Her Words

Moving On With You, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just hours after the sun rose, Minso was seen sitting on the couch with arms folded around the Pochacco soft toy Yujin won for her, a frown plastering all over her forehead as her eyes stayed on the stairs.

As the sound of footsteps and soft mumbling of voices echoed through the hallway, her frown deepened when she saw her sister and Yujin walking down carefully with bags all packed.

Halmi came out of her room in the midst of putting on her knitted vest. "You two have got everything? I have some things I want you to bring back." She quickly waddled to the fridge and slowly retrieved boxes wrapped in traditional fabric.

"I'll go help her," Yujin told Minju, placing their bags at the door before going to the kitchen.

The brunette noticed her little sister sitting there quietly, yet her silence was bothering her. She sits next to her, gently pushing against her forehead. "You're going to get wrinkles if you keep frowning like this."

"By the time you come back to visit, I'll be having wrinkles anyway," Minso said, puckering her lips as her frown persevered.

The older girl caressed her head and heard the front door opening, in came Yujin who finished lifting the bags into the car. The younger girl ran her hands down the sides of her thighs and waited for her girlfriend.

Minju then brought Minso with her to the front door. While she bid goodbye to her parents, Yujin noticed the little one sulking at the side.

With a gentle smile, she lowered herself onto one knee so she could meet her at eye level. "Are you really going to keep pouting until I leave?" She gently nudged her cheek.

When it didn't quite get her to stop pouting, she revealed something she had been hiding behind her back and showed it to Minso.

"What's this?"

"For you," Yujin said, letting her take the notebook.

The brown, plain cover didn't entice the little girl. But as she flipped it open, her eyes widened. The pages were filled with drawings of her favourite animals and cartoon characters, all in a unique yet adorable drawing style, waiting to be coloured. They weren't printed but hand-drawn, as if Yujin had spent a good amount of time putting them together.

Minso's frown softened as she continued flipping and seeing the different illustrations. Her lips curved into a small smile, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "You drew all this?"

Yujin nodded, her smile growing. She went to her ear and whispered, "Your early Christmas present." She pointed at the notebook. "Do you like it? They're all your favourite things."

"Not all..."

"Not all?"

"You're not in here," Minso said. "You're my favourite."

Yujin snickered, patting the top of her head. "By the time you give every page its colours, I'll be back."

"Really?"

"Really."

"I'm going to colour it quickly so you'll come back quicker." Minso hugged the notebook close to her chest, feeling a rush of excitement mingled with a hint of sadness at Yujin's departure.

The taller girl ruffled her hair. "And I'll draw more for you when I'm back."

Before she could stand, the little girl flung her arms around her, hugging her tightly. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice filled with gratitude.

Yujin reciprocated her hug, running her hand down her tiny back. "I'll be back before you know it," she said before leaning away. She then whispered, "Go hug your sister or she'll get jealous."

"I heard that," the brunette said.

Minso quickly held her arms out for Minju while Yujin stood up, bidding her goodbyes and voicing out her gratitude for the girl's family.

And soon enough, the little girl watched both Yujin and her sister go with a mixture of sadness and appreciation. Halmi saw the younger girl opening the car door for Minju, giving her last wave to them.

"I'm going to miss her," she whispered, bringing Minso closer to her. "How lovely."

The little girl opened the notebook once again just to notice a string of numbers written behind its cover. "Halmi, what's this?"

The lady brought her into the house, after the other two as she took a look. "She gave you her number," she said. "It says you can call her if miss her."

"I can?" Minso's eyes lit up and earned a nod from her grandmother. "But I don't have a phone." She pouted.

"You can always use mine."

On the way back, Minju turned to Yujin. "When did you do all that?"

"Do what?" She fiddled with the button of the heater, bringing her eyes off the road briefly.

"The notebook."

"That?" Yujin chuckled. "I got lucky. I guessed all the kid shows she might like before we left and drew them all out. It's not that difficult."

"What can you not do?" Minju leaned against the door, body slanting to face her girlfriend with a grin on her lips.

"Biology," Yujin said, reaching for the girl's hand to settle on her lap. "Because that's what you're good at." She intertwines their fingers, rubbing her thumb along the back of her hand.

Minju lightly squeezed her hand before bringing it to hold the steering wheel. "I don't feel like dying." She chuckled, watching those lips pucker.

Yujin took her hand again. "I'll drive slowly."

When she saw the seriousness in her girlfriend's expression, she settled Minju's hand to rest on her lap before putting both hands on the steering wheel. "Safe."

The older girl snickered, hand gently caressing her inner thigh, a small gesture yet it got Yujin to smile like it was the end of the world.

After sending Minju home, Yujin finally reached her dorm. The first thing that greeted her was the fragrance of mixed spices before seeing the usual faces gathered in the living room.

Hyewon was the first to acknowledge her presence. "Have you eaten?"

"You finally remembered to come back," Yena commented, slurping her glass noodles.

Yujin set her shoes aside neatly. "I ate earlier." She walked past them, stopping only when Hyewon offered her a bite of her cheese tofu.

"I'm going to take a nap," she spoke with a mouth full, dragging herself towards her room.

Jiwon snickered. "Of course, she'd be tired staying up all night with her girlfriend. Or should I say, nights?" Hyewon nudged the side of her head for making that comment.

Yena's eyes widened when she heard the room door opening. "Wait—"

The two looked at her weirdly as she kept shut.

Yujin entered the room and placed her bag aside and phone on the table as she sat on the edge of the bed. Thinking of unpacking later, she lifted her legs onto the bed just for someone to jolt up from beneath the blanket, causing her to flinch out of the bed.

Yuri gasped. "I can't breathe." She exhaled deeply, brushing her hair back and noticing Yujin's presence. She smiled innocently. "You're back."

"What...are you doing here? You know you can't—"

"I know, I know," Yuri said. "We didn't do anything here."

"I don't even want to imagine it. At least not on my bed."

"Which one?"

When Yujin realised which bed she was lying in, she gave up hope. "Don't you have your own place?" She was on the verge of whining.

"I do but the walls in the dorm are, you know."

"As if here's any better."

"The walls are thick here."

"I'm out of here." Yujin took her phone. "Tell Yena to do the laundry." She left the room, strolled past the hallway and went to the main door.

"Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here." Yujin started putting on her shoes. Her tone may seem like she's ticked off but it was a great excuse to bombard someone's place.

Yena shut her eyes briefly. She knows. The girl sighed and continued eating, watching her roommate leave the dorm, minutes after she returned.

Hyewon turned to her with a knowing expression. "Care to explain?"

Minju closed the cover of the washing machine, pressing the buttons before letting it run. Stretching her arms up, she took down the laundry she hung days ago just to hear three knocks on the door.

Walking to it, she saw Yujin frowning through the peephole. She opened the door for her, wondering why she was back when it hadn't been long since she dropped her off. "I told you the passcode."

Yujin's frown softened. "But I respect your privacy. Can I come in?"

Minju pulled her in, shutting out the cold. "What happened?" She snickered. "Do you miss me that much?"

"That and ask your friend for the rest of it."

The brunette retrieved the coat from Yujin while the girl washed her feet. "Which one?"

"Yuri," the latter said. "And tell her to pay for my therapy."

Minju folded the coat neatly before placing it to rest on the back of the dining chair. She doesn't know what situation called for a therapist but it was better to not know.

Yujin dried her feet against the rug, seeing her girlfriend tackle the laundry. She went over, offering herself as a makeshift basket to collect the dried laundry.

"I thought you needed a nap," Minju muttered, draping a shirt over Yujin's arm.

"I do," the younger said, having her eyes strained on the road for a few hours. "Desperately."

Minju gently rubbed her chin. "Thank you for driving." She went on her toes to offer her cheek to Yujin, feeling a pair of lips tenderly pressing against them. "Find something to change into and sleep." Her hand gently pushed her shoulder to guide her away from the laundry room, taking the pile of clothes from her arms.

Yujin followed her into the living room instead of heading upstairs. When Minju sat on the couch, the younger girl did the same, going to lie on her lap while the brunette folded the clothes.

"You're going to do it here?" She noticed Yujin's feet dangling off the armrest and felt the girl nod against her lap. Minju passed her an oversized shirt and a pair of shorts.

"In winter?" Yujin raised the black shorts in question.

Minju snickered and gave her a pair of grey sweats. The younger girl sat up and started taking off her hoodie, followed by the shirt she wore underneath.

The brunette's hands moved swiftly, neatly folding the clothes but her eyes obliviously stayed on her girlfriend.

"I know you're good at multitasking, but do one thing at a time," Yujin muttered. "Stare when you want to stare, fold when you have to. Or stare and fold, if you can't resist it."

Minju lightly jabbed the side of her body while the younger was slipping on the shirt, hearing a soft chuckle. Yujin stood up to change into comfortable sweatpants and asked, "Are you done with your write-up?" She suddenly remembered.

Minju rolled the pair of socks and shook her head. "Almost."

"What are you left with?" Yujin sat back down, folding her clothes and mirroring the girl's actions.

The brunette arranged the shirts and shorts into neat stacks. "What am I good at?"

"You're really asking that?" A smile slipped Yujin's lips, knowing the girl was amazing at everything she did. "Do you want me to list them out for you? What's the word count? I'll need one or we could be writing for days."

The older girl chuckled. "Not that," she said. "In my field of study. They want to know what I'm comfortable with. Like the things I've done before, or areas I've never laid my hands on where I need more guidance."

"Everything," Yujin confidently uttered. "If you can fix a broken heart, there's nothing else you can't do. You know how hard it is to fix a broken h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter