.

"Hurt me?" She asked confusely. "Hurt me like what?"

Yunho removed his palm and looked to her confused face.

"Didn't we.. Last night.. Did something we shouldn't do?" He felt so guilty just by explaining it. She was still looked confuse but then she got his point. She then laughing so hard and holding her stomach that make Yunho confused.

"Do you think we were slept together last night?" She asked between her laugh "Don't worry, we didn't do that. Because you were too drunk even to wake up." She added still holding her stomach, leaving Yunho with the mix of embarassed and relieved. To make it even perfect for Yunho, his stupid stomach growled so loud, demanding to be filled.

"Let me cook your breakfast first then we can have a talk." She said while wiping her tear because she laugh too much.

 

"Here you go." She said while placing a plate of pancake with the maple syrup in front of Yunho. The pancake looked so tempting for the hungry stomach of Yunho and pancake was always his favorite food.

"Thank you miss.." Yunho then realized he didn't know the kind hearted lady yet.

"Hyoyeon.. Kim Hyoyeon." She said while pouring the orange juice to his glass.

"Ah.. Thank you Hyoyeon-ssi.. I'm Jung Yunho." He said, when she heard his surname, she hold a breath for a while. Jung, was a name of a big mafia clan, it was an unique name that not everyone could under that name. But, she then washed her bad thought away, she convinced herself that there are chances where a normal Korean would under that surname.

"I took all your clothes to the laundry, it might be finish this afternoon." Hyoyeon said. "And that's my ex's clothes you can have it, burn it or whatever you like, just don't give it back to me.. I reaaally don't mind." She said with a cute serious face. Yunho having a light laugh to hear that. They then enjoy their breakfast quitely.

"Thank you for saving me yesterday." He said, breaking the silentness.

"Ah de.. You're welcome." She said awkwardly.

"Where do you learn how to fight? You fight like you were dancing." Yunho said while feed himself the pancake.

"Well.. My whole family learned martial arts since we were kids. Just to defend ourselves from..bad guy."

"Really? It is indeed so useful. I must do that for my children later." He tried to lighten up the awkwardness.

"Why did you bring me to your home?" A sudden question from Yunho make Hyoyeon startled.

"Oh.. Well, you were so drunk back then I couldn't wake you up, can't find your ID, and your phone also down. So, I decided just bring you home since I can't left you who looked so wasted like that." She explained. She actually a little bit surprised with her own action last night to bring a stranger to her house. She only had this feeling that she really need to help him.

"Don't you afraid of me? I mean what if I'm a bad guy? Or worse, what if I'm a killer?" He asked her more.

"Bad guy won't say sorry for bumping to other guy. He would just walk away and snort or start a fight." She said, Yunho think for a while, her reason was quite true.

"I could be a jerk, byuntae who will you, you know?" He asked her again, a smile from Hyoyeon make Yunho confused.

"I don't think so, if you're a jerk you won't love your woman that much." She said.

"I'm sorry?" He definitely clueless with Hyoyeon statement.

"When I treated your wounds, you called her name on your sleep and you cried.."

Yunho put his fork and stared at her with obvious pain on his eyes. His painful eyes stammered on Hyoyeon's head who mentally slapped herself and her blabber mouth. Then he chuckled bitterly.

"I..I'm sorry Yunho-ssi, I didn't mean to get into your problems." She said a little bit guilty for blurting out his weak side.

"That's okay Hyoyeon-ssi.. I indeed so in love with a woman." He smiled painfully. "It's just, I'm the one who shouldn't have this feeling from the first place." He said. Then, that awkward moment of silent came back to them.

"Just don't try to reject the fact Yunho-ssi.. Accept it sincerely then your heart won't suffer so much." Hyoyeon said.

"I am accepting it.." He objected.

"In my eyes you're not accepting it sincerely.. If yes, then why last night you get yourself into the drink." She said that make Yunho lost in words.

"I know I'm not an expert, too since I'm also suffering the same failure so many times. But, I realized when I started to blame on people or even myself, it pained the heart so much." She continued.

"If I can't blame no one even I can't blame myself, who could be blamed?"

"No one Yunho-ssi.. But, keep your faith in God. Because, sometimes God doesn't give what you want but, God definitely will give what you need. Maybe she's not the one you need." She said.

Yunho was not a religious man, he was not really believe in God. What do you expect from a man with a job to kill. But, what Hyoyeon said, really mentally slapped his face.

What made him fell for Jessica? Her beauty? Her kindness? Her spoiled act? Okay, He liked them all. He will be the one who will be there for her whenever she need him. Listened to her complaints, sometimes he even helped her with almost anything he could do.  But, when he need her even just to hear his story, hear his exhausted heart, she never there for him. She hated to hear people whinning while he was the one who need someone who listening to him. His best buddy who'll listen to him only his cousins Yong Hwa and Ji Hwan. But, Yong Hwa now was overseas while Ji Hwan was too busy with his girls. Is she the one he really need?

"Will the one who I need really come?" He asked almost unheard.

"Trust me, he or she will come to you. Maybe, when you least expected." She said while smiling at him.

