Her Story

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hyomin

 

To : Yoona

Title : Mrs Lee

Subject :  

You know Mrs Lee has cancer right? Its bad. She has no hair now. I just met her on my way to school the other day and she looks so different. Remember how Mrs Lee was barely home and mom knew why but she didn't tell us. I'm glad she didn't. I can't imagine how I'd be with Hoya. He hates her. I mean, he hated her. It didn't work. All the hardwork of travelling and never being home to stay alive was for nothing. She's dying Yoong. she invited me over to her house. Should I go? Mrs Lee has always been so nice. She said she misses me. Hoya probably never talks to her. Poor Mrs Lee. I'm going. I don't care. No. On second thought, I shouldn't. What will Hoya say? Yoona, what do you think?

 

P/S Pick up my calls. We haven't talk in forever. Love you.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So I sat on my bed thinking of Mrs Lee. I wonder how Hoya is taking it. He usually talks to me about stuff like this. But, not anymore. 

 

You have an instant message from Joon

Joon : Hyomin

Hyomin : Oppa?

Joon : Hyomin

Hyomin : Yes ~

Joon : Hyomin

Joon : Hyomin?

Joon : Hyomin ah ~

Joon : YAH!

Hyomin : Keke. ^^

Joon : Aish.. You little...

Hyomin : You started it.

Joon : Sorry baby. Watcha doin?

Hyomin : Just thinking of someone.

Joon : Me?

Hyomin : You want me to be honest?

Joon : Humour me.

Hyomin : I ONLY THINK OF YOU. YOU'RE ALWAYS ON MY MIND.

Joon : That was good. Thanks. The real story?

Hyomin : Mrs Lee.

Hyomin : Joon?

Hyomin : Oppa?

Joon : Sorry. I'm a little busy. I'll call you later. I love you.

Joon has logged off

 

I should go. Hoya usually has practise at this time. I'll bring some fruits and stop by just to see her. It''l be great. She would like that.

 

Point of View : Hoya

 

Me : Mother? What's taking you so long? (I knocked on the bathroom door) Gwaenchnah-ayo?

Mother : (she shouted from inside) I'm fine, Hoya-ah. Don't mind me. 

Me : You've been in there for so long... (I heard her gagging) MOTHER! I'm coming in.

Mother : Hoya, don't.

 

I went inside anyways. She was on the floor leaning against the toilet bowl. I teared up when she tried to hide her pain. She smiled at me and tried to stand up but failed miserably. 

 

Me : Mother.

Mother : I'm fine, Howon. (she gave me forced smile) Its just the effect of the medicine.

Me : Its killing you. Stop taking it.

Mother : I'm already dying. 

 

I exhaled, angrily. I picked her up from the floor and placed her on the chair next to the sink. I wiped her tears and her washed her face. Then I took her to her room and tucked her in.

 

Mother : Mianhae, Howon.

Me : For what?

 

She just smiled and closed her eyes. *Ding Dong

 

Me : Mother, did you invite someone over? 

 

She didn't answer. I went closer to her, she was asleep. I ran down to the door.