She's The Difference

Moving On With You, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the soft light of dawn tiptoed into the room, Minju stirred awake, blinking away the sleep as an unexpected morning greeted her.

Minso was sprawled across Yujin, lying on top of her, nestled comfortably in the tangle of bedsheets and the latter's neck. Her dear girlfriend was sound asleep, blissfully unaware of the cosy chaos around her.

The three of them fitting in one bed amazed her. However, not more than the fact that Minso's favourite rabbit plushie ended up on the floor. It was a soft toy the little girl had to have with her, but seeing it lie on the ground and Minso occupying the surface area of her girlfriend, meant something.

A smile danced upon Minju's lips as she recalled the peculiar turn of events that led to this moment. Just a few nights ago, Minso had been distant, aloof towards Yujin with an apparent disapproval lingering in the air.

But as the hours passed and the days melted away during their visit, the little one's guarded walls gradually crumbled, turning into a newfound warmth for the older girl.

Minju turned to her side, lying on her arm as she reached over, gently running her thumb over the curve of Yujin's forehead.

The small gesture might have woken the girl as Yujin's eyelids fluttered, opening her eyes to see Minju gazing at her. It was the mornings like this she wanted to experience with the girl.

Not until she realised the weight above her, shifting her hand to gently rest on Minso's back. A little lost, she saw the older girl sitting up slowly. Yujin mouthed help me, only to earn a smile from Minju who stood up.

The brunette gently rolled her little sister to lie on the bed, relieving the weight on Yujin's chest. The younger girl breathed comfortably, rubbing her eyes as her hands ran through her hair, stretching her arms out.

Minju tapped on her forearm, earning her attention before motioning out of the room. Yujin sat up, carefully lifting the blanket to tuck Minso in as she got off the bed.

The first thing she does is hug the brunette from the back, putting her chin against the curve of her neck, and letting Minju pull her along.

Gently closing the door, a soft good morning entered the older girl's ear. Minju led them to the bathroom and felt a pair of lips pressing against her neck warmly. Yujin hugged her a little tighter, and with any more strength she would've lifted the girl with her.

Minju ruffled the younger's bed hair, earning a soft smile against her shoulder. "Good morning," she returned, feeling Yujin's hand run across her waist.

The younger girl stood upright, receiving the toothbrush from Minju. "Did you sleep well?" She put it in front of her, letting the older girl squeeze out some toothpaste on it before shoving it into .

Minju nodded and said, "I should be asking you." She chuckled, the weight of Yujin's hand resting on her waist.

The younger girl looked at her through the mirror and mumbled dramatically, "She loves me." She internally celebrated, shifting her hand to rest on Minju's shoulder.

The older girl laughed, swishing the toothbrush in as Yujin put her chin on top of her head.

"It should've been you on top of me." The younger girl lifted her chin off, doing her final brushing as she stood next to Minju. "Doing something else instead of sleeping."

The older girl slapped her stomach, earning a kiss on her cheek. Minju slowly turned to her with eyes widened. Yujin briefly got lost in her reaction, overlooking the slight smirk when the brunette attacked her cheek. 

Sunday afternoons are for lazing around. Late lunches, couches and the television playing in the background. However, in a house full of active people, the parents were out on their date and Halmi was playing a game of Go with her friends, leaving the three girls at home.

Yujin scooped a small spoonful of porridge, looking at Minso who was busy with her colouring book as she waited for her to swallow her food.

Minju sat opposite her. She was on her laptop, occupied with the pre-internship writing she had to get done before, well, her internship. She saw Yujin patiently feeding her little sister, showing interest in Minso's world of colours.

"What colour should I use for her scarf?" She asked the taller girl who searched through the row of coloured pencils and handed her a red one. "I like red," Minso gave her approval and continued colouring while Yujin fed her another spoonful of pumpkin porridge.

The little one handed her a yellow coloured pencil. "Do the sun for me, please," she requested and Yujin got to it, meticulously filling the said sun to the line.

Minju smiles, shifting her focus back onto the laptop screen, legs extending onto Yujin's at the opposite end. The subtle touch sent a grin onto the corner of Yujin's lips, hand resting above the brunette's shin but she didn't stop with Minso's request.

Adding shades of orange to the sun, she asked the little one, "Is this okay?"

Minso looked over, gasping softly, now knowing another level of colouring existed when she saw the hues of the sun Yujin created with a darker yellow. "Can you help me do the rest?"

Yujin chuckled, putting down the pencil. Before she got to say anything else, the long buzz from Minju's phone interrupted.

The brunette shifted her head to the side, nudging Yujin to help her check who it was. The younger girl took the phone, eyebrows furrowing when she saw who it was requesting for a video call. "Why is she calling you?"

"Who is it?"

"Hyewon." Yujin passed the phone but the older girl shook her head.

"You pick it up."

"She's calling you."

"I'm busy." Minju's hands don't leave the keyboard, leaving the call to Yujin.

The younger girl accepted the call, seeing Hyewon's face appear on the screen. A look of surprise greeted her, followed by, "Yujin darling, I do miss your face but I really need Minju right now."

The brunette looked up with a slight frown when the word darling entered her ears, just after Yujin's name. The taller girl had the same expression but only because Hyewon didn't need her.

"Why do you need her for? You can ask me." She sees Hyewon slumping onto the couch with a long sigh.

"What do I do when she starts ignoring me out of the blue?"

Yujin immediately passed the phone to the older girl, not knowing how to answer her question. Minju let out a small sigh, placing her phone to rest on the laptop screen. "What happened?"

"What I did was, I came back to the dorm and gave her a call like every other day. Usually, she doesn't hang up first but she did today. We weren't even five minutes in. I thought something might've gone wrong so I went down to the cafe, picked up her favourite tart and gave it to her. The cafe was a little busy today, so I understand her just taking the tart and leaving it to the side. Maybe she wants to eat it later and since I have the time, I waited till there weren't as many people. But when I went up to her, she told me to head back first. Coldly," she emphasised.

Minso gently shook Yujin's arm after finishing her food. "Can I have grapes?"

The taller girl stood up, not letting her ears leave the conversation her girlfriend was having with her cousin while she washed the grapes.

Minju processed the situation and asked, "What did you do before that? She's not someone who would ignore you for no reason. Did you forget something?"

"I never forget," Hyewon was confident. "I do know it's that time of the month because I can't—but I've seen worse. This isn't normal," she said. "I mean, if you want me to tell you what I did the past few days...all I had were client meetings. And I even asked them to meet me at the cafe, because that way I'd see my sweetheart behind the counter while I'm in a meeting."

Minju shook her head slowly as the whole picture became clearer. "Someone's jealous," she mumbled.

"What?" Hyewon missed her.

Yujin sat down, bringing the brunette's legs to rest on top of her thigh. She picked one huge grape, peeling its skin because Minso preferred it that way.

"Were they girls? The clients you met," Minju asked.

"I'm trying to cast a girl for my short film, so I made them meet me at the—oh." Hyewon realises, earning a knowing look from the brunette. "My baby's jealous."

"It can be worse if she's on her—"

"God knew I had to call you. I got it. Thank you, bye!" Hyewon quickly ended the call.

Confused, Minju put the phone away and saw the younger girl feeding grapes to her sister.

"I didn't know Chaewon was the type to get jealous." Yujin doesn't forget about Minju, plopping the fruit into the girl's mouth.

The brunette chews, gaze staying on Yujin. God definitely knew she had little scenes in her head, replacing Hyewon with Yujin and letting her feel everything Chaewon would've felt.

More so, the knowledge of six people who stood in front of her in an imaginary, not-so-imaginary line.

She went back to her work and mumbled, "As if you won't be."

Yujin heard her. "Me?" She asked. "Jealous?" A scoff left her lips. "In what situation would I get jealous? I don't get jealous easily. You'd have to move a mountain to see me get jealous," she claimed.

Minju snickered. "Use your imagination. You look funnier in my head."

"I don't get jealous."

"Whatever you say, darling." The brunette teased, earning a soft tap to her leg.

Yujin turned to Minso who was watching the both of them as the girl said, "You already look funny in front of me."

Brain usage for school deserves a nap. While Minju was doing that in her room, the other two were busy having a makeover in Minso's.

The little girl flipped through her child-safe makeup set, picking out a small brush as she turned to Yujin who sat quietly on the floor. "Close your eyes."

Yujin listened. "What colour are you going with?" She blindly trusted the little one who started brushing over her eyelids gently.

"I'll surprise you when I'm done," Minso whispered softly, being meticulous with her movements. She leaned away and nodded. "Pretty."

"Thank you."

"Not you. The makeup."

Yujin flattened her lips in disbelief, watching her take the only lipstick from the pink box.

Neon pink lipstick.

The older girl mirrored Minso's puckered lips as she started applying the lipstick over Yujin's lips. "Just a little more..." She filled her lips nicely, moving on to the last step.

"Now, blush." Minso picked up the big brush, dusting it over pink powder before going in generously all over Yujin's cheekbones. 

She gasped dramatically when she was done, cupping Yujin's face. "So pretty." She admires.

"The makeup?"

"No, you," Minso said, still admiring her masterpiece, shifting the girl's face here and there. "You are beautiful. So beautiful. You look like a princess. How did you become my sister's girlfriend?"

Minju roused up from her nap, running both hands through her hair, pushing it back as she started to wonder what the two were up to because the house was way too quiet.

She got off the bed and headed out of the room. Twisting the knob of Minso's door, she peeked and saw the two of them working on the little girl's 3D model of a house.

"Yujin, you have to put that in there," Minso whispered as if any decibel higher the model would break apart.

Minju leaned against the door frame, the soft creak of the wooden floor catching their attention. When the two of them turned around in sync, the brunette might've gotten slightly startled when she saw Yujin's face.

The girl smiled like a fool as if nothing was wrong (nothing is), Minju didn't know if she should laugh or cry at the blue eye shadow occupying most of Yujin's face.

She went up to Yujin and cupped her face, bursting out in heaps of chuckles when she took in every inch of the makeup she had on her.

Minso smiled in satisfaction. "Pretty, right?"

Yujin looked at Minju, nodding in agreement even though she knew how she looked. Very much like a clown. She wanted Minso to feel proud of her work. "My face did all the work, right?"

"And I was only gone for an hour." Minju indeed can't leave Yujin in this house alone with her family. "You're still cute, don't worry." She rubbed the girl's chin before sitting next to her.

Yujin puckered her lips, asking for a kiss but the older girl gently pushed her face away.

Minso rapidly tapped Yujin's leg. "It's falling apart!" She held up the roof of the house made of ice cream sticks while the taller girl quickly took the liquid glue next to her.

Minju watched as Yujin cautiously squeezed glue along the sides of the model, holding the roof in place. The way her fingers moved reminded her of the time they spent the night in the workshop.

Just without that full face of kid's makeup.

Once the 3D model situation was settled, Minso sighed in relief, turning to her sister. "Can I do you next?"

Minju shook her head. "It's your nap time." Her words held truth and an excuse to not get turned into something that unicycles around the circus.

"But it's Sunday," Minso whined softly, not wanting to lose out on time with the new addition to this family.

Yujin gently made the little girl stand. "You'll have to sleep to grow taller." She lifted Minso onto the bed while the girl reluctantly laid on her back.

"Can you sleep with me then?"

Yujin turned to Minju who was tidying up the books and sticks on the ground. "I'll just stay here until you fall asleep." She felt a small hand grasping onto hers, observing a pout forming on Minso's lips.

"You won't disappear?"

The taller girl smiled gently. "Where would I disappear to?"

"You have to stay here." Minso's body seemed to recognise the sheets and weighted blanket over her as she started to feel sleepy.

"I'm here," Yujin assured, sitting on the edge of the bed, hand still tightly grasped by the little one. "I'm not go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter