Between the devil and the blue sea

Cracked mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Harin was sitting at the dinner table with his parents when he asked :

 ______ Father, I feel way behind my colleagues in the Taekwondo classes. Could I bring my teacher here to practice harder?

_______ Whatever helps you improve.

_______ But this is inappropriate. Nobody does this type of activity at home.______ The realtor protested.

______ My son is not an ordinary kid. He may do whatever he feels like. _____ The businessman replied arrogantly and left the table.

_______ Sweetie...I think you should...______ Yongsun started speaking softly to her only son but was interrupted.

_______ Mother, I hope that you pay close attention to my words. If you try to interrupt my classes or do anything to disturb my private teacher, I'll take my father's side and ask the judge to let me live with him.

Shocked, the brunette opened and tried to speak a couple of times before asking:

______ Why are you treating me like that? What have I done to you, boy?

Sighing, the 13-year-old murmured: 

______ The proper question would be "what has any of you really done for me"? I'm just tired of being in the middle of your fights. I finally have something to distract me. Let me be.

Upset, the 34-year-old stood up in silence and left the dining room.

The teenager felt guilty for treating his mother like that. Nonetheless, he didn't know a different approach to make her support his choice.

Going to his room, the boy brushed his teeth and sent the former graphic designer a message informing her that they could practice in his place too.

Harin asked Byul-Yi to go meet him the following morning around 9 am.

The 27-year-old wavered between going or not for two hours. But then, she remembered all the job applications that ended in nothing.

Byul-YI was between the devil and the blue sea. So she forced herself to take action.

The brown-haired girl arrived at her ex-boss's building and texted Harim to say she was downstairs.

The boy told the porter to let his instructor in and waited for her by the door.

Informed that she should go to the 21st floor, the handsome girl rehearsed several poker faces until she reached her destination.

The 13-year-old welcomed the adult with a smile and guided her to the huge balcony.

They chatted for a while and the former graphic designer told Harim that they should practice.

The boy agreed and guided his friend to the restroom, where she changed clothes.

Although Byul-YI was concerned about a possible confrontation with the older woman, she focused and gave her best while teaching the kid some basic moves.

They warmed up properly before practicing and only stopped when the teenager was covered in sweat and looking semi-dead.

Laughing, the 27-year-old declared:

______ I guess it's good enough for a beginner. You did well.

______ Noona, you are a great teacher. I'm out of shape but I feel that I used muscles that were sleeping for 13 years.

______ Good. Now you should shower.

______ You should shower too. I can't let you leave in this condition.

_______ Ah...I don't know. I don't wanna meet your mother, Harim.

______ Forget about her. She is never home a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter