Sunrise With You

Moving On With You, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju dangles her legs off the boot of the car, a makeshift refuge from the outside world. She never knew she'd be stuck in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, with the girl that has been running around her mind. They were surrounded by tall trees with reddish-brown foliage, parked next to a small, wooden hut where people could seek shelter. "This is your definition of having everything under control?"

"It's pretty out here." Yujin walked around the car, to the boot, accompanied by the soft crunch of gravel beneath the sole of her shoes. "I think we'll be able to catch the sunrise this time." She sat next to the brunette, pushing a soft groan out of her lungs. They found a charging station at the most secluded place possible, away from civilisation.

Minju didn't want to blame anything or complain. She wanted to just embrace nature or whatever this was no matter how tired she was. Only with the younger girl does she get to experience the most out-of-the-blue situations.

"We'll only get to leave in three hours." Yujin gave her a heads-up, but Minju wasn't bothered by it.

The brunette scooted back slightly so she could lean against the hind of the seats. She wraps the blanket around her body. "How exactly did you know where I was?"

"You told me."

"I did?"

Yujin snickers, moving backwards. "Chaewon unnie told me to come get you."

"Oh god." Minju desperately didn't want to think about the things that could've gone wrong or of anything at all.

Yujin chuckled when the brunette hid her face with the blanket. "Even if I had to get out of bed to come get you, I would," she said. "But don't worry, I was in the area anyway."

"What were you doing so late at night?" Minju looked at her, hoping it wasn't one of those days.

Though Yujin wanted to know what was going on that night, the night that made her do a little detour, she figured there wasn't a point in asking Minju about it. It bothered her a fair bit but she decided to leave it aside. If the brunette wanted to tell her, she would. It was something Yujin shouldn't be asking about. Not with whatever they are.

"I was looking for you," Yujin said. "Because I felt bad for not replying to you." She fiddled with the string of the drawing tube next to her. "And also because I wanted to tell you something." She looked at Minju.

"I just didn't know you'd appear all tipsy or whatever you were a few hours ago." She stifled a laugh.

Minju tightens her fingers around the blanket, feeling the little stutters in her heart's rhythm. "What did you want to tell me?"

Their eyes locked in an intimate embrace, amidst the peace that settled in their ambience and the soft murmur of crickets. Yujin's gaze was unwavering and with a tender smile, she spoke softly, her words carrying the weight of her feelings, "I may be impatient and short-tempered as to what others think of me, but I'm not someone who gives up easily." She made sure the girl heard her. "Especially when it's you." Yujin looked into those ever-mesmerising eyes.

Brown eyes were common, but people didn't talk enough about the glow they held. Yujin could feel herself getting lost in them but only because they were Minju's. "I'm willing to do anything to be with you or be next to you. Even if it takes years, or if I'd have to live another life, I know I'd be finding you," she said, articulating sincerity in the softness of her voice. "I know it won't be easy, we won't know what happens next and everything's easier being said than done but there's one thing I want you to know." Yujin reached over to shift the blanket over Minju's shoulder when it started slipping off.

"I'm going to move on with you."

Minju felt her heart swell within her chest as if it had suddenly grown too big for its confines. Her eyes, normally so expressive, shimmer with emotion. No one has spoken to her like Yujin does. Not one person she knows held this much certainty in their words alone.

Her cheeks took on a soft, rosy hue as if the warmth of Yujin's affirmation had spread through her veins, colouring her from the inside out. A slight quiver touched her lips as if she were on the brink of saying something but decided to hold back, allowing the moment to linger a little longer.

As she sat there, absorbing the truth of her words, her gaze remained fixed on Yujin whose eyes never left hers. The silence between them felt like a sacred space, where unspoken emotions ebbed and flowed like a melody only they could hear. They sat close, the air thick with a mixture of tension, tenderness, and vulnerability.

Minju's eyes, once haunted by the ghosts of her past, now held a glimmer of uncertainty and hope, all because of one girl who would fight alongside her between the scars of yesterday and the possibility of tomorrow.

"You know," Yujin began gently, her voice a comforting murmur amidst the quiet night, eyes glancing at the brunette's lips. "Moving on doesn't mean you have to forget whatever that has happened. It means learning to carry it with you while you make space for what's ahead." A slight quiver greets her body.

"And I want to do it with you, no matter how tough it gets."

