Wisdom

Cracked mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-YI was having a meeting with her boss for hours when the woman sighed and exclaimed :

 ______ This is so exhausting! I don't know how I could have handled all that without you.

_____ I'm sure you still would, ma'am. Your reputation as a competent professional is known.

Walking around the office to get some water in the minibar, the boss declared:

_____ Reputation can be just good marketing.

_____ Mrs. Lara, I'm curious. Why did you hire me?_____ The graphic designer took the chance to ask.

_____ My friend Yongsun recommended you.

_____ Huh? Kim Yongsun?_____ Byul-YI's eyes popped.

Realizing her mistake, the older lady tried to fix it:

_____ I've been told my diction is bad. I said Johansson. He's the director's assistant in a smaller agency where you left your resumé. He got impressed but they didn't need a new employee. Knowing I was looking for a new graphic designer, he sent me your info.

______ I see.

Even though the explanation might make sense, the brown-haired girl noticed that her boss got anxious and averted her eyes.

She didn't want to believe that Harin's mother helped her because it took her several months to forget about that woman. And even now, her heart still skipped a beat because of that name.

The boss brought Byul-YI back to reality by letting her know that they finished the project and she was free to leave.

The handsome young woman excused herself and picked some personal things in her own office before going home.

She planned to shower, order some food and relax while reading a book. Nevertheless, Wheein called informing she was coming over with Hyejin.

Well aware that the couple could not be avoided, the graphic designer accepted the change of plans and just showered.

The younger girls arrived around 7 and they brought fried chicken, pizza, and beer.

The trio ate in silence for the first 30 minutes and Byul-YI was so distracted that she didn't notice the other two exchanging signals.

Clearing , Wheein finally said something:

______ Unnie, it's been months. We think you should do something to change your life.

______ Huh? What are you talking about?_____ The handsome one frowned.

______ You just have time to work. Whenever we try to introduce you to someone, you avoid us like we avoid men. How long are you gonna mourn for that ? You should be ing around. Girl, you are a magnet.______ Hyejin exclaimed without stopping biting a chicken wing.

Exhaling, the graphic designer responded:

 ______ I'm not in the mood for dating And my job is very satisfying.

______ I bet you would date that mommy if she was around._____ The y brunette mumbled.

______ Well, I'm the one who walked away. I know where she lives and works. 

 ______ Yet, you still like her.______ Wheein patted her friend's leg.

______ So? It's not a sin to love someone. 

______ You don't seem to wanna forget her, Byul-YI unnie.

______ Hyejin-ah, I'm not like that. I can't around while having feelings for someone else. I wasn't built like that.

______ But you should do something, unnie. It's clear that you are suffering._____ Wheein pointed out.

______ I am trying! That's why I work so hard.

______ That is not the solution. You're just sweeping the dust under the rug. Listen, unnie. There are only two options. One: you put yourself out there and give someone nice a chance.

______ I just said I can't!

Rolling her eyes, the hot girl continued:

______ Two: you it up and forgive the y . You two have a freaking crazy chemistry. The air was suffocating that day.

______ Shut up and eat! ______ Byul-YI pouted and focused on her chicken pieces.

______ Hyejin is right though, unnie. I believe that woman is in love with you. And you certainly are head over heels. Instead of keeping hurting, you should do something about it.

Glancing at the couple, the brown-haired one softened her facial expression and replied:

______ Thank you for caring. I really love you, girls. But I don't w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter