Just A Phase

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hyoyeon

 

I was in front of my locker. Taking some books out and keeping some in.

 

Hoya : My darling. (he gave me a backhug and kissed my cheek)

Me : (I turned to face him) Hi?

 

He leaned in and gave me a kiss. It was weird. Hoya hasn't been like this with me in a while. Its been weeks I think since he's been nice to me. I wonder what happened.

 

Hoya : I miss you. You wanna go out?

Me : (I finish up taking books from my locker) Where to?

Hoya : Anywhere. I just wanna be with you.

Me : Um, yeah. Sure.

 

He took my hand and walked me to class. 

 

Point of View : Joon 

 

I watched the road as the bus drives home. Suddenly,

 

Seungho : Joon. (he sat next to me)

Me : What? (bitterly)

Seungho : Watch your tone. 

Me : Sorry. ( I took a glimpse of him)

Seungho : You played well today. 

Me : Thanks. 

Seungho : Well. (he emphasize on the word) You played.. well.

Me : (I looked at him) And?

Seungho : And you don't play well. You are the star of our team. You play great. Not just great. Spectacular. Amazing! Words cannot describe. (he paused) A lot of scouts were expecting the best from you. 

Me : We won. (I pursed my lips, I shouldn't have said that) I did my best.

Seungho : No, you didn't. (He sighed) Its that girl right?

Me : (I knew he was talking about Hyomin) No.

Seungho : I know you too much, Joon. I can't stop you from dating. But, just make sure this doesn't effect your performance. Yes?

Me : Yes.

 

He got up and left. I did play well just now. I just worry about her. This is my first time leaving her since we dated. What if those kids bother her? Or worse, that Hoya.... I can't even think what that kid can do. I just have to see her. Just to make sure she's fine. I got a text. Speak of the devil.

 

Hyomin : Joon, I found my sweater. ^^

Me : Hahaha. And you insisted that you left it in my car.

Hyomin : I'm sorry. What time will you be back?

Me : You miss me too much. 

Hyomin : Yes, I do. T_T

Me : I'll be back in an hour or so. I'll pick you up for dinner tonight?

Hyomin : Okay. Ba careful!

Me : You too. Love you. 

 

Point of view : Hyomin

 

To : Yoona

Title : All grown up

Subject :

Yoong~~ I'm sorry I haven't write to you in.....FOREVER! School work you know. You look beautiful in the last picture you sent me. I can't believe how different you look now. Your hair is longer and you look thinner. Yoona, please eat. Don't get sick. You're too far away and I can't imagine if you're sick and all alone. So tell me about this Donghae you've been going on about in your last email. He sounds like a nice guy. Be very careful though. You know men. When they see a beautiful and sweet girl like you, they planned on damaging them. So please be careful dear. And, no. I haven't spoken to Hoya yet. I can't believe I wasn't there for his birthday. Gosh, I miss him. But I hate him. So there's that. Anyway Yoong, I love you. I miss talking to someone. You haven't been home in 6 months. Mom misses you a lot. Give her a call once in a while will you? Take care. I love you.