Do you, Mind?

The Friend Zone

Point of view : Hyomin

 

I was still thinking about what just happened in the canteen. "How could Hoya do this to me! Arggh! I don't want to go. I hate her, I hate her, I hate her! Acting all pretty with her blonde hair and short skirt. Just look at her," I thought. I looked up to see her fixing her hair for the 723rd time, pasting lipgloss all over her pouty lips and checking her manicure, again! "She irritates me!" 

 

Boram : Hyomin ~ (she tapped my shoulder)

Me : What?! (I faced Boram, she seemed shocked) Hm, sorry. Yes?

Boram : Class is over. We have gym.

Me : Yes.... (I still sat there looking right at Boram)

Boram : Now.

Me : Oh! Right, let's go.

 

We gathered our books and head out. After changing we head to the gym for PE. Yet again, the fun game of dodgeball. Woohoo =="

 

Boram : I hate dodgeball. (she said as we were taking places)

Me : Huh? But you're always one of the last to get hit.

Boram : That because no one can see me.

Me : Oh... (I smiled, hesitantly)

 

The coach blew her whistle and the "fun" game began. I was the third person who got hit. Well at least not the first. I usually last quite long in the game. Maybe I couldn't focus today. So I sat at the bench, Tying my hair in a bun. Wait, is that guy waving at me? I can't tell who it is from here. I squinted my eyes and saw... Hoya. What now? I got on my feet and ran to the door. 

 

Me : Why aren't you in class?

Hoya : I got sent to the principle office. (he made it sound like it was nothing)

Me : What for?! (I was pretty sure I sounded like a mother)

Hoya : Geez, you sound like my mom. (of course I do) Relax, I'm messing with you. I wasn't my way to the lab when I saw a girl with chicken legs sitting on the bleachers. So I decided to say hi.

Me : Who? (And now I sound like an idiot) Wait.. 

Hoya : It gets you, every time. (he laughed, loudly)

Me : Whatever. ( i pretended to leave, he grabbed my shirt)

Hoya : (still laughing, then he stopped and cleared his throat) I needed to tell you something, uh........(he tried to remember as he ran his fingers through his scruffy hair) Right! I can't go home with you today, I got a team meeting. 

Me : Oh.. that's fine. 

Hoya : I'll email you later.

 

I nodded and he left. I watched as he slowly jog to catch up with his friends. "He's so tall," I whispered. Wait! What was that?! Did I just praise my best friend? OH MY GOD! Okay, relax, relax. At least it wasn't about how cute hiss is. ! What am I thinking! seriously Hyomin! What is wrong with you? Okay, just walk it off like a normal person. Okay walk it off. Good... great! Suddenly someone bumped into me. 

 

Me : Ouch (rubbing my elbow which hit the ground)

Joon : Sorry, junior. (I looked up) A very cute junior. (he grinned)

Me : No, its fine. That was my fault. (I got up and gave him a little bow as a sign of respect)

Joon : Are you alright? (he fixed my hair)

Me : (blushing) Yes. Are you? I'm very sorry. I'll walk carefully. 

Joon : Just make sure you don't fall on that sweet face of yours. Okay?

 

I looked at him and nodded. He flashed me a smile and continued to play. Wow, he is so handsome! He's a senior. Very cool and very funny. A flirt as well, but he doesn't talk to many juniors. I was glad he talked to me. That was actually the second time. The first was when he accidentally spilled juice on my English essay. He apologized but he seemed like he was in a hurry beacuase he ran off afterwards. Had a crush on him evr since. I got back at the bleachers and sat next to Boram. I noticed Joon glancing at me a couple of times. I just coyly smiled at him. "I can't wait to tell Hoya about this," I whispered to myself. I know, stuff like this you only share between girls. But my best friend is a guy. Is not that I don't relate or get along with girls. I have some girl friends is just that Hoya is my best friend. I can't talk to Yoona about this. She's just a kid, (a year younger than me) but still, a kid.