She's Back

Moving On With You, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeling bored, Yena peeks her head over the bed where Yujin was. There's no whose bed is whose in this room. The pillows were the only thing that they could call their own. The latter was smiling with the brightness of her phone illuminating her face. "What are you watching?"

"Nothing," the girl looked at her as Yena placed her chin on the wood.

Yena goes back down. "Did you bring the parcel to the post?"

"What parcel?"

"Hyewon's."

Yujin looks up from her phone. "Uh oh."

"Uh oh indeed," Yena repeated when the latter quickly jumped from the upper deck and put on her jacket. "You're going to die if it doesn't get sent out by tomorrow." She lies back down.

"You don't have to remind me. I don't want another broken arm." Hyewon can be a little unpredictable. She may look and act like a saint but she's ruthless when errands aren't complete when they should be.

The younger girl slips on her shoes and grabs the parcel by the door. She briskly walks to the lift and spams the close button. Looking at the square digital panel displaying the time, she knew she had to run once the door opened. The post office closes at 11 pm which is in five minutes.

So she ran for her life with the box clasped between her arm and her body. She might've squealed on the way, trying her best not to bump into people walking by. The moment she sees the bright red sign, she accelerates and pushes the glass door open. "You're not closed, right?"

The lady at the counter looks at her. "Not yet."

Yujin sighed in relief, placing the box on the counter. "I need to send this." She patted her pocket for her phone, but they were empty.

"It's fine. There's a barcode." The lady scans the sticker on the box and takes the parcel. "Leave it to me. It's been paid in advance."

"That's fast." Yujin was fascinated. "Thank you." She smiles, giving a small bow. But the moment she turns, her smile leaves her lips when she sees the skies pouring. "I was only here for a minute."

"You can use the—" The lady stops when she sees the umbrella rack empty. It's for the customers. Yujin pouts, having no phone and no umbrella. "It should be a light shower."

"I hope." Yujin sat at the side. "Don't you have to close though?"

"I do." The lady didn't want to say.

Yujin had no other choice but to run in the rain. Even though the dorm is five minutes away, she'll reach home drenched with the not-so-small rain.

She goes to the door and puts on her hood. Taking a deep breath, she opens it as the winds slam straight into her face. "Let's hope I don't fall."

Before she could run, someone pulled on her jacket, making her stop. Yujin nearly tripped but saw who it was. She didn't mind falling if it was for her. "Oh?" She noticed the umbrella Minju was holding onto.

"Why are you here?" Minju asks.

"Delivery." Yujin points at the post office behind them.

Minju nods, opening the umbrella. "Are you coming?" She sees the latter smile brightly before joining her under the umbrella.

"I'll hold it." Yujin takes it from her since she is the taller one out of them. This would probably count as fate, Yujin thinks. "Why did you come out of there?" She points behind.

"Team dinner."

Yujin nods. "Why are we going this way? Isn't your place the other direction?"

"I'll drop you off first."

Yujin doesn't want to argue. She slants the umbrella slightly to ensure the older girl was covered fully. "So, what did you guys eat?"

"What else?"

"Barbecue?" Yujin reaches for Minju's tote bag and carries it. She could smell the hint of smoke off the girl's clothing. "Did you eat a lot?" She saw Minju nod. "That's good."

"The professor gave us his card."

"Even better."

Minju shrugs, pushing the umbrella towards Yujin. "You're going to get wet."

"It's okay. You must have had a long day." It was almost midnight.

Flashback to high school...

After a long day of classes, being in bed was the only thing Minju looked forward to. Food wasn't her priority despite having to skip lunch.

She walks down the school hallway, carrying a book she borrowed from the library earlier. But the moment she makes it to the entrance, she sees people running towards the bus stop with bags over their heads, and uniforms all soaked.

This is probably the worst day to forget an umbrella. But Minju didn't want to pay a fine for soaking her borrowed book either. She shoved the book under her shirt and got ready to run.

When she took the first step, she felt someone holding onto her bag, looking to see Wonyoung shaking her head. "Oh? Why are you here?" She knew the girl had a meeting with the council.

"You were going to risk being sick for a book?" The taller girl asked, taking the book from her. She takes the brunette's bag, carrying it on one shoulder. She opens the umbrella she had with her, holding it over their heads. "I'll walk you to the bus stop."

"You can just give me the um—"

Wonyoung pulled her to walk, not giving her a choice. "If I give you this umbrella, how am I supposed to walk home later?" She holds both the umbrella and the book with one hand, using her other to hold onto Minju's hand.

"You're ending late today?"

Wonyoung shrugged, pulling Minju to walk closer. "The next election's coming. Going back early would be like catching snow on the desert." She snickers, tilting the umbrella to fully cover the brunette.

Minju shifted the umbrella back. "You're going to get wet."

"You don't know that saying?"

"What saying?"

"On rainy days, you can measure how big a person's love is. The more drenched they are, the bigger their love."

"You'll get sick showing your love." Minju made the girl hold onto the umbrella properly.

"You'll be taking care of me anyway."

End of flashback...

They reached Yujin's dorm in no time and stopped at the lobby. Minju asks her to go, which Yujin does. She closed the umbrella since it stopped raining. 

She was about to leave but heard, "Unnie." 

Turning around, her eyes met Yujin's, who approached her with a gentle smile gracing her lips.

"I forgot Yena unnie wanted something to eat." Though it seemed like a flimsy excuse, it was enough to keep Minju from leaving just yet. With a swift motion, Yujin reopened the umbrella, even though the night sky was clear, and stars twinkled above them.

"What are you doing? It's not raining."

The younger girl just takes her by the shoulder and brings her to walk. "It is."

Minju sceptically reached her hand out, feeling nothing but the crisp night air. "It's not," she remarked, her tone laced with amusement.

Yujin coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter