006

{WOO} had {SUNG} : thank {GYU} for {HO}lding on {SOO} tight ?

ONE MONTH LATER...


"I am sorry, you don't fit into the category of idols we are looking for." the judge from YG Ent coldly sent me off. 
"You voice is perfect. Very nice power vocal. But, we are looking for someone like Big Bang and 2NE1. Someone who is very out going and very loud." the other judge started of with praises but ended on a bad note.
I bowed, leaving the room, holding in my tears.

At JYP Ent., "We would not mind taking you as a trainee." the first judge gave me a little hope. 
"But. We are already producing another girl group soon. If you are becoming a trainee, you might be like JoKwon, training for 8 years. Can you wait that long?" the second judge asked.
8 years? I actually don't really mind. I am only 14 now. 8 years, I will only be 22.
"I am sorry, I doubt we can take you in. You seem hesitant about the wait." the first judge cut me off. So, I can't even consider and make calculations?

"If you don't talk, you can't get on screen. Not getting on screen means, no money. We are sorry we can't take you in." SM Ent's judge cruelly ticked me off.
"Next" I was smacked by the comment of the second judge. I thought failing the past few auditions was bad enough. Not receiving any comment was worse.
SM Ent., are you all about money? I questioned myself, walking out of the building. 

"Angel!! How is it?" Jay oppa gave me a surprised.
"Shh, can't you read her face?" SunMin unnie came up and gave me a warm hug, knowing it will be bad news.
"Look at me." Jay oppa used his fingers to tilt my chin up. I looked at him through my blurry eyes.
"Who are you?" he asked.
"An..Angeline?" 
"Exactly. You are Angeline." his bright smile attacked me.
"You are the one and only Angeline. The Angeline that will be a super star!" SunMin unnie continued on.
"Let's go for ice cream to cheer you up." Jay oppa suggested.
I shook my head. "Let's go for practice." I said, still a little upset over the fact that I have failed three auditions. 
"Andwae! Let's go. You have to chill too." with that, I was dragged towards Baker Robbins by the two older ones.
"I can't believe SM Ent told you that. They are so cruel." SunMin unnie sneered when I told her what the judges told me.
"I know right. Dang SM. Money!" Jay oppa 'defamed' them. I chuckled a little at the nickname he gave.
"See what you done. She is smiling again." SunMin unnie pointed out. I...I had unknowingly smiled again. 
"Yah! Why did you stop smiling?" Jay oppa pouted at my straight face.
"What other companies are you left with?" 
"TS Ent. and Woollim Ent." I replied, playing with my ice cream.
"I hope you get into Woollim." SunMin unnie squeal, earning a glare from Jay oppa. Then they started their little argument, which they always do.
"Aigoo, Jay oppa, SunMin unnie. If I am not so tall, people would have mistaken me for your daughter." I laughed at them.

TS Ent. also rejected me. I understand because they were in the making of a boy group which will debut in January next year. So, my last hope was Woollim Ent. Because the audition for Woollim Ent. wasn't an official audition, sajangnim came down to take a look. 
'So, which song are you picking?" SunMin unnie asked, squeezing my shoulders.
"I don't know. Let's just leave it to my brain to decide." I heaved. 
"That sounds like a plan." Jay oppa sarcastically teased.
"Fighting!!" they cheered, and waited outside for me.
Closing my eyes, making one final prayer, I slowly walked down the steps, towards the dance studio. Turning the door knob, I entered. A camera was setup in the middle, with two tables on its left. 
"You must be Angeline?" I saw a reflection of a rather young looking man walking in with some papers in his hands.
"Neh." I replied softly. 
"Please introduce yourself." he gestured. I was caught on for a moment. 
"I..I am Angeline Lee MinHee. I am half Korean and half Singaporean. I am born on 5th July, 1997." I briefly introduced.
"What are your weaknesses?" he asked, flipping through my portfolio.
"I don't really talk. Because of something bad that happened when I was nine, I actually locked myself from the outside world. This is by far the longest conversation I have had with anyone." I honestly replied.
"May I ask what the bad thing was?" he looked up. I bit my lips, not wanting to remember about it.
"My father died right in front of me, to save me." I took a deep breath, telling myself not to break down.
"I..I am sorry." he apologised. "I see that you have down much photoshoots and modelling. Name some stuff that you are confident about yourself." 
"My height." I boasted. How many 14 year olds actually have a height of 170cm? (Well, Zelo does hehe) "I pick up dance moves very quickly." yes I do. Then I paused for a while, wondering if it was too much to go further on.
"Anymore?" he pried.
"Actually, I am quite confident of my vocal." I was cautious with my reply.
"Very well then, based on your confidence level, your height and your portfolio, I will pick you. But, first, show me how much you've got." he gave me some hope. "What song have you prepared?"
"Actually, I have two songs in my head now. So, I am going to go by luck and ask if you want song 1 or song 2." I questioned him.
"Song 2." 
"This song is Beyonce's Listen." I introduced the song. I started singing, from deep down my heart, wanting someone to listen to me. I was reaching the chorus part when the door suddenly opened.
"Yah! Keep quiet I am having an audition here." sajangnim turned around and scolded the seven boys that came in noisily. They stood there, watching me in awe at how I could continue singing in the disturbance they created. Simply because I have been living in so much noise in my life that I really wanted someone to listen to me. Maybe it was because I never really opened up to anyone. 
*clap clap clap* broke the very loud silence I created after my singing.
"So, what do you boys think?" sajangnim turned around and asked them. 
"She sings better than what SungJong did for his audition." a fierce-eyed boy replied. 
"Yah! DongWoo hyung, how could you?" a very cute looking one whined. So I suppose the fierce-eyed is DongWoo and the cute on is SungJong.
"Her vocals are very powerful. There seems to be some hidden meaning as she sang those words out." a small eye boy started listing out.
"Yes. Is like she badly wants someone to listen to her." another complimented his comments.
"Ahh, thank you WooHyun, I have been searching for that comment." the small eye reply. So that is WooHyun. "Do you have a lot of things in your mind? Like a lot of unhappy stuff in your mind?" he asked. I freaked out a little. How could he read my mind?
"SungGyu hyung, you are scaring her." the SungJong boy scolded him. SungJong looks like a very friendly person. He seems to be standing up for people.
"I agree with all their pointers, but in order to let you excel further, I will have to be the bad person to criticise." sajangnim joked a little. "Yes your singing makes people feel like you have a lot to say. But because of that, it feels very hurtful to listen to your singing. It is like there are too much burden in it. If you could tone down a little, it will be better. Also, you breathings are a little out. I think you will need more training on it." he pointed out the parts where I have to improve on. I made a mental note.
"Because of their disturbance, maybe lady luck is shining on you, can you sing your first song?" sajangnim asked. I nodded. 
I started thinking of omma. It has been a month and a week since I last saw her. Even though I have been calling her nearly every night. I took a deep breath again and introduced the song. It was SNSD's Dear Mom. As I sang, tears would not co-operate and started to flow down my cheeks. When I finally finished, I quickly wiped the tears off.
"Omma, bugoshipni?" SungGyu asked. From far, I noticed DongWoo and a rather cold looking one biting their lips trying to hold in their tears too. 
"Sajangnim, just take her in. Whatever that is needed to change for her, we will do it later. This girl just have so much potential." WooHyun put in good words for me. 
"What can I say? Even the boys themselves want you in." sajangnim shrugged. "Welcome to the family, Angeline." he smiled.
"Gamsahapnida." I bowed.