Anywhere With You

Moving On With You, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the soft rays of morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, Minju slowly stirred in the cosiness of the bed. The rhythmic sound of their combined breaths, still synchronised from last night, echoed in the room.

Her eyes gently fluttered open as she found herself nestled next to Yujin, lying on her arm. After meeting the turning point in their relationship, it felt like reality was coming together.

Minju never lies in bed for more than a second once she's awake but finds herself wanting to lay here for the next few hours. She couldn't help but smile, having the best night's sleep.

She pondered whether it was the passionate activity they did together or simply the sheer joy of waking up next to the younger girl that made her rest worthwhile.

Whatever it was, last night could've gone on forever if Minju hadn't been beaten by exhaustion.

Drawing the blanket closer around her, Minju nestled further into Yujin's embrace, savouring the familiar contours of the younger girl's form. As if her body recognised Minju, Yujin's arms and legs instinctively wrapped around the brunette and hugged her warmly.

The older girl's gaze drew upwards, peeking at Yujin who still had her eyes shut, yet to comprehend the morning. "Good..." She softly muffled out, a gentle warmth in her tone. "Is it morning or afternoon?" Yujin's deep voice found a gateway to the morning, travelling into Minju's ear.

The brunette leaned away slightly, reaching towards the side table to check the time on her phone which showed a few minutes past eight. "It's still early."

Yujin grasped the side of Minju's waist and pulled her back to where they were before. "Good morning then," she said. "Why do you wake up so early..." She presses her face into the crook of Minju's neck, feeling a pair of arms go around her shoulder.

"We can still catch breakfast," the older girl whispers.

Yujin ran her hands down the side of Minju's body. "Hm..."

"There'll be a lot of food." She tries convincing the girl to get up. Her lips brushed against Yujin's ear. "A whole buffet."

"Will you be there?"

"Mmhm."

"On the menu?"

"Hm?"

"I'll only eat if it's you." Yujin breaks out in a soft giggle, breath hitting the side of Minju's neck. "You're hungry? You must be hungry." She concluded with the way the latter was persuading her to wake up a second ago.

Yujin pushed herself up, groaning softly when pain greeted her wrist. Overworked. She collapsed back first onto the bed and saw Minju sitting up. "Give me five minutes." She lazily lifted her hand to grab a pillow, putting it onto her face.

It didn't take long for her to feel the older girl straddling her, inflicting a slight curl on the corner of her lips as Yujin peeked over the pillow.

The brunette lowered herself, lips meeting with Yujin's forehead and seeing those eyes turn into crescents. "I'm going to shower," she said softly and got off the girl.

Yujin turned her head to the side and saw Minju putting her hair up into a bun. Her fingers curled along the edges of the pillow when the girl proceeded to lift her shirt over her head.

Shyness greeted Yujin's cheeks when the older girl's clothing met with the floor, the outcome of last night showing on her bare skin.

Not even five minutes into the morning, Minju asks, "Are you coming?"

Yujin scooped up the crumped white button-up from the floor, deftly folding it before slipping it into her bag. Just as she reached for the towel hanging on the back of a chair, her phone buzzed with the caller ID, Blanket Stealer. 

Answering the call while draping the towel around her, Yujin was greeted by a playful yet urgent voice, "We're not saving the waffles for you if you don't get your here in five minutes. I know you had a great ni—"

"There's waffles?"

"Yes, get down here. There's everything. Hyewon won't spare you mercy and everything will be gone in T minus five minutes."

The call ended abruptly, prompting Yujin to turn to Minju who stood by the bathroom mirror, mindful of the bruises the younger girl had left on her skin.

Feeling a twinge of guilt—but not entirely—Yujin goes up behind Minju, drawing her attention. Minju turns around, back leaning against the edge of the sink. "What are we going to do?"

"Do what?" Yujin feigns ignorance, obliviously settling her gaze onto the constellations she laid meticulously all over the older girl's neck, down to her collarbone. "Are you embarrassed?"

"Not really, I'm just..." Minju rubbed the side of her neck, a gesture that contradicted her secret enjoyment about being on the receiving end. "...surprised."

"Surprised?" Yujin snickers.

"I didn't know you were this kind of person." She watched as Yujin removed her hoodie.

"What kind of person?" She brushed her hair back, ruffling her bangs with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Caught in a moment of admiration, Minju sighed softly. "You know what I'm talking about."

"Do I?" A grin struck Yujin's lips. "Then I'll let you know that I'm that kind of person." She carefully rolled the hoodie, fitting it through Minju's head before pulling it down snugly over her frame.

Tugging gently on the pocket, Yujin leaned in close to Minju's ear and said, "The kind that'll let everyone know that you're mine and all the hard work it took for me to say that." Yujin gently pressed her lips on Minju's shoulder before readjusting the hood.

"It's an achievement," Yujin declared proudly, pulling the hood over Minju's head. "But it's up to you to cover it up. I admit, I kinda went overboard. Kinda." Her head tilts slightly, earning a soft glare from Minju.

With a soft kiss that sent butterflies fluttering in Minju's stomach, Yujin took her by the waist and said, "Let's go. We're hungry."

As they neared the breakfast buffet area, Yujin instinctively adjusted the collar of the hoodie Minju wore, a subtle action that didn't escape the older girl's notice. Minju gently removed Yujin's hand, intertwining their fingers instead. 

A shrug from the brunette caused the hoodie to slip off her shoulders, enough to reveal the faint marks on her collarbone. 

Caught off guard by the gesture, Yujin grinned, allowing Minju to pull her along. 

They entered the area after showing the room key, eyes searching for their friends who took the long table by the windows that framed the view of koi ponds and small tables set out in the open.

Yujin pulled out a chair for Minju and heard Yena say, "You're lucky they extended another hour." She was busy nursing a hangover. 

The brunette saw Chaewon coming back with Hyewon, both holding onto plates of food they'd scavenged.

"You're here," Chaewon said, settling next to her. The first thing she noticed was none other than the younger girl's prominent collarbone when Minju was putting her hair into a messy bun. "No wonder you look so alive. I thought you'd be dead with the way you drank."

"Hm?"

She nudged her head towards where the food was. "The shrimp here is good. They've just refilled a batch. Get it while it's still there." She watched Yujin bring her friend away as she let that grin play on her lips. "I told you."

Yuri's eyes followed her best friend and hummed. "Must've been fun," she said, shifting her gaze onto Yena who knocked out the whole night without doing anything, being too drunk to keep her eyes open.

The only thing she did was make the toilet bowl her best-est friend while Yuri held her hair up.

Following the short line, Yujin scans her eyes past the plates of roasted beef and trays of seafood. She grabbed whatever looked good, helping Minju with the ones that were too far in for her to reach.

She pointed at a few more dishes, earning nothing but head shakes from the brunette. "That's all?" She was worried Minju wasn't eating enough. Yujin went on to fit more onto her plate, hoping it might stimulate her appetite later.

Minju followed Yujin around the food section, pausing when the girl ordered customised omelettes for them, requiring a brief wait. Amidst the multitude of choice, she noticed Minju's diverted attention and followed her gaze to a particular girl entering the area. 

Feeling Minju's grip on the hem of her shirt, Yujin draped her arm around the brunette's shoulder, drawing her close. "I know it's tough," she said, gently rubbed her shoulder. 

Giving a soft kiss to the side of the older girl's head, she heard her ask, "What is?"

Yujin looks at her and smiles. "I know," she repeats softly. "It's difficult to ignore the person who gave you so much to remember." She tenderly caressed Minju's head before collecting the omelette from the chef. 

Minju started wondering if the girl had psychic powers. Her perceptiveness was out of this world.

Thanking the chef, Yujin guided Minju with a hand on the small of her back towards their seats. 

The older girl looked at her. "How do you know?"

I saw the way she looked at you.

What was once loved can't be unloved. The feelings a past lover's gaze held would always be there. They wouldn't disappear but could be ignored.

Yujin flattened her lips. "You told me," she said. "Last night."

Seated, Minju carefully placed the plate in front of her. "I did?" Yujin nodded. "What did I tell you?"

"How much you wanted me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter