What????

Cracked mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The graphic designer presented her new project to the whole board and later, had to take part in 3 different video conferences with investors from Japan, Canada, and Germany.

Byul-YI was finally free at 2 pm and crossed the long corridor of the company to go to her office.

Out of nowhere, a slim and tall boy popped in front of her and they bumped into each other.

The handsome young woman smelled orange juice and noticed that her chest and stomach were shaken wet.

Terrified, the 13-year-old covered his mouth before moving his hands to his head.

______ Oh my God! I'm so sorry, Ma'am! Please, forgive me. I could clean it. Oh no! I've just ruined a Thom Browne...My mother will kill me. My father too. But I will still beg him to pay you a new one. Tell me this isn't sold out. Please Please Please.

Taken aback, the 27-year-old exchanged a confused look with the receptionist before saying:

______ Calm down, kid. Take a deep breath and follow me. Lisa, would you get me some wet tissues? Thank you in advance.

The skinny brown-haired woman opened her office door and let the kid enter first.

Byul-YI carefully took off her jacket and sighed with relief for not being wet.

______ I should have been more careful, I know. I don't even understand how my foot got stuck on the carpet. I couldn't have tripped in front of you...

______ What's your name, boy?

______ Harin. Yun Harin, ma'am.

______ Forget about formalities. I'm Byul.

______ Can I call you noona then?

______ Sure.

______ Noona...My father doesn't like me but...I am still his only heir so...I'm gonna beg for a new suit to replace yours.______ The kid spoke with anxiety.

Worried, the adult caressed the teenager's hair and said:

______ Nonsense. Every kid thinks their parents hate them. But you seem to be a nice boy. I'm sure he is proud of you. Anyway, I don't need another suit. Don't worry about that.

______ Ah, but father is not proud of me. I'm too...feminine for him.______ The kid blushed.

______ So? What's wrong with being feminine? Nobody is 100% masculine or feminine.

The boy sat on a chair and hesitated before responding:

______ He is afraid that I may be...homoual.

______ Just because you are not the most masculine boy? This is really silly.

______ Well, noona. I guess he notices I'm different.

______ Different?_____ The adult knew what the boy meant but she wanted to make him feel comfortable to speak up.

Harin blushed while confessing:

______ I may like boys.

Choosing her words carefully, the graphic designer spoke with affection:

______ It's okay if you do, darling. That doesn't make you a bad son. Even if your father can't understand, I hope you don't feel you are abnormal or that you are doing anything wrong. It's also okay to be in doubt. I bet you hear people making these assumptions all the time.

______ Yeah. I get bullied at school. They use horrible words to make me feel lousy...

The receptionist knocked on the door and handed the brown-haired woman the wet tissues.

Byul-YI thought the girl was acting weird while giving her some strange looks but she just thanked her and closed the door again.

______ I'm sorry you've been through such terrible moments, Harin. I'm very familiar with the experience of being treated negatively for being different. I just want to tell you some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter