26: Nothing Else Matters

Meet Me in San Juan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX 

Nothing Else Matters


 

[ Jimin’s. ]

 

[ 4 Months, 2 Days ]

 

God. 

 

I don’t know what came over me. 

 

Maybe it’s the wine? Maybe it’s because my Minjeong is too hot for me to handle seeing past 8 am, my mind filled with a hangover? Maybe it’s because I was kissing her in a dream I barely even remember before I woke up?

 

Minjeong is just so hot—images of what had happened just an hour ago were still playing endlessly in my mind that I can’t help but feel a little lightheaded as I watched her sleep next to me, spent after the endless highs I chased with her.

 

(Jimin totally lost count, and it is the first time that Minjeong is almost near to tears after getting ravaged over and over again.)

 

“Let me take you over and over until your legs give out, Minjeong.” 

 

Where did that even come from, Jimin????

 

Pero anyways, I was already hungry, having my energy spent with the… fun activities that I did with her, so I decided na kumutan nalang ang natutulog ko pang girlfriend para hindi siya lamigin and exited our room. 

 

The first thing that greets me when I get out of our room is Minju with a grin, while Chaewon is wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at me. 

 

“Do you exercise, Rina?” tanong ni Minju while I settled to sit on the counter, and Chaewon immediately gives me a plate. 

 

Hindi pa rin ba sila nagpapansinan? 

 

“No,” I decided to answer Minju’s question. “Why?” 

 

“Wala,” she says with a chuckle, and judging by how they’re both grinning at me, I know they’re going to tease me. “I’m just a little envious of your stamina, that’s all.” 

 

Ugh. 

 

“How much did you guys hear?” I ask, and once again Minju is the one who answered my question habang si Chaewon naman ay naghugas na ng pinggan, probably listening to our conversation. 

 

“Bits and pieces, here and there. You guys weren’t exactly quiet, so…” 

 

“That’s the goal,” I grinned as I started to eat the different fried foods and rice na niluto ata nila kanina. I started with a curious expression at Minju who didn’t seem to have an answer for me with whatever it is that’s happening with the both of them.

 

“Pero sana pasintabi naman sa mga single,” Chaewon says, and I see a flash of hurt in Minju’s face that disappears as she forces a smile on her lips. “You’ve both been very touchy and ma-PDA these days. Making up for lost time?” 

 

I frowned as she mentioned that word. 

 

“Four months,” I said, sighing as I had always frequently checked my notes and calendar app to check the time that we have left whenever possible. “Four months before I finally go back and manage the company given to me.”

 

“Can’t believe you already spent two months here,” hangang sabi ni Minju as I drink some cold water, helping a little with the remaining bits of hangover na nagpapasakit ng ulo ko. “Time’s going too fast these days.” 

 

“Yeah,” I smiled bitterly. “I’m not exactly looking forward to it.” 

 

“Nga pala,” Minju asks, bringing out her phone and then scrolling into a funny looking article, at ang una kong napansin doon is my face edited with stickers and other , and it seems na may personal information rin ako na nakasulat doon. “This website says that your birthday is already on the 11th. Is that true?” 

 

My birthday? 

 

Oh, . 

 

I completely forgot about that date, with everything that had happened. 

 

In five days na pala agad yung birthday ko?

 

“Yeah,” I said, gently grabbing the phone from her and then checking the other contents of this weird website. “What the hell, how did they even know that my favorite animal is crocodiles?” 

 

Rinig ko ang tawa ni Minju with the comment I made, and I scrolled to the very bottom of the website and found someone credited with the information gathered on me. 

 

“What the—Minjeong is the one who gave this info to whoever made this website? Wait… Pati si Ate Irene tsaka si Jaehyun?!” 

 

What the hell is this? 

 

“Let her sleep muna,” natatawang sabi ni Chaewon while she’s cleaning the plate I ate on after I finished. “I’m sure she has her reasons why she shared some information about you?” 

 

I pouted at that. 

 

What reason would that be? 

 

I had Minju send me the link to the website so I’d be able to investigate it further as I retreated back to our room, pero kita ko naman na Minjeong is still asleep so I just let her. Instead I grabbed the laptop na pinabili ko kay Jaehyun when I took a picture of his letter, clicking the link and reading the contents properly. 

 

It… 

 

Well, it isn’t so bad, after all? 

 

Top five facts about Katarina Jimin Yoo!

She’s the prettiest girl you’re going to see

She likes crocodiles and alligators and dinosaurs so much

She likes RNB songs, especially the Best Part by Daniel Caesar ft. H.E.R

She can learn something faster than anyone else (example: taking care of plants, climbing trees)

She loves Minjeong so much :b 

 

I could only laugh at that part—I just know na Minjeong is the one who gave that information about me, and when I scroll down I could even see her handwriting in one of the panels. 

 

Pero what is this for ba? 

 

Before I could even tap out and ask someone what it is for, I found a hidden link to click on one of my pictures at the bottom part of the site. I clicked on it, hoping na this isn’t a virus or anything, but my heart just swelled as I saw what was written on it. 

 

Hi, Jimin.

 

If you see this on the days before your birthday, then maybe I trusted the wrong people to give this to so they can urge you to look at it. Char!

 

Pero anyways, grabe ka. Naging magjowa tayo na hindi ko alam ang birthday mo, buti naisipan kong tanungin si Kuya Jaehyun and told me na malapit na pala. I had to make a lot of spontaneous plans and just hope blindly that this will work, pero I know that it would kasi ako nagplano, siyempre magaling ako mag execute ng mga plano, noh. Tsaka I had help with Yeonjun and his IT skillz para magawa tong website na ‘to, which is just a way for me to tease you as payback. 

 

Kinabahan ka, noh? Deserve. Charot! ‘Wag ka mag-alala, hindi naman kita papakabahin nung sobrang major. Medyo surprise lang ‘to, since you deserve the best surprises and I want to make sure na April 11th will be one of the best days that will stay in your memory for a very long time. 

 

Baby ko, I hope din na I will stay in your life for a very long time. Alam ko naman na maraming changes pa ang pwedeng mangyari sa relationship natin, and we may or may not be able to prevent those things pero just know na I will do everything to make sure na you’re with me at those trying times, and I’m with you. We’re in this together, and I just love being together with you. 

 

If I wrote everything I’ve been feeling ever since I met you, Yeonjun might be angry with me kasi magiging sobrang haba ng website na gagawin niya, so I’m just going to make sure to tell you in person, kahit na abutin pa ‘yan ng one or two hours. 

 

Baby, you are absolutely one of a kind. I first knew you as the kind and absolutely extroverted Karina, and I’m glad that you were so extroverted that you didn’t have any difficulty approaching me kasi if you didn’t, baka titigan ko nalang ang kagandahan mo forever without making a move. Sorry, kapag kasi naiisip ko yung time na una tayong nagkakilala, feeling ko talaga matotorpe ako since hindi naman ako yung taong umaamin sa taong gusto niya. 

 

Tititigan nalang kita hanggang sa maging crush mo din ako, ganern. 

 

Now, I know you as Jimin—my Jimin, the love of my life, someone I know I can’t live without kasi kahit pagtulog lang sanay na akong katabi ka lagi. Routines with you are what makes me fall in love with you even further, and siyempre you’re the reason why I always want to kiss you whenever I get to stare at your lips a little longer than I should. Siyempre, nandun na din yung “fun” na ginagawa natin…. I love that you always make me special when we have fun, and I love that I am the only one who could see the vulnerable side of you whenever we do that. 

 

Jimin, I love you. Have I already told you that? Everytime you tell me you love me, it feels like the first time you do; it never fails to make me feel happy, feel safe, feel loved the most of all. I hope it has the same effect on you whenever I say that—I hope you know that I love you more than anything else, even more than your farm that I had devoted almost all of my life to. 

 

Siguro yun yung dahilan kung bakit masyado akong drawn sa farm mo. Siguro kaya nag-eenjoy ako doon lagi, kasi it was supposed to be yours. It was a part of you, and I like to think that it means na I was destined to be with you from the beginning, just as how you were destined to inherit everything and enter my life so suddenly that I feel like you’ve been here all along. 

 

My love, no words can truly express how I feel for you. Or siguro, hindi pa naiimbento ang salitang makakapagdescribe ng lahat ng nararamdaman ko sa’yo,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter