Infinite Reasons

Moving On With You, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting drunk wasn't on the list for Yujin, and neither was waking up with a headache. The moment her eyes greeted the day, Minju was no longer next to her.

She had to drag herself to the bathroom, and do her morning routine to find out a prominent bruise, just one, was laid on the crevice of her collarbone by her girlfriend who claimed the walls were paper thin.

Yujin brushes her hands through her hair, quickly slipping on a warm, brown hoodie before heading downstairs. Though it was a Friday morning, the house seemed busy as she observed from the stairs. The footsteps and rustling were the most prominent sounds she heard, not voices.

Halmi was helping Minso wear her bag before she was late for school. Mr Kim snagged a piece of sandwich, shoving it into his mouth while he headed for the door, gesturing for his wife he'd be waiting outside. Minju was with her mother, the brunette washing the dishes while Mrs Kim was swiftly packing lunch into a glass container.

Everything was so happening. Witnessing a family getting ready for the day was a first for Yujin, or perhaps, she forgot when was the last time she saw one.

While Minju dried the cutting board with a towel, she noticed Yujin standing by the stairs. She smiled, seeing her all lost yet delight struck her ever-evident bright eyes upon meeting hers. "Why are you standing there?"

Yujin quickly made her way towards Minju, not forgetting to greet everyone in the house with polite bows and awkward sliding past the wooden floors, making Minju chuckle.

Yujin stood next to the girl with a hand holding onto the collar of her hoodie, the other pinching the edge of Minju's shirt as she whispered, "Why didn't you wake me up?"

Minju looked at her and leaned closer. "Why are you whispering?"

"It's quiet," the younger said, still in a trance of the morning.

Minju wiped her hands on the towel that hung off the cabinet's handle before using the back of her hand to lightly nudge Yujin's chin. "Good morning."

"Good morning," the whisper stays in her voice, letting Minju take her wrist.

The older girl brought her to sit at the dining table, on the long bench, that was prepped with breakfast every Korean household makes.

Small portions of stir-fried squid, bean sprouts, braised potatoes, braised beef and quail eggs marinated in soy sauce, and acorn jelly and not to leave out the main dish of hot kimchi soup to cure her hangover.

"You have to finish everything. Halmi made this for you." Minju sat next to her, shifting the soup closer to the girl and seeing Yujin's eyes dazzle with astonishment.

The younger girl looked at her. "Can I marry you now?"

A soft chuckle escaped Minju's throat at her reaction, nudging her head lightly as Yujin picked up the chopsticks. "You won't regret it?"

"I don't think anyone would regret marrying you. Marrying you wouldn't be on a bucket list but a to-do list. I'm definitely marrying you." Yujin's hand held onto her collar as she started with a careful sip of the soup and the moment it entered her body, she exhaled in relief.

All Minju could do was smile at her words. "She made the kimchi."

"No wonder it hits that spot." Yujin smiled excitedly, prepared to devour every drop of soup. "You've eaten?" She saw Minju nod.

"We're leaving! Don't forget to hand out the rice cakes!" Halmi's voice echoed as the two girls waved, Yujin not forgetting to express her gratitude. She waved at Minso who did nothing but give her a little glare.

When they were left alone in the house, Yujin finally released her hand from her collar and ate comfortably. Minju realised why she had been doing that, reaching over so she could take a look at the bruise she left on Yujin's collarbone. "It didn't look that bad last night."

"If I didn't stop you, it would've been worse."

"Would it?" The brunette chuckled briefly and heard the girl hum firmly, dimples showing themselves when she pressed her lips together. "You didn't stop me...I was the one who stopped you," she muttered under her breath.

She gave a soft kiss to Yujin's cheek and felt her hand grip her thigh, pulling her closer till their legs touched. "Why didn't you wake me up? Do you know how miserable it was to wake up without you next to me?" Her hand slid onto Minju's inner thigh, fingers unconsciously caressing her skin.

The older girl chuckled at her complaining as if she hadn't spent the last decade without her.

"Why are you laughing?" Yujin's eyebrows knitted as she tried hard to look angry. "Do you know, when I woke up, all I felt was bedsheets under my fingertips and not you? Do you know how I felt when you were no longer there?"

The older girl ran her hand past Yujin's shoulder, resting her hand on the back of her neck to comfort her. "How did you feel?"

"I felt empty," Yujin said softly. "And sad." She pouts, leaning her head to rest on Minju's shoulder. "For like five seconds until I saw you again."

The older girl cradled her jaw with a hand, giving a soft kiss to the top of her head. "How do you feel now?"

Yujin peeked at her, mouth full of rice. "Satisfied." She sat up. "Because I have you for the next five days." She ate happily while Minju watched her with affection gleaming in her eyes.

"You have me for as long as you want."

"I do?" Yujin looked at her, asking even though she knew the answer, earning a hum from Minju who rested her palm on her cheek.

The younger girl held back her smile but her dimples failed her adorably. She gave Minju her cheek and felt a pair of soft lips press against it, causing flutters to greet her chest.

"I want to experience every morning with you." She couldn't help but nudge her head gently against Minju's.

The brunette snickered softly, reaching over to comb Yujin's bed hair. "Less talking, more eating. We have many things to do today."

"We do?"

Minju hummed, tangling her fingers through the younger's hair. Yujin looked forward to it, feeling something rubbing against her leg. She looked under the table and made eye contact with the cat who jumped onto the bench.

Minju leaned away slightly, getting held onto by Yujin who said, "She's in a good mood." The younger girl pats her head, feeling the cat lean into her touch affectionately.

"You don't know that."

Yujin gently held onto her hand, guiding it onto the cat's head. "I'm here, don't worry."

Minju trusted her, giving soft pats to the kitten who clearly didn't mind, rubbing itself onto them. She smiles, overcoming that little fear that stuck with her for years.

Yujin watched her go a little further, scratching the cat's chin as a wave of pride washed over her.

"Are we there yet?" Yujin asked, dragging herself up the hill, following the brunette who was busy looking for a house.

Minju stopped walking and waited for the girl who was carrying a plate full of rice cakes. She goes behind Yujin and starts pushing her from the back. "Almost there."

Yujin endured a few more steps before they arrived at a blue house, decorated with abundant flowers along its balcony. "Here?"

"Yup." Minju pressed the doorbell and waited.

"Who are we visiting again?"

"Yuri's grandmother."

"Yuri." Yujin nodded, smiling when the door opened, revealing an old lady who was a splitting image of Yuri. She had no doubt this was Yuri's grandmother.

"Oh, look who's here!" Her soft-spoken voice came through, arms opening cordially, giving Minju a big hug. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Halmi told us to bring these over." The brunette gestured at the plate of rice cakes Yujin was holding, bringing the lady's attention to the younger girl.

"Oh, and who's this? How pretty. Since when did we have another one of you?"

Yujin blushed, introducing herself effortlessly while the old lady beamed widely. Mrs Jo then leaned towards Minju and whispered, "Is she the one your dad had been talking about? The pretty girl you opened your heart for?" Her eyes lit up.

Word travels fast around here.

Not going out of notice, Minju whispered back, "She is." She stood upright, gently holding onto Yujin's chin as if she were proudly showing off her girlfriend. "She's pretty, right?" Her eyes sparkled with sincerity as she glanced at Yujin, feeling her heart swell with affection for the girl standing beside her.

Yujin blushed deeper, feeling a mixture of shyness and sheer happiness at Minju's words. Mrs. Jo's gaze softened, her wrinkled face reflecting a deep understanding and warmth as her lips curled sweetly.

She held up both hands. "Let me take a look at you."

Yujin lowered herself and let the lady cup her face like every grandmother would. Mrs Jo's hands traced the contours of Yujn's face, her touch gentle yet filled with a knowing warmth. The old lady's eyes, though aged, held a spark of wisdom as she studied the features before her.

"Ah, big clear eyes," she murmured, her fingers lightly brushing over Yujin's eyelids. "A window to the soul, these eyes are full of love. They pay attention to things most people don't."

Yujin blinked, slightly taken aback by the accuracy of the observation. The lady continued her examination, moving to the plump lips that formed into a shy smile.

She squints. "Full lips," she commented, a twinkle in her eyes. "Words of kindness will flow easily from these lips. But don't be fooled by their softness; they can speak truths with a strength beyond measure."

Yujin exchanged a glance with her girlfriend, surprised at how Mrs Jo seemed to unravel the layers of her personality with a mere touch.

With fingers moving to Yujin's cheekbones, feeling softness beneath her fingertips. "High cheekbones," Mrs Jo noted with a knowing smile. "A mark of resilience and strength. Life might throw its challenges, but these bones will carry the weight with grace."

She cups Yujin's chin, shifting to look at her from side to side as her expression turns thoughtful. "A sharp jaw and chin," she continued. "A symbol of determination. You, my dear, have a spirit that refuses to be easily swayed." She gently lets her go.

"Heard that?" Yujin smiled proudly and turned to Minju who enjoyed listening to everything. "Determination."

Yujin slipped her fingers through Minju's, holding onto her hand as her other adjusted the muffle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter