Tongue-tied

The Friend Zone

Point of View : Hoya

 

Hyoyeon held my hand as she dragged me from the crowd. I turned around to look at Hyomin who was staring at me. She looked frustrated. Maybe a little sad. But her expression fade as I went further away. We went to a tree behind Hyoyeon's mansion.

 

Hyoyeon : Hoya-ah~ (she pulled me to sit next to her) You look very handsome tonight.

Me : (I scratched the back of my neck) Thanks. (She stared at me for a long while, with anticipation in her eyes) Oh.. you look nice too, Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon : Nice? (she mumbled under her breath)

Me : Pretty? (I said hoping she would approve)

Hyoyeon : That will do. (she smiled) Hoya ~ (I gently smiled back at her) I like you very much. 

Me : (I should say something. How is it at this moment I have nothing to say? , its probably time to say something) Oh...

Hyoyeon : Don't you like me? (she exclaimed as she turned her back at me)

Me : ("!") Of course I do. I do very much. (Okay, so far so good) 

 

She faced me and gave me a light smile. She came closer and leaned in for a kiss. I clenched my jaw as her lips crashed onto mine. A sudden rush went through me. Weird.  She backed off and giggled. I smiled as I saw her blushing. 

 

Hyoyeon : Are you okay?

Me : (I nodded) Are you?

Hyoyeon : (She laughed) You know Hoya. Ever since the game in January I kept thinking about you. 

 

She continued to talk for a few minutes. I got a text.

 

Hyomin : Hoya. Where are you?!

 

As I was about to reply,

 

Hyoyeon : So? (she stared me down)

Me : Umm... (Crap, don't panic Hoya. Just don't panic) What was the question?

Hyoyeon : Do you wanna be official?

 

I gladly smiled. Another text,

 

Hyomin : HOYA!! Reply, NOW!! 

 

I tuned off my phone. And focused on Hyoyeon. She looked at me, expecting an answer. A good one.

 

Me : Are you crazy? (her expression darkened) Duh! Of course. (I kissed her and held her in my arms. She buried her face in my chest)

 

After a while, we decided to take a drive. We stopped by a park and made out for an hour or two. Words cannot describe the feelings that I felt.