010

{WOO} had {SUNG} : thank {GYU} for {HO}lding on {SOO} tight ?

"Annyeong hasaeyo." SungGyu sunbae greeted SunMin unnie and the vocal instructor as he entered the recording studio. (Did I mentioned that next to my dance studio was the recording studio too?) 
"Annyeong hasaeyo SungGyu sunbae." I greeted back with a bow.
"How is she progressing today?" sunbae asked the vocal instructor.
"She is doing quite well for a start. I suppose SunMin has taught her well."  he praised.
"That is good to hear." SungGyu sunbae gave me a very encouraging smile. I was about to smile back when the vocal instructor said something.
"But, there is still far for Angeline to go." he spoke, like as if they were having some parents-teachers meeting. 
"What do you mean?" SungGyu sunbae took a chair and sat down.
"She has this tough shell over her, which is trapping her true potentials. Her singing sounds very trapped and very hurtful. Like she has a lot inside her." he said and gave me a worried look. "I am sure you can do better than this right?" he asked me. I was shocked when he said that. SunMin unnie grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze. I looked at her and she gave me a smile, telling me that everything will be alright.
"Hyung, I will talk to her after this." SungGyu sunbae said. I froze for a moment. It was like, after attending parents-teachers meeting, and the child received negative feedback from the teacher and now, the parents are going to have a one-to-one talk with the child. 
"Anyways, Angeline, break time is over." the instructor snapped me out of my thoughts. Then I walked into the recording booth.
"Again."
"One more time." 
"No Angeline. More emotions. This song is suppose to sound very cheerful." the vocal instructor kept cutting me. I was getting frustrated at myself. I really wanted to express myself properly. But why is it, no matter how much I try, it just sounds like the whole world has turned its back on me. 
After recording a few more times, the vocal instructor decided to call it a day, saying that SungGyu sunbae wants to speak to me. I came out, looking at the clock. nearly 2 hours have flew by.
"SunMin unnie, where are you going?" I asked, seeing her packing up.
"I will be waiting outside ok?" she patted my head. I quickly held onto her, not wanting to let her go. "Angel ah, SungGyu is a good guy. Don't worry. He is here to help you." SunMin unnie placed her hands on my shoulders and gave it a light squeeze. 
"Come here." SungGyu sunbae patted on the space on his left. Seeing SunMin unnie leave, and that only two of us are in the studio, I sat down on his left with some space in between.
"Angel~" he called sweetly. I bit my lower lips, eyes darting every where, just not looking at him. 
"Look at me, I won't bite." he turned his body, now facing me. 
"Yah yah...why are you crying?" he panicked. "Did, did I do anything wrong?" I shook my head. I had no idea why I was crying too. It was just that tears seems to form on my lower eyelids.
"Angel ah, don't cry already ok?" he cooed, combing his hand down my hair. "I am not here to scold you. I just want to talk to you." he clamped his lips together with a small smile.
"Ahh...hush hush.." He quickly pulled me into his embrace, patting my back as I cried harder. His actions remind me of omma. Whenever I would just break down and cry, omma would comb her hand down my hair and embrace me warmly. 
"Can you please tell me what is wrong? Don't stay silent." SungGyu sunbae coaxed. I stayed in his warm embrace for a while before speaking.
"Om..omma bugoshipeo.." I finally said something.
"Aigoo...I thought it was because I did something wrong." he pulled apart, glad that it wasn't his fault.
"Yah, what did sajangnim said when he took you in?" SungGyu sunbae suddenly looked very fierce. "Ah, mian, did I frighten you?" he realised that I flinched slightly. I shook my head.
"Sajangnim said 'Welcome to the family' right?" he questioned. I thought for it a while, recalling what sajangnim said 2 weeks ago. I nodded.
"So, you should not cry. We are your family now. We will take care of you." he cupped my face in his hands, staring right into my eyes, getting the message straight to me.
'YAH! See you are smiling again!" SungGyu sunbae cheerfully pointed at me. As usual, I would quickly hide my smile behind my hands.
"Yah! Don't cover your smile." he pouted and pulled my hands away from my mouth. "Now smile again." he demanded. I shook my head.
"Smile~~ Please~~~ Puurrlleease~~" he aegyoed. "ASA! Now you are even giggling." he cheered.
"You should smile more." he said in a serious tone. I tilted and look at him a little confused.
"Your name is Angeline, short form is Angel. So, you should not hide your angelic smile behind this facade." he ruffled my hair. 
"Anyways, I have something to ask you." he turned back and faced me.
"The boys have feed backed to me that you are not really expressing yourself. Just like what happened today. Is that true?"  he asked. "Angeline, reply me please."
"Ne..neh." my voice quivered.
"And why is that so?"
"I...I don't know." I shrugged. 
"Is there something you want to share with me?" he looked worried. I shook my head.
"If you don't say, and keep everything inside your mind, you will just end up feeling very depressed you know?" he asked. "We are a family right?"
"I really don't know." I swallowed my saliva, trying not to cry again. "I....I just feel...comfortable around you." I said. 
"Aigoo...alright. I understand." he patted my head once again. 
"Handeu-phone." he stretched out his hand. 
"Eung?" I looked at him confused, taking out my handphone from my bag.
"Here. Now that you have my number, make sure you call me if you want to talk to someone alright?" he took my phone and started punching in numbers. I took back my phone and saw the name he saved under. 
"GrandpaGyu?" I read out.
"Yah yah...you are suppose to call me SungGyu sunbae." he whined.
"But..." I pointed at the screen. 
"That...the boys call me GrandpaGyu. So I think, you might feel even closer to me if I save my name as GrandpaGyu instead of SungGyu sunbae." he explained. 
"Hehe..GrandpaGyu." I giggled at the nickname.
"YAh! It is SungGyu sunbae!" he demanded.

~~~~~~~~~~

When Angeline started to cry, SungGyu's heart did a little flip. What was this feeling that he is having now? 
"Hehe...GrandpaGyu." she laughed at his nickname.
'Yah! It is SungGyu sunbae." SungGyu pouted.  He regretted letting her know his nickname, but seeing her giggle, he had this pinch of happiness in him. 
"Arasso, SungGyu sunbae." she called back. 
"You still have dance training?" he asked.
"In an hours time." she replied.
"Do you want to head out for some light snacks or anything?" SungGyu asked.
Shaking her head, she replied that she wanted to practice a little.
"Arasso. Anyways, tomorrow, DongWoo and HoYa will be having their recording for their song, do you want to visit?" SungGyu offered.
"Can I?" Angeline asked with gleaming eyes.
"Of course you can." SungGyu gave her his warm smile. "See you tomorrow then. Practice hard ok?" SungGyu patted her head.
"Why are you still sitting on the floor?" Angeline was about to walk out of the room when she noticed the SungGyu was still at the original spot.
"I am a grandpa, you forgot?" he teased and stretched out his hands, asking for help.
"Grandpa indeed." she laughed again.
"See, I made you laugh." SungGyu was very happy. "Sigh, you got to stop growing arasso. You are only 14, and nearly as tall as me. I wonder if insoles could still do magic for me." SungGyu sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeeeeee...triple update... ARE YOU HAPPY?! hhehehehehe Well I am cause HOYA'S BIRTHDAY IS COMING!!! Which means, Gyu's birthday is in another month too hahaha...

@RIE0516 , @koala23 , @ateynshanuox , @ashie1113, @Joonie_wannabe, @_sandrraaaU, @isiss1994, @gyuwifey, @taemir, @cutecuppycake, @nomnompandax9, @jaejae077, @nasuha99 and @miraohhmira. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.