How We Are

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hyomin

 

I waited for Joon to come out of the priciple's office. School hour was finished and there was no one in school. I paced back and forth along the hall. After a long while Joon came out with his bagpack slinged across his shoulder.

 

Me : Oppa! (I ran to him)

Joon : Hyomin ~ (he smiled at me) Were you waiting for me? (his face bright with anticipation)

Me : (I ignored him) Why did you do that to him?

Joon : Who?

Me : The boy. Byugun? Byunghun? 

Joon : Oh. (He laughed then bit his lips) Don't you recognize him?

Me : Uh.. (I shook my head)

Joon : The night I sent you back? He was one of the followers who was trying to hurt you.

 

I took a silent deep breath then I remembered. The boy who smelt like alcohol. 

 

Joon : Hm? (He was trying to convince me) I asked the others and they said that he was the one who came up with the idea of following you.

Me : Oh. (I tilted my head and ran my fingers through my hair) Him.

Joon : I'm just trying to help you. I'll find the others tomorrow.

Me : No! (I gulped) You don't have to. I'm sure they're afraid already.

Joon : But they didn't apolagize.

Me : Its fine. (I smiled) Let bygones be bygones. (I shrugged)

 

I bowed and walked away. He chased me and stood in front of me.

 

Joon : Here. (he handed me a cell phone)

Me : This isn't mi...

Joon : (he interrupted) I know. But look, (he brought out another one from his pocket) I have one too. 

Me : (I grabbed the cell phone he handed me, slowly) But, why?

Joon : That phone has only my number. (I stared at him) I want to be the only person you call. For anything. The only one.

 

He kissed my forehead, turned around and walked away. More like jog. I just stood there, a little confused and dazed. 

 

Point of View : Hoya 

 

I sat on my bed. My mind still thinking about the fight. I regret what I said to Hyomin. How the hell did this happen? How can something so small suddenly seem so, big? Suddenly somethinf caught my eye. My birthday present. I was so busy with Hyoyeon, I completely forgot the gift Hyomin gave. I got up and went over to my desk to grab it. I unwrapped the bow and opened it. There was something in it. A locket. Something was carved on it. "Summer 2006" I read. I let out a small laughter. I opened the locket and there was a picture of me and Hyomin. She was still wearing her braces at the time and I.. was fat. Really fat. I can't believe she kept the picture. We both looked really bad. But I loved it. I really did.