A mixture of emotions played across Minju's features. She wondered if it was the alcohol or if it were her truest intentions when she leaned in, her lips meeting Yujin's in a kiss that held the weight of words she had yet to say. The air seemed to hold its breath as if nature itself recognized the significance of what was about to transpire.

It was a kiss that held a world of affirmation. As their lips touched, it was as if a floodgate of unspoken feelings was released, surging between them with a tenderness that was palpable. The touch of their lips was soft and hesitant at first, a whisper of emotions exchanged. But as the seconds stretched on, the kiss deepened, fuelled by the affirmation they both sought to convey. Minju acknowledges her efforts and feelings while Yujin is willing to do whatever it takes even if it means waiting for her to heal.

As their breaths intertwined, Yujin felt the weight of her longing, the yearning to move forward while still feeling the tug of her past. In that kiss, she tasted the brunette's bravery, the trust she had instilled in Yujin.

Though a little surprised, the younger girl melts into those soft lips of hers. She could feel the echoes of Minju's past, hesitations that lingered like a whisper on her lips. She kissed her back with a gentleness that spoke of the patience she had for her, a hand reaching for Minju's that was settled above the carpet. Her fingers began to move, brushing against the brunette's palm.

Minju responded instinctively, her fingers curling around Yujin's, creating a fragile bridge between them, each finger finding its perfect counterpart in the other's grasp.

Finally, as they reluctantly pulled away, their eyes met once again, mirroring the sentiments that their kiss had conveyed.

"You want to do it with me?"

Yujin's thumb brushes against the back of her hand as she nods slowly, a little breathless, totally not fazed by the kiss they shared. "Even if you don't let me, I'll be there." The kiss lingers on her lips as her mind fights off the urge to feel it again.

Minju's eyes searched hers, seeking the truth behind her words. "You'd be there?"

"I'll be here," Yujin whispers. "Right next to you."

"Right next to me?"

The younger girl nodded, gaze unwavering. It was a part of Minju she anticipated seeing–her giving it a try. "It's not easy. But I'll be here for as long as you need. I'll wait."

A soft, genuine smile began to form on Minju's lips, tugging at the corners like a delicate brush on a canvas as she looked away. "I'm sorry."

Yujin hated those two words that never failed to make her heart sink but waited for the reason behind them. "What for?"

"That you have to wait and that you'll be dealing with something so confusing even I, myself, have no answers for," Minju said and turned to her. "You could've found someone less confusing."

"I don't think I can. The universe brought me to you whether I like it or not. And even if I could, why would I when there's you?" the younger girl said. "And I wouldn't say you're confusing."

Yujin grasps words from the bottom of her heart. "You're the hard-working, unpretentious, beautiful, intelligent med school student who knows how to make amazing coffee." That earned her a push to the shoulder, making her chuckle.

"And there is more to that," Yujin said. "A brave, young, passenger princess who doesn't know how to drive but loves the idea of night drives. Oh, and photobooths. And she loved to doodle on anything possible, I could've mistaken her for being in Arts."

"Yujin."

The younger girl took the hand that was about to give her another nudge, putting aside her playfulness.

She focused on the latter's gaze, her fingers brushing over the back of her hand. "You're the girl that puts herself before others, bearing the weight of the world even when you're not asked to. You're the girl who does everything herself and expects nothing from others. You're the girl who thinks everything's not going her way but still manages to get there," she conveys. "I'll be the girl who'll put you first before the world. I'll be the girl who'll look after you. And I'm more than willing to be the girl who'll follow you wherever you go, to see you become the best heart surgeon there is. Or a cardiologist as you call it."

She really has a knack for words. Minju found herself melting to become one with the puddles before them. "They're two different things, Yujin."

"They are?"

Minju nodded once. "A cardiothoracic surgeon and a cardiologist."

Yujin would love to hear more. "They sound the same."

"One focuses on surgery while the other specialises in treating heart diseases."

"Which one will you be then?" That's all Yujin wanted to know. Her dream.

The older girl hasn't quite thought about which path she'll go into. "Depends on what I choose later on. Most likely surgery. I have two more years before I get to have a choice and another three or more before I can be called, as you call it, a doctor."

"That's fine. I'll be choosing you anyway." Yujin earned a light push to her head, causing her to chuckle. "I forgot how long it takes to be a doctor. Where would I be? Give me a second." Yujin counts into the future but forgets her numbers.

She gave up counting. "I'd rather live in the presen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter