Awake

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hyomin

 

Me : Yoona, have you seen my phone? 

Yoona : (she shooked her head) did you try to call it?

Me : Yeah, but I couldn't hear anything. And there was no answer either. 

Yoona : (she whispered) Did you lose it at the party last night?

Me : (I too whispered) I don't think so. (I bit my lips)

 

I ran upstairs and went through my room again. No luck. . I stared at my laptop and decided to read my emails. 

 

*1 new email

 

From : Hoya 

Title : IM SO SORRY

Subject :

Hyomin! I am so so so sorry about last night. Are you okay? Pick up my calls! Don't be mad. I'll buy you ice cream to make it up to you!

 

From : Hyomin

To : Hoya 

Title : Re : IM SO SORRY

YOU HOYA! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU, NEVER WANT TO TALK TO YOU AND NEVER WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU EVER AGAIN! WHY DON'T YOU DO ME A FAVOR AND BUY THAT ICE CREAM AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR YOU PIG! 

 

I wanted to send it but didn't. It was a little immature. But even after a good night sleep I still hate Hoya. I'm still offended, angry and sad. So I will not reply his emails, call or text him. (even if I find my phone). Suddenly I heard the doorbell ring."That must be Hoya," I fixed my hair and applied a little lip tint to my pale lips. I ran down and went to the door.

 

Joon : Hi. 

Me : (I stared at him for while) Oppa.

Joon : Are you feeling better?

Me : (Yoona came to the door and choked on her orange juice when she saw Joon) Yes, thank you.

Joon : Good. (he smiled at Yoona) You must be Hyomin's sister ("Oh my God, he knows my name!") Such blessed genes. (Yoona blushed) Say, do you mind if I borrow your sister for a second?

Me : (I looked at Yoona who was eagerly shaking her head) Oppa, excuse us. 

 

I pushed Yoona to the side. *Whispering

 

Yoona : Who is that? 

Me : My senior. 

Yoona : He is so handsome. 

Me : I know right. (we giggled for a second)

Yoona : What are you doing leaving him there. Go!

 

She pushed me back to the door. I smiled at Joon who was standing perfectly like a statue at my front door.

 

Me : Where are we going?

Joon : (He took my hand) Not far.

 

He pulled me to his car and told me to go inside. He brought me to a cafe nearby. We ordered and sat at a table at the corner. 

 

Joon : Are you cold. 

Me : Well, I couldn't grab my coat just now, so... just a tad. (I joked)

 

To my surprise he actually laughed and handed me his jacket. I thanked him.

 

Me : So, is there anything I can help you with? 

Joon : Yes, if you're willing to elope. 

Me : (I laughed but he kept a straight face) Oppa... (I looked at him, surprised)

Joon : I'm joking. (he laughed) Since I helped you last night. Maybe You'd feel like telling your knight in shining armor his dimsel in distress' story? 

 

I told him the whole story and he listened to every detail attentively. 

 

Joon : So this Hoya. Did he call you yet? 

Me : No. I don't know. The thing is I lost my phone. Have you seen it? 

Joon : (he looked puzzled) No. No.. So, if he calls you and apolagize, would you forgive him? 

Me : I guess so. We're best friends. I should right. I mean to lose something so big over a night so... small. 

Joon : I wouldn't.

Me : Yeah. I probably wouldn't either. But Hoya and I.. We're different. We usually get over something like this. 

 

After a while of talking he sent me back home. We said our goodbyes and went our own ways.