002

{WOO} had {SUNG} : thank {GYU} for {HO}lding on {SOO} tight ?

One week later.

 

Wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a white casual tee and a blue converse sneakers, I waited for omma to finish getting ready.
"Before I forget." Omme paused and took out a taher big pouch.
"What is this?" I asked, ping it.
"Bank book is for your school fees. Two cards, one is debit, one is credit card. I will transfer money to you every month." she explained while searching her bag. I looked at her worriedly. And like a girlfriend, she read my mind.
"Don't worry. Appa left a huge asset for us remember? It is more than enough for the two of us." she answered my thoughts.
"Ok omma, but make sure you have enough to live well too ok." I hugged her.
"Oh! And here. your address in Korea, the apartment's code, and the keys to the dance studio." she fished out a piece of paper and a set of key.
Then, every thing went silent. Even a pin drop would echo through. I know omma doesn't want me to leave. I don't want to leave her either. But I know she wants me to forget every sad thing that has happened in Singapore and start a fresh in Korea. 
"Thanks." I said to break the awkward silence. "Imagine you did not hand me all this. I will be left cashless, and homeless in the streets of Korea." I tried to crack a joke.
"Let's get going. The taxi will be coming anytime soon." omma took one luggage while I took the other. 

"Omma will call you alright. Ka." she waved. Not tearing my eyes off her, I took a few steps towards the entrance. With a lump forming in my throat, with tears threatening to fall, I ran back into her arms.
"OMMA.." I cried. "Pogoshipda." (I will miss you)
"Angel baby. Don't cry. You have to go now ok." she rubbed her hands on my back. 
"Omma." I called out once again. I did not care if everyone had their attention on me. Because, I may not know when I will get to meet omma again. 
"Hush hush. Go in now ok." she tore me away. Reluctantly, I walked towards the entrance. The police gave me weird looks. Well, such a tall girl who could pull off as being 18 or 19 years old, crying her hearts out just because I am parting with my mum. And also that I was carrying my bunny soft toy in my arms. Until they flipped open my passport and saw that I am still two months away from turning 14. 
"Have a safe trip young girl." he returned me my passport and boarding pass. I walked further in to the immigration counter and get my passport stamped.

GOODBYE SINGAPORE

I sighed deeply as I walked towards the departure gate. 
"First class passengers, you may board now." the air crew announced. Gathering up all my items, I headed in. As I walked pass the other passengers at the boarding, they gave me the same weird stare. I ignored and walked towards the aero bridge. The air stewardesses were all curious as well, but they kept up with their professionalism and directed my to my seat. Taking out my iPad and earpiece, placing my passport into my bag and up into the over head cabin, I plugged in, facing the window. 
Soon, the pilot announced that the cabin door is to be closed. As he taxi-ed out into the runway, a strange feeling crept up on me. I AM LEAVING. I tried to hold in my tears, but gravity had to pull it down as the plane started to take off and climb. I kept looking out of the window, at the airport that was getting smaller and smaller. After a while, the seat belt sign was turned off.
"Miss, are you ok? Are you not feeling well?" the lady beside shook me lightly. I took the bunny ears and pressed against my eyes to absorb the tears, before turning to face her. Seeing that I did not reply, she asked again, worriedly.
"Miss, why are you crying?" I..I did not want to reply, I did not want to talk to anyone. 
"How can I help you?" I heard a soft voice asking the lady.
"This lady here has been sobbing every since the plane took off, but she is not saying anything. I am a little worried for her." she explained to the air stewardess in rather fluent English.
"Thank you madam. We will take over from here." the stewardess replied.
"Miss, I am HuiMin here. Can I take a look at your boarding pass and passport?" she asked with a warm smile. I eyed the overhead cabin. She understood and took down my bag. I took out the items and handed it to her.
"Angeline?" she asked. She then scanned around, realising that I am alone. "Where are your parents?"  I did not reply.
"Knowing that they would not leave me alone, I dug into my bag again for the letter that I had wrote while waiting for the gate to be opened. I had expected such things to happen, so I wrote the letter in advance, so that I would not have to do any verbal explanations.
"Sorry, is there any one who reads Korean?" the stewardess asked around. Just nice, the lady beside me happened to be a Korean and offered to translate.

~~~~~~~~~~

I am sorry for the bother. I don't mean to be such a trouble. 
I am not crying because I am not feeling well. I am crying because I feel homesick.
My mum is still in Singapore and I have no idea when I will meet her again. My dad had passed away 5 years ago. 
So I am alone now.
I am not talking and replying because.... I don't know how to reply to people. I don't usually talk to people.
Don't worry, I am not a run-away kid nor am I an exploited kid. 
I am going to Korea for my dreams. 
Really very sorry for the trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~

The lady explained to them. Seeing that the stewardess had not idea on how to act on this matter, she offered to take care of me for the next five and a half hours of flight so that the stewardess can go back to do her work.
"Angeline am I right?" the lady asked softly. I looked at her blankly.
"Don't worry, I will take care of you. But first, you just have to answer a few of my questions. It is a yes or no question, so you just have to nod or shake your head ok?" she said. Waiting for my response.
Nod.
"Ok, first, I am Kim Su Ah. Here is my name card." she handed me. I slowly stretch out my hands to reach for it. 
'BANC, Managing Director.' I read the card in my mind.
"Ok so, you are turning 14 soon?" Nod.
"Do you have a place to reside?" Nod.
"Will you be staying alone?" I wanted to nod, but suddenly I thought. What if she is not trustable?
"Don't worry. I am really here to help you." she looked into my eyes. That warm eyes. Looks just exactly like omma's. Some how, my instincts told me I had to trust her. I have to open up to her.
"You are staying alone?" she asked again. I nodded. 
"You said you are coming to chase your dream, being an Idol?" she asked. I tilted my head in confusion. Idol? Maybe. I slowly nodded my head.
"Oh, what companies?" she asked too quickly. "Ah, sorry, yes or no questions." she laughed at her own sillyness. She seemed very friendly. I took out 4 folders from my bag. There was a tag on each folder that wrote, YG, SM, TS and WOOLLIM. I had prepared my portfolio according to the company so I would not get mixed up. 
"Oh, can I take a look?" she asked. I nodded slowly and pushed the files to her.
"You look, pretty." she exclaimed. I blushed and started playing with my fingers.
"Oh, you are mix-blood? Half Korean and Half Singaporean?" she asked. I nodded.
"Since you are here alone, do you want to help out in some modelling for Banc?" she offered while looking through the photo shoots picture I had. I did not reply.
"Sorry, I know I am a little rushy." she apologised. "Anyways, you have my number now, can I have yours?" 
Then it hit me, I DO NOT HAVE A KOREAN PHONE LINE. I stared at her wide eyed.
"Waeyo?" she looked up from my documents.
"Han-de-phu-uen obseo." I replied really softly.
"How...Never mind. I will get you one right after we get off the plane." she said as she kindly kept my documents back into their respective folders. I shook my head rapidly, letting her know that she doesn't have to do so. However, she won into convincing me. Our conversation, well, her talking and my mime, continued all the way till the plane landed. I felt very sorry because she was doing all the talking. I really want to talk, but I was afraid of opening up, especially knowing that she might be some good samaritan that will leave after today. 

 


Sorry I spent quite a large chunk on this unknown lady, Kim Su Ah. But she will be playing a rather big part in taking care of Angeline in Korea. She will be coming out a lot for the next two chapters too. 
INFINITE will most probably come out in chapter 6 onwards. 

I will really really, greatly appreciate if you can comment after reading. Please do not be a silent reader. 
Thank You <3