"Just be sincere to let her go and the one who you really need will come." She said that make Yunho's heart felt a little bit moved from its coldness.  

"Well, maybe I'm the one who you really need. At least to save your when you got drunk." Hyoyeon blurted and posing in a proud pose to him in a funny way. That make Yunho burst to laugh to see her sudden action.

"Yah! how can you change the situation so quick? It was so serious back then." He continued the laugh.

"Well, my nature take the control." She shyly scratched her not-itchy-head. She's indeed at serious situation sometimes because she was always the happy-go-lucky person. And her statement make Yunho laugh more. They then chatting like they were a long lost best friend.

 

"Remember don't get drunk again. Because I'm not always around to save your ." Hyoyeon jokingly said. She was standing in front of her door.

"Yeah, I try hard not to." He said while putting his shoes on. He ready to go home now after his clothes has finished from the laundry. He then got up.

"Can I have your number? I have to pay my huge debt." Yunho said and took his phone from his pocket.

"What? No need!"

"No, I don't want have a debt especially a debt from a woman. It hurt my pride as a man." He said sounded like Hyoyeon who like to joke. "At least, can I have your number as a friend?" He added.

"Just for a friend reason, not for the debt okay.. But, wait I forgot my number." Hyoyeon then tried to search her phone in her pocket. Suddenly, Yunho's phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?" He picked it up. His face become intense right away. Seems like he got a bad news from the caller.

 "Arasso, I'm coming right away." He hung up the phone and looked to Hyoyeon.

"I'm sorry Hyoyeon-ssi, I have to go now." He said and bowed a little to her. "Thank you for everything.. I will make sure, I will call you later." He continued and got out from Hyoyeon's house hurriedly to the car he called before to pick him up. Leaving Hyoyeon just stared him speechless while holding her phone.

"Call me? You even didn't save my number." She said.

 

 


 

 

 

The car moving through the long empty street between the hills. It was so silent outside and inside the car, Hyoyeon who sit on the front seat seems like sleeping as the journey really took a long time. Seohyun who was on the backseat just staring to the window blankly. At first, after they got out from the airport, they saw a lot people from different nation at the street, many houses and small buildings with bali's unique design. The locals as well as the tourists all looked so happy and free. Seohyun really wished she could have that happy expression plasterred on her face.

"Seohyun-ssi, you should wear your shades and hat now." Yunho suddenly said while peeking her from the rear mirror. She snapped back from her dreamland and put her shades and hat groggily. He then also waking Hyoyeon up and told her the same with Seohyun.

Not so long after, the car arrived at a quite big building or Seohyun could say it was a mini mansion in a really secluded area.

"Are we going to The Jung place?" Seohyun asked Yunho.

"Yes, so you should be careful." He answered. Then they arrived in front of the gate and some guards opened the door for them. Yunho opened the car window.

"You all can leave now." He commanded. The guards bowed at him and leave them, no they leave the mini mansion.

"Are we going to stay in here?" Seohyun asked still wondering. She then taking her luggage from the car trunk.

"Yeah.." Yunho said shortly while preventing Seohyun to take her luggage from the trunk and gave her sign to just wait with Hyoyeon at the front door.

They entered the mansion that suprisingly for Seohyun it was empty.

"Why is it empty?" Seohyun asked again.

"Do you really want to have those Jung guards around you?" Yunho said coldly. He still carrying the ladies luggage.

"Bring her to the beach." Yunho whispered to Hyoyeon while pointing to the back of the mansion. She nodded excitedly while showing both her thumbs up to Yunho.

"Hyunniee.. Look! This mansion even have a private beach!" She said while dragging Seohyun to the back of the mansion which directly facing the beach. Seohyun herself a little bit surprised with Hyoyeon's action. Yunho put the luggage then followed them.

"Woaaah.. " Seohyun squealed to see the nice beach and with the nice weather.

"Nice isn't it?" Hyoyeon said. They then walked closer to the beach and took off their shoes to let their barefoot feel the smooth sand.

"What's wrong Hyunnie?" Hyoyeon turned to her back and asked Seohyun who stopped her step.

Seohyun hold her breath to see a figure on a far way walking along the beach, kicking some sand with his both hands in his pocket. She opened her shades slowly with her trembled hand to make sure her eyes are working right. Even though his back facing them she KNEW him. Her heart pounding so hard, her mind asking so many questions. And when that figure turned his face to the sea letting his left side face shown to Seohyun, her tears falling down uncontrolable. She then ran to the figure without even thinking. She couldn't describe the feeling on her heart.

The figure then turned, as he could feel and hear someone approaching him. He smiled to her that make Seohyun's tears come even more. She burst to his embrace and hold him so tight. She had so many things she wanted to say but, it was too many that she then couldn't manage to say anything. She just cried hard on his chest.

 

 


 

 

Author's Section :

 

Have you notice that actually Hyoyeon and Yunho actually knew each other? I'm kinda reveal it on the end of chapter 14 ? where I'm gonna lead their relation? well, I let your wild imagination works.. kekeke..

Oh, by the way I change the foreword a little since this story has been reviewed, so I'm kinda took the advice :pp

Happy weekend my dear readers ^^