013

{WOO} had {SUNG} : thank {GYU} for {HO}lding on {SOO} tight ?

"So, there was this boy, he left his family when he was 16 years old and came to Seoul alone to take part in auditions to be a singer." SungGyu started his story. "He misses his family a lot, just like you. When he first joined the company, he would often hide in one corner to cry. Training was tough and he was always scolded. But lucky for him, there were six other hyungs that cared a lot. Because of the care and love that he received from the other hyungs, he started to grow stronger. Now instead of being the sad and gloomy boy he used to be, he becomes a very bubbly, loud maknae that sometimes even try to order his hyungs around." SungGyu ended with a joke. 
"Who is he?" Angeline asked him.
"Lee SungJong." 
"Aii, how can it be SungJong sunbae." Angeline thought he was lying.
"He really is SungJong. SungJong came from GrwangJu, and in order to focus on training, he even missed out on schools, and for 1 year, lived with Sajangnim." SungGyu explained to her. 
"He changed a lot. If you didn't tell me, I would not have even thought SungJong sunbae was like that. He is so lucky to have met the 6 of you." Angeline smiled.
"That is what I am trying to tell you." SungGyu cupped his two hands together. Angeline blinked at him confused.
"What I am trying to say is, now you have the seven of us sunbaes to take care of you. And that we will become a family to you. Arraji?" SungGyu patted her head.
"Arasso." she nodded. 
"Aigoo, look at the time now, you have to go and sleep." SungGyu stood up, wanting to lead her to her bedroom, but she stayed put on the sofa.
"Waeyo?" he asked, worried.
"I..I can't sleep. I am afraid." Angeline said, holding back her tears.
"Because of the nightmare?" she nodded, pulling her knees up.
"Can you tell me what happened?" SungGyu put his hand over her shoulder, rubbing against her arm softly to comfort her.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you tell me what happened?" SungGyu sunbae asked me.
I hesitated. Should I tell him? It has been five years and I did not even told omma what exactly happened. 
"You don't want to tell me?" his voice softened.
"I as your sunbae order you to tell me." he waved his index finger at me. He suddenly stood up and walked towards the kitchen.
"What are you looking for?" I asked. But he kept mum too.
"Aha, here." he jumped like as if he won lottery.
"A plastic bag?" 
"Uh huh." he nodded. "Wait, I need two." quickly, he pulled out another.
"This is a plastic bag." he pointed at it. I breathed out deeply, obviously I know that.
SungGyu sunbae started blowing air into the plastic bag. When it finally got quite full, he tied a knot at the opening. With his right hand holding onto the tied corner, and his left closing in at a very fast speed, "BOOM!" the plastic bag burst. 
"Ah!" I jumped back in shock. "Are you crazy?" I started to punch him. 
"Angeline ah, I am not the crazy one. You are." he held on tightly to my wrist. 
"How am I the crazy one?" I demanded and explanation from him.
"Imagine the plastic bag is you." he held up the broken bag in front of me. "The air that I blew in, is your past. And then, you are tying yourself up, with your past." he pointed to the the knot. I gulped, knowing that the next step is bursting of the bag. 
"Then, when something comes and trigger you when your mind becomes very full, you will break down badly, just like the bag." he started walking around like a professor. 
"HAJIMAN." he turned around and faced me all of a sudden. Taking the other plastic bag from behind me, he blew air into it too. This time instead of tying a knot, he held lightly at the opening. "If you don't tie yourself up, things can go in and come out." he lightly pressed against the other end as air escaped. And then blowing air in again, repeating this motion a few times.
"Arasso, I will tell you." I understood what he was trying to say. And seeing how hard he was trying to make me open up, I decided to tell him what happened.
I told him about me being kidnapped one day before my birthday. He sat there beside me, listening attentively. Just before I got to the main part, I froze, not wanting to recall what happened.
"Angeline, what is wrong?" he worriedly shifted closer to me. "Ok ok, I won't force you any more." 
"I...I will say. I don't want to keep it in me anymore." I said sobbing.
"Arraso." he nodded. 
"The kidnappers found out that appa called the police. So they decided to silence me and run off." SungGyu sunbae gasped was so loud, it filled the whole apartment.
"Appa rushed in just right before the kidnappers could kill me. He slide in between me and the knife." I cupped my face in my hands, screaming silently. 
"Hush hush. It is ok. It is over." SungGyu sunbae pulled me into his chest. 
"Appa....Appa's eyes became blood-shot coloured. He grabbed my wrist tightly saying 'Gel-baby, I love you. Tell omma I love her too.' and then his lifeless body fell on me. His head drooping over my shoulder. The knife stabbed right into the left side of his back, puncturing his heart." I sobbed, staining SungGyu's sunbae shirt with my tears.
"Shh, Angeline. stop crying ok. It is all over." he combed my hair. Cooing at me, calming me down.

~~~~~~~~~~

Angeline cried herself to sleep. Her long legs bridging over SungGyu's lap, her head buried into his chest. SungGyu's arms, wrapped around her neck protecting her, his left cheek resting against her hair. 
*BZZZ* *BZZZ*  SungGyu's was awaken by the vibration of his phone. Afraid to wake her up, he slowly adjusted his position to pull out his phone.
"HYUNG! WHERE ARE YOU?!" DongWoo shouted through the phone.
"I am outside, why?" SungGyu asked, yawning. The two of them probably had only slept for an hour. 
"Mwoh? Why are you outside when it is only 6:30am?" DongWoo demanded.
"Well just..." 
"Anyways, get your to the recording studio by 7am. Managers hyung are angry that you aren't in the dorm." DongWoo cut him off without letting him explain.
"Aish, arasso. See you later." SungGyu hang up.
"Angeline, wake up. We have to go over to the studio soon." SungGyu shook her lightly.
"Eumm." she stretched herself. Shook to see SungGyu right next to her, she pushed herself off the sofa, nearly falling onto the ground. SungGyu managed to catch her in time. 
"Hurry go wash up. You have only about 15 minutes to do so if you want to reach the studio by 7am." SungGyu looked at his watch.
"Ahh..arasso. Sorry for yesterday." she bowed and quickly ran to take a shower. 
"Ahhh...lucky we are not late." SungGyu panted as he saw HoYa and DongWoo walking into Woollim's building just a few metres in front of them.
"Hehe.." Angeline chuckled.
"What are you laughing at?" SungGyu pouted.
"You are really a grandpa. Look at you pant." she laughed.
" YAH YAH!" SungGyu started jumping on the spot. "I sacrificed my sleep for you." SungGyu argued.
"Ah.. mianhae." instantly, Angeline's smile disappeared.
"Ehh..I didn't mean it that way.. Aish..ottoke..." SungGyu scratched his head.
"We better hurry in." Angeline pulled him along. 
"LEE HOWON! Who is this girl?" a staff stomped up to HoYa, throwing a tabloid magazine in his hand. 
"Yah, HoYa ah, who is she?" DongWoo was shocked to see the pictures too.
"I ask you to practice, not to go and date." the staff scolded. 
"What is going on?" SungGyu saw everything and walked up.
Then the staff pulled the magazine out of HoYa's hand. Examining the height of the girl, and comparing it to Angeline's height. Trying to match the look of the eyes of the girl's and Angeline's. 
"Is this you?" The staff hissed.
"Aniya. She was busy practicing." HoYa defended.
"Aha. This. What is this?!" The staff realised the hoodie that girl was wearing, was exactly the same as the hoodie in Angeline's hands, which was HoYa's hoodie. 
"This...this is HoYa's sunbae jacket. He forgot to take it back," Angeline explained.
"So this girl, is you?" the staff poked hard into the picture.
"It is not her." HoYa and SungGyu defended. 
"Wait till sajangnim comes later. You three can give him a very good explanation." the staff pointed them out.
"What does it have to do with me?" SungGyu raised his volume.
"I heard you weren't in the dorm yesterday night. And now, you came in together with her. Were you with her last night?" the staff interrogated. SungGyu was taken aback, not sure what to say. He was indeed with her yesterday night, or more like, the wee hours of this morning.