The Big Fight

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hyomin

 

Me : Have you seen Hoya? (I joined Boram who was sitting at a table in the cafeteria)

Boram : (she shook her head) He wasn't in class. Neither was Hyoyeon. (she whispered)

Me : Oh. (a tone of disappointment in my voice) 

Boram : Here. (she handed me a bar of chocolate. It was wrapped in a pink ribbon) Its from someone special. (Hoya?) He demanded you to eat as soon as I give to you. (definitely Hoya) 

Me : Okay. (So sweet of Hoya to do this)

 

Boram said she had some stuff to do so she left. I was left alone. With my chocolate bar of course. I took a bit out of it. "So sweet," I thought as I swallowed it. Suddenly a boy fell flat on my table. I was so shocked I think my scream was quite loud. But the thud of the boys body against the hard surface of the table was probably louder. It turned out, he didn't fall because he didn't get back up. Someone was holding him down to the table. I looked up and it was Joon. Joon's hand was holding his neck to make sure the boy was facing me. On the other hand, he was twisting the boy's hand to his back.

 

Joon : Good morning. You look really pretty today Hyomin.

Me : Oppa! (I looked concerned) What are you doing?!

Joon : This is Byunhun and he has something to say. 

 

Joon pressed his face closer to the table causing the boy to grunt in pain. 

 

Byunghun : I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!

Joon : To who?!

Byunghun : Hyomin! I'm so sorry Hyomin! (his voice was cracking) Please let me go.

Joon : What are you sorry for?!

Byunghun : For following you.

Joon : Who?!

Me : That's enough! Let him go, oppa. (Joon ignored me) Now! 

Joon : He needs your forgiveness. Kids like this should be taught a lesson. (he pulled the Byunhun's hand harder)

Me : Please! I forgive him! I do! I do. I forgive you. (I looked at the Byunghun) Really. Just let him go. (I begged Joon) 

 

Joon let go and Byunghun fell to the ground. He got up and bowed to both me and Joon. 

 

Joon : Did you enjoy the chocolate?

Me : (Still a little shaken up about what happened) What? (He lifted both his eyebrows) Oh. Umm...(I took a glimpse at my hand. I gripped my hands because I was scared. In result I completely crushed my chocolate) I did. (he smiled brightly at me) I have to go.

 

I took my things and left eagrly. What the hell was that?! People were staring me down. How frustrating!

 

Point of View : Hoya 

 

Mrs. Jun : I'll giv you a warning this time. If you're late again, I'm gonna have to call your parents and inform them. ("If they pick up," I rolled my eyes)

Me : Sorry Mrs. Jun. It won't happen again. 

Mrs. Jun : Very well. You may leave now. 

 

I walked out of the office and saw Hyoyeon leaning against my locker. I smiled and scratched the back of my head. I went closer to her. She gave me a kiss. 

 

Hyoyeon : I've been looking for you.

Me : Of course you did. (I flirted)

Hyoyeon : (acting cute) Do you miss me?

Me : Yes. I do. (I kissed her left cheeck and brushed her hair)

Hyoyeon : Well, last night this weird thing happened.... (she started talking when I lost focus. I saw Hyomin across the hall coming out of the cafetaria)

 

I, without hesitation, started running towards her. I got close and grabbed her wrist.

 

Me : Hyomin.

Hyomin : (she stared at me for a long while) I can't talk right now.

Me : Hyomin, please.

 

Point of View : Hyomin

 

Me : (I pulled my hand from his grip) I'm a little frustrated. 

Hoya : With what? Tell me. (He stared at me)

Me : Not now.

 

I bit my tongue. I was so angry at him. Plus I was so frustrated about what happened. Another thing would have provoked my anger, I know it would. I held it in. I knew if I said anything right now, I'll make the best speech I'll ever regret.

 

Hoya : What happened? (Innocently) Tell me what I did wrong?

Me : Hoya, I...

Hyoyeon : Hoya! You left me alone over there.

 

That is it! If I don't let this out I will die!

 

Me : OH MY GOD! What's wrong with you?! Are you really that sad?! Really?! You're a parasite! You're everywhere, on everyone! (I looked at Hoya) You asked me what you did wrong?! HER! (I pointed at Hyoyeon) Hoya, for god sake!! I'M RIGHT HERE! Always have been. But her?! Honestly? That shows who you are, what you are! 

Hoya : Don't talk to my girlfriend like that! (he raised his voice) 

Me : (I choked) What? (I spoke silently under my breath)

Hoya : Don't talk to her like that. (He clenched his jaw)

Me : (The tears in my eyes already falling to my cheek) You know what Hoya? I'll make this easier for you. I won't talk to her at all. And.. (my voice cracked) not to you either. 

 

I turned around and walked away, as fast as I can. After my first step, I knew Hoya and I would never be the same ever again.