Ditched, Followed, Found.

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hyomin

"Hoya.. Pick up. Please, pick up," I mumbled as I called Hoya for the 19th time. "He effin turned off his phone. I'm so angry. So angry. He left me to be with that.. that.. ! Hold it in Hyomin. If don't you might kill everyone here," I said to myself. After calming mysself down. I looked at my watch. Its almost midnight. I satrted to worry again. I went through the crowd to find Hoya, yet again. I saw Woohyun at the corner with Taeyeon. I went over.

 

Me : Woohyun! (I said, a little too loud)

Woohyun : Hey, Hyomin.

Me : Have you seen Hoya? I've been looking for him everywhere. 

Taeyeon : He went with Hyoyeon to the tree at the backyard.

Me : Great. Thanks (I turned around to leave)

Taeyeon : Don't go. (I looked at her in confusion. "Why the hell not?") They want to be alone. 

 

Tough . I don't care anymore. I'm going home. Now! I half-ran to the back of the house. Only to see the drinks Hoya took (for me, but not given) on the bench under a tree. I searched around to see if they were there. They weren't. I sent another text to Hoya. 

 

Me : Hoya, please. I want to go home! Call me.

 

I walked back to the main entrance, only to find something worse. "Oh my god! His car, its gone!" I whispered. Now I'm panicking. Its so late. I have to go home or my mom will freak. I looked around to see if there was anybody here that i know. No luck. , I gotta walk home. I called Hoya for the last time just to make sure. As expected, he didn't answer. 

Me : Okay. You're on you own Hyomin. 

 

I walked in the freezing cold for almost half an hour now. My eyes tearing up for no reason. My fingers shivering to the core. My body shaking in fear. I walked in front of some boys. They seemed drunk. I recognise some of them but not all. They started to whisper something at each other and started to call me and whistle. I ignored them but they were getting louder. I walked faster, my steps getting bigger. I heard other footsteps behind me, getting closer. I took a peek only to see the boys following me. I started to slowly run and they caught up. 

 

Boy : Where you goin', honey? I got something to show you! (he stood in my way)

Me : Please, let me pass. (I wanted to walk off but another blocked) Please ~ (my voice sounding desperate)

 

A boy put his fingers on my cheeks, I felt another hand my hair. I pushed the hands away and shouted 

 

Me : Let me go.. NOW!!

Boy : Someone's angry (he whispered to my face, the stench of alcohol made me sick)

 

I slapped his face and he looked at me. Another guy grabbed my waist and tried drag me away. I fought back hard and once I was free, I ran as fast as I could. I don't even know where I was heading, just running to safety. They're footsteps getting louder and louder. I tripped because of my tired feet and fell to the ground. A strong light blurred my view. I was catching my breath when I saw a familiar man coming out of a car that stopped right in front of me. 

 

Joon : (he came close and picked me up) Baby, are you okay? I told you to wait there right?

Me : (I looked at him, confused) I.. uh..

Joon : You seem tired. (He held me close, forcing me to his chest) Are you sure, baby? (he stared at the guys) Hey, what are you guys doing here? Were they disturbing you? (he lifted my head making me look directly at him. I lightly nodded) Scram losers. If I ever see you you're dead! Do you understand? (the boys were silent) 

 

He pushed me aside, gently. He went close to the boys and said something to them. The boys left instantly. He turned to look at me. He flashed a smiled me. I replied with a weak smile.

 

Me : Thank you, oppa. (I gave a 90 degree bow) I should get home. (I started to walk)

Joon : Wait. (he grabbed my hand) Let me send you back. (I gulped, my eyes tearing up) Would you like that? (Still holding my hand)

Me : Yes. (my weak voice getting weaker by every word)

 

He brought me to the car and told me to sit in the seat next to his. He went over to the driver's side.

 

Joon : So. Where to?

Me : Home. (I looked t him, hoping he'd know)

Joon : Which is....?

Me : (I choked) I don't know.

Joon : What? (in a very soft tone) Are you lost?

Me : (I nodded) I can't tell where my house is from here. 

Joon : Do you live near school? (I nodded) Well, we'll head there first and see it from there. Okay?

Me : Okay.

 

I was still shivering. Not sure because of the cold or because I was still a little shocked about what happened. I just watched the roadthe whole drive. They were barely any cars at this time. Suddenly my hands felt warm. I looked down and saw Joon's hand gripping mine.

 

Joon : You don't mind do you? (I blinked) You were shaking so I thought it might help. 

Me : It does. Thank you. (His grip tightened)

 

After a while I recognise the area. 

 

Me : My house! 

Joon : (He let go) Where?

Me : There! (I pointed at alley which lead to my house. He stopped the car)

Joon : In the ally? (he seemed puzzled)

Me : It leads to my house. (he hesitantly nodded) Well, thank you so much. I can walk from here. 

Joon : I'll come with you. 

Me : No. (I bit my lips) I'll be fine. (I got out of the car and walked home)

 

I was almost home when,

 

Me : I can hear you, you know. (I turned around and saw Joon standing a little distant from me) 

Joon : (he let out a small laughter under his breath) What kind of man would I be if I let you walk alone? Especially after what just happened?

Me : (he walked closer as I spoke) That's so sweet. I'm sorry for being such a burden but your duty is done. I'm almost home now.

Joon : (He stopped in front of me) Right, almost. 

Me : Just stand here. You can watch me go home from here. 

 

I turned around and walked off. As soon as I was about to enter my house, I waved at Joon. He waved back and walked back to his car.