Awkward Meeting

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hyomin

 

The door opened and a tall figure stood in front of me. Hoya. He smiled at me. 

 

Me : I'm sorry. (I bowed and turned around to leave)

Hoya : Wait! (He grabbed my wrist then let go) I'm sorry. Please come in.

Me : (I turned around) No, its fine. I'll leave.

Hoya : Who's that for? (he pointed at the pie in my hands)

Me : (I wanted to say something but it wouldn't come out)

Hoya : She's upstairs. She would love to see you.

 

I nodded and he signaled me to go inside. And so I did. He led me to her room. He left as soon as he woke her up.

 

Mrs Lee : Hyomin... (she teared up)

Me : (I dropped my bag and pie on the table beside me) Mrs Lee.

Mrs Lee : I didn't want you to see me like this. (she looked down)

Me : (I ran closer and kneeled beside her bed) You're still so pretty. 

Mrs Lee : (she cried and brushed her cold fingers against my cheek) Really?

Me : (I eagerly nodded) I made you a pie.

Mrs Lee : You did? (she wiped her tears and sat up)

Me : Neh. Peach pie. I figured you'd be sick with fruits all the time. So I made you a pie. Took me a while. (she smiled at me) Would you like one?

 

Point of View : Hoya

 

Mother : I would love one. 

 

Amazing. Mother didn't want to eat anything for the past 3 weeks and all of a sudden she wants to. Just amazing.

 

Hyomin : I'll grab you a plate.

 

I was leaning against the door to hear their conversation. I immediately ran down and pretended to watch tv in the living room. A few seconds later, Hyomin came down. My eyes followed her steps to the kitchen. After grabbing a plate she went back up, without another word. 

 

I stared at the clock on the wall again. I can't hear their conversation from downstairs. I paced the living room, trying to relax myself. "I wonder what they're talking about. Its been more than an hour," I thought. Suddenly Hyomin came down. She gave me a small bow and left. "Should I go after her? No. Why would I?" Without me realizing there I am chasing after her to the yard.

 

Me : Hyomin wait. (she stopped but she didn't face me) You should come by more often. Mother would like that. ("I would too..") 

Hyomin : (she faced me) Thank you for the offer. 

 

She bowed to me once again and left. Without another word, nor a smile.