Taking You With Me

Moving On With You, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju looked out for a black sedan, hair a little damped from taking a shower at the hospital earlier. The car arrives in front of her eyes before she knows it. When she saw Chaewon in the passenger's seat, her eyes drew to the back seats to see Yujin making it her territory.

She got in, gently lifting Yujin to sit upright, realising who the driver was.

Hyewon looks over her shoulder, giving an endearing smile to the brunette. "I'm Hyewon," she introduces. "You must be Minju." The said girl nods, letting Yujin lean against her shoulder. This wasn't what she had in mind of meeting Yujin's friends.

Hyewon looked at the younger girl and back at Minju. "Do you mind bringing her to your place for tonight?" She asks. "There won't be anyone back at the dorm and I get worried. We can't leave her alone in this state."

Minju looks at Chaewon through the rearview mirror, seeing the girl smile sheepishly. But her gaze screams I'm helping you. The brunette sighed, turning to Yujin whose cheeks were scarlet. It brought her back to the day when Yujin told her that no one drinks without a reason. Filled with worry, Minju could only hope she had fun and nothing else.

They drove off towards Minju's apartment, a quiet trip back. The brunette gently lifted a hand, cupping Yujin's cheek, feeling how warm they were. She heard a soft sigh from the girl who found solace within her touch, shifting closer to the source of warmth.

Hyewon glanced at the mirror, smiling to herself when she saw the concern both in Minju's gaze and her actions, then knowing Yujin was in good hands. "I really don't want to say it, but she was looking forward to you the whole night."

Minju saw Chaewon giving the latter's shoulder a slap.

It wasn't the first time Hyewon had seen that behaviour of Yujin's whenever something unexpected happened. Mostly when Minju couldn't make it on days they had plans together. She doesn't show it often but Hyewon knew.

"I've never seen her excited for her birthday before," she said. "Not until today." But she knew that excitement only lasted a few hours before a phone call happened.

Chaewon knew she had to drill things into Hyewon's head tonight for saying all these that could potentially make her friend feel bad for not turning up. She closed an eye since Hyewon didn't know Minju's side of the story and was more than determined to make her realise.

But the only thought going around in Minju's head was not wanting to use the hospital or anything else as an excuse for not turning up. But it'll be one of the things she couldn't change moving on. It's just how things are for her. The nature of her studies and work.

Minju had nothing to say in response to the older girl's words, nothing that could assure anything or make things better.

When she recognised the road leading to the apartment, she gently shook Yujin's leg, waking her up. When it didn't work, she lightly tapped her cheek, earning a dimple in return. "Yujin."

Almost as if the younger girl recognises her voice, she lets out a soft groan. Frowning deeply, she flutters those heavy eyelids, getting greeted by a hazy gaze. Yujin blinked her eyes open, trying to focus on her surroundings.

A little disorientated, she managed a small smile when she realised who was next to her. "You're here," she slurred slightly, leaning back against Minju's shoulder.

A second later, she roused up and looked at the older girl. With confusion written all over her eyebrows, she utters, "You're here?" Minju hums softly. "Why are you here?"

The older girl never thought of hearing that phrase from Yujin. Instead of replying, she found herself getting lost in Yujin's eyes.

Having no idea what was happening, the younger girl softly says, "It doesn't matter. What matters is you're here." She leans herself onto Minju, managing to find the girl's hand as she slips her fingers into hers.

The brunette felt Yujin's thumb brushing against the back of her hand as the car pulled up into the apartment complex. "Can you walk?"

"Hm?"

"We're here."

"Hm?"

Minju sighs softly, pushing open the car door. She helped the girl out of the car, wrapping an arm around her for support.

Chaewon rolled down the window, handing Minju a box. "She had it with her the entire evening." The brunette took it. "Do you need help?" Yujin was leaning against the brunette, her balance shaky from the effects of alcohol.

Minju shook her head. "I'm okay." She put the flat box into her tote bag.

Chaewon made sure she had her steady before telling Hyewon they could leave.

"Where are we..." Yujin accidentally took a step, stumbling onto the girl.

Minju held her up, putting the latter's arm over her shoulder. She wondered how much the girl drank to be in this state. Carefully, she guided her up to the apartment.

Yujin tries her best to walk properly, holding onto the girl for support. "This place looks familiar." She squints once they enter the lobby. "Is this my dorm?"

"It's not."

Yujin gasps softly while looking at her. "Are you kidnapping me again?" She grins, lazily rubbing her hand on Minju's head.

The brunette brings her into the lift and presses the button.

"I wished you did it more often," Yujin says.

"Do what?"

"Kidnap me." The younger girl tries not to put her whole body weight against Minju, leaning herself onto the railing. "I really don't mind sleeping on the floor. You can shove me in the closet if you like."

"What are you saying?"

"I sleep better when I'm with you." Yujin inhales deeply. "Because I know that you're there."

Minju noticed the latter's hand reaching for hers. She lets her, getting pulled closer to Yujin. "But if I'm being very honest, lately you've been the reason why I stay awake."

The lift dings, signalling their arrival on their level. Yujin's words were concerning and Minju didn't want her to keep them to herself.

If she could, she wanted to know the reason behind it.

They stepped foot into the apartment while Yujin slipped off her shoes and socks, immediately heading into the bathroom. Almost as if it were a fixed route of hers whenever she enters Minju's place.

The brunette held onto her when she walked out, making sure she didn't stumble further. Yujin didn't know what a straight line was, apparently.

The younger girl smiled when she saw the couch but she was deviated by Minju who brought her towards the stairs. "Where are we going?" Her feet hit the stairs. "Oh, stairs. What are you going to do to me?" She grins adorably.

"Careful."

Yujin trusted Minju and held onto her while the girl brought her up to the loft. Though it was a shaky journey, they made it. Minju placed her hand above Yujin's head, making sure she didn't hit the ceiling.

But the younger girl took it as a head pat, giddily smiling until she stumbled onto the bed. She sighs when she comes in contact with the cool sheets, head heavy.

Minju sighed deeply, brushing her hair back. She thinks of what to do next, about to head down but felt Yujin pinching her pants, preventing her from leaving. "You're not going to stay with me?"

"I'm going to get water."

"I'll go with you." Yujin held onto the latter's wrist, attempting to sit up. "Who needs water?"

"You." Minju took her hands and looked at the girl whose eyes turned into crescents. "Stay here." She gave a soft pat on Yujin's head before going down the stairs.

The younger girl eventually collapsed onto the bed, getting into a nap.

When Minju came back, Yujin was all curled up in a fetal position. She sat next to her, placing the cup on the table before gently tapping her leg. "Yujin."

"Hm?" The latter groaned softly, turning around with eyes barely opening. She felt the girl supporting her to sit up only for her head to drop onto Minju's shoulder. "I like it when you call my name," she said.

"Ahn Yujin."

"Not like that. It sounds like I've done something wrong."

Minju carefully made her take a sip of the warm water as Yujin's body leaned onto the older girl.

"It sounds nice," Minju said. "Your last name. Ahn." It wasn't the most common compared to her own.

Yujin turns to her and sees Minju placing the cup on the table. "You like it?"

"You're the first person I know with that last name. It's a little... special."

"Do you want it?" Yujin asked. "My last name."

The older girl saw that pair of lips winding into a teasing grin before she sent her fingers onto Yujin's chin, lightly rubbing it.

"Come on." She stands up.

"Where else are you going? The bed's already here."

Minju grabs her wrist, pulling her to stand up. Yujin swayed but found her balance using the girl's shoulder. "I can't really—it'll to fall." She felt the brunette making her hold tightly onto her shoulder before they started walking down the stairs.

Yujin reminisced about her preschool days of playing choo choo train, blindly following wherever Minju was bringing her. There she found herself in the bathroom when the brunette made her stand, letting her hold onto the sink.

Minju opens the mirror cabinet, accidentally hitting Yujin's head.

"Ah."

The brunette's hand quickly went to the latter's forehead, hearing a soft giggle coming from Yujin. "I'm sorry."

The younger girl shakes her head, holding onto her hand. She suddenly lowers herself and waits. Minju looks at her. "What is it?"

Yujin taps on her forehead, aligning it with the girl's lips. She peeks at the brunette who got the memo but wasn't doing anything.

"Ah..." Yujin fakes the pain, earning a soft kiss on her forehead. Though she expected a forehead slap, this felt nice.

Minju took out some makeup remover and cotton pads. She uses her feet to drag a small stool she had in her bathroom, guiding Yujin to sit on it.

"What are you doing?" The younger asks, instantly feeling something cool hit her face, along with gentle rubbing to her forehead. She pouts and whines softly, "You're wiping the kiss away."

Minju held onto the side of her neck. "Close your eyes." Yujin did as told, lips still holding its pucker. The brunette glided the cotton pad over her eyelids, making sure she wasn't putting too much pressure.

She glanced to see Yujin holding onto her pants, not knowing why it got her all fluttery. "Why are you holding onto me?"

"So you wouldn't go away."

"Where would I be going?"

"I don't know. Just take me with you if you're going anywhere," Yujin said.

Minju found her funny and played along. "Even if I'm going far away?"

The younger girl opened her eyes. "You're going somewhere far away?"

Minju paused her movements before shaking her head although she would be three hours away in a few month's time. "I'm not going anywhere." She felt Yujin's grip tighten around her pants.

"I would be devastated if you decide to go somewhere far and not bring me with you."

The older girl sensed the seriousness behind her voice as she ran the cotton over her eyebrows. "How am I going to bring you with me?"

"Why are you talking as if you're really going away?" Yujin chuckles. "There's always a luggage big enough to fit me. You have to bring me."

"Why?"

"Because I'm yours. You don't just leave what's yours behind."

The brunette was in the midst of wiping the latter's lips, taking in what she said and asking, "You're mine?"

The younger girl gave a lazy yet firm nod. "You have me. From the moment you wrote your name on me, I have been yours," she said. "Even if you didn't want me, I'm only yours to have."

"Who said anything about not wanting you?"

The moment those words entered Yujin's ears, all she could do was smile. "So you do want me. Okay." She took Minju's hand and stood up, holding onto her shoulder for support. Looking at her, she says, "You're the only person that does this."

"Do what?" Minju handed her a wet toothbrush, squeezing some toothpaste on it.

"Remove my makeup," Yujin said as if she were telling Minju her true self exists with her around.

The older girl helped her roll up her sleeves as Yujin's eyes stuck on her, a heartwarming smile plastering all over her lips.

She sticks the toothbrush into and narrows her eyes playfully. "Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter