Out and About

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hoya 

 

As I was walking to my car I noticed a familiar car pulling over the driveway. I looked closer and "Joon," I whispered to myself. He walked out of the car and headed to Hyomin's house. I ignored him and drove off. He smiled at me when I drove past Hyomin's house. I reluctantly smiled back. How annoying that guy is. He's like a stalker. He sends her home everyday. They go out all the time. And they act all happy when I know they're not. I know she's not. After a while of driving and talking to myself, I reached Hyoyeon's house to pick her up.

 

Hyoyeon : Hoya ~ (she gave me a kiss)

Me : Hmm. Let's go for dinner, huh? I'm hungry.

Hyoyeon : Sure. I wan't sushi.

Me : I don't. (I pause to think of something)  I want.... pizza.

Hyoyeon : I'm on a diet.

Me : And how, my love, is sushi healthy?

Hyoyeon : Its raw! Duh

Me : Then watch me eat.  (I joked)

Hyoyeon : Hoya.. (she widened her eyes and pouted her lips)

Me : Fine. Maybe a kiss will change my mind. (I rolled my eyes)

 

She leaned in planted a deep kiss onto my lips. She then smiled and backed away. 

 

Me : Sushi it is then.

 

She giggled and we drove off. We took a table at the corner and ordered some food. She didn't talk as much as usual, just busy with her phone. I got annoyed and,

 

Me : What are you doing?! (I grabbed the phone from her hands)

Hyoyeon : Hoya! 

Me : Who is Chunky Ninja? (I looked at her, she bit her lips)

Hyoyeon : No one. (I raised one eyebrow) A friend.... (she mumbled under her breath)

Me : A girl?

Hyoyeon : A boy..

Me : A boy?!

Hyoyeon : A boy. (she took back her phone)

Me : Yah, Kim Hyoyeon! You cheating on me?

Hyoyeon : No, Hoya. (she sighed) I told you, he is my friend.

 

I crossed my arms, look the other way and leaned back. A waiter came and gave us our drinks and left.

 

Hyoyeon : Are sulking right now? Really? That's mature of you.

 

I ignored and let out a "hmph" under my breath. Another waiter came again and served our food. He too left as soon as he was done.

 

Hyoyeon : Fine!! (she took a deep breath) He's my online "buddy".

Me : (I stopped sulking) Your what?!

Hyoyeon : Its called The Friend Zone.

Me : (I wasn't impressed) And?

Hyoyeon : Its a really private site. Not many people now about it. You register and the site automatically gets you a match.

Me : What if your match is an old man.

Hyoyeon : The thing is, someone in the school created it. No one knows who and only the students in our school know about this site.

Me : So this, Chunky Samurai..

Hyoyeon : Ninja (she corrected)

Me : Whatever... he's your match?

Hyoyeon : Yes. 

Me : Do you know who he is?

Hyoyeon : (she shook her head) no one knows who you are.

Me : So what's your name on the site?

Hyoyeon : Hoya, I can't tell you that. 

 

Point of View : Hyomin

 

I ran down and opened the door. He flashed me a mischievous smile.

 

Me : Joon! (I jumped in his arms)

Joon : Hey. (he held me)

Me : I missed you. (I backed up to take a good look at his face) 

Joon : Me too. (he came close and gave me a kiss) Are you okay? (he rubbed his nose against mine)

Me : I am now. (I caressed his cheeks) Come on let's go out. I wanna hear everything about the game.

 

I informed my mom that I was going out and we left. In the car,

 

Joon : Do you wanna catch a movie or..

Me : You must be hungry. 

Joon : (he took a peek at me and reached out his hand for mine) Yes.

Me : I'll eat whatever you want. Your choice. (I squeezed his hand)

Joon : I feel like having, um....

Me : Pizza?

Joon : Meat. 

Me : Huh? 

Joon : Yeah. I want steak.

 

I took my bag and quietly checked my purse. "Crap, I don't have much." I thought. 

 

Joon : On second thought. We should have ramen.

Me : What?

Joon : (he took my hand and gave it a quick kiss) Ramen is fine right?

 

I simply nodded and he kept driving. We stopped at a small ramen store by the street. We took a seat by the window. After ordering he immediately told me about the game. He went on and on about it, I didn't mind. I love how my boyfriend gets excited when about everything. It shows how much of a positive person he is. I admit he might not be serious all the time. He's not the brightest kid in class. But he's such a gentleman, funny and he helps me with everything. He listens to everything I say. And he knows me very well. Quite well. 

 

Joon : Hyomin? (he waved his hands at me)

Me : Hm? (I shook my head, getting back to reality) I'm sorry. You were saying?

Joon : (he laughed) Nothing. You were just staring at me. (he fixed my hair) Something on your mind?

Me : Nothing, oppa.

 

After our food arrived, he was so busy eating. He barely spoke. 

 

Me : Oppa.. 

Joon : (He stopped eating and looked up at me) Hm?

Me : (I let out a small laugh under my breath when I noticed the stains of food on his mouth) Look at you... (I took out my napkin and wiped the stains)

Joon : (he blushed) Thanks. Did you want to say something?

Me : (I forgot the reason I called him the first time) Um.. (I laughed at myself) I forgot.

Joon : (He too laughed and scruffed my hair) Aish, you little... Just eat.

 

I smiled and continued eating.