Let's get this on.

The Friend Zone

Point of view : Hyomin

 

Here I am. After exactly 23 days after turning 16, I'm at a party. Everyone, as usual would act like they know Hoya. He looked especially handsome tonight. The black long sleeve t-shirt did him justice. I specially liked the fact that he didn't wear skinny jeans. He usually does but I love him normal cut jeans. It fits him better. 

 

Hoya : Why are you staring at me like that? (he punched my arm, laughing)

Me : I wasn't. (I rubbed the spot he hit)

Hoya : Yeah right. You think I look good. (He waved to someone from acroos the room)

Me : (I thought something to say) No.. I just..

Hoya : (He intefered) You don't have to say it. I know I do.

Me : Grow up. (I smiled)

Hoya : I'm gonna get us drinks.

Me : (I grabbed his hands and refused to let go) Hoya..

Hoya : Non- alcohol of course. (I guess he thought I was worried about the drinks)

Me : Don't leave me.

Hoya : I doubt you'd wanna follow me. The team is at the bar. 

Me : But..

Hoya : They won't eat you. Stay here. I'll come back. (He touched my hand so I'd let go, I didn't want to)

Me : Hurry. (I finally let go and he walked off)

 

"Wow," I thought. Her house is huge. Her parents gotta be loaded. They were people dancing by the pool, which was weird cause it was freezing outside. Some were in the jacuzzi. A couple of people making out in the living room. And some other kids scattered around the place just talking and chilling. I'm sure some kids were drinking. I could smell it. And that wasn't the only thing I could smell. I smelt cigar smoke and maybe pot. Hoya is taking longer than I expected. As I crossed my hands and stood at the corner, I saw Hyoyeon getting closer. 

 

Hyoyeon : Hi Kyoming.

Me : Its Hyomin. 

Hyoyeon : Oops sorry. Hyoming. (I rolled my eyes) Where's Hoya?

Me : He went to grab drinks. He'll be back in a minute.

Hyoyeon : Oh. (she smiled at me) So what? You guys are like best friends or something?

Me : (I looked at her strangely) Uh, yeah. 

Hyoyeon : Does he know you like him?

Me : No. (She lifted her eyebrows) I don't like him.

Hyoyeon : Come on, Hyoming. He's an attractive boy. ("He wasn't always," I  thought) There's bound to be some between both of you. Or maybe just you towards him. (I sensed sarcasm)

Me : No. We're not like that. 

Hyoyeon : Of course not (she scoffed)

Me : Well, I don't expect someone like you to understand.

Hyoyeon : Someone like me?

Me : You know... s.

Hyoyeon : (she crossed her hands) Why you little....

Hoya : Hey. (He brought two drinks in his hands) 

Hyoyeon : There you are, handsome. (Hoya blushed in joy)

Me : What took you so long? (Maybe I sounded a little pushy)

 

Hoya looked at me with a frown and looked like he wanted to say something. I swear I didn't mean to sound pugnacious. I was angry, not at him, but her. 

 

Hyoyeon : (she took a drink from Hoya's hand and curled her hands around his arm) Come on, Hoya. She's nothing but a party pooper. (She dragged Hoya away from me and went off)

 

Now I'm left all along in a place where I don't know anybody. Where I'm an outcast. That's all I am without Hoya. An outcast. I can't help but feel bad for what I said to him and (as much as I hate saying this) her. What have I done.