Taking a side

Cracked mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

____ You must be confused with all that. I'm sorry that I failed at building a nice family to give you safety and peace.____ The realtor spoke with a broken voice.

____ Mom...Don't blame yourself. Also, you can trust me. Do you really like noona?_____ Harin caressed his mother's hair.

Blushing, the 34-year-old hesitated before confirming:

_____ I do. You probably think I'm a hypocrite. I admit I deserve to be called like that.

_____ Why would I think that?

_____ I cheated on your father. With a woman. And for a long time, I erased your uality. Or your right to be yourself._____ The brunette cried even more.

_____ You apologized and I forgave you, mom. Now tell me something. Did father force you to end things with Byul-YI? Did I hear right? Did he use me to threaten you?

The adult's eyes got wide open in fear and she thought about lying to protect her kid but he noticed and continued speaking :

_____ Don't worry about my feelings. I'm old enough to understand that cheating is wrong. Yet, my father was always a terrible husband. So I don't blame you. Plus, I am also old enough to speak to the judge. I'll say that I want to stay with you. And that I never had a father. Just a bully who kept humiliating me and mistreating me for not fitting his expectation.

_____ Baby, would you do that? But...Oh my God! I should not let you start a war with your own father.

_____ It's not a war. I need to think of what is best for us. You changed and we are healing. He is just a monster. What type of selfish father uses their child for revenge?_____ The boy exclaimed.

_____ Don't get stressed, honey. You are too young to carry this burden._____ Yongsun pulled the boy closer and kissed his forehead.

______ I'm fine. I feel that I've grown stronger since noona became my friend and later when you and I talked for real. Now we are gonna take care of you, mom. After the divorce, we can restart our lives from zero.

______ You are so precious! The only good thing in my life.

______ Well, now there is Byul-YI noona too.______ The teen smirked.

______ Ah...She probably hates me. I treated her very badly more than once...

______ But this time is not your fault. You just need to be honest and apologize.

______ I promise all I want is to make up for my mistakes, sweetie. But I don't deserve her forgiveness. Your mother is a weak and shallow woman.

______ Mom...Don't say that...

______ Harin, promise you won't bother Byul talking about me._____ The 34-year-old held her son's hands and looked into his eyes.

______ But...

______ Please...It's not fair to her. I made her suffer. And your father is powerful. I don't even know if your word will be enough in this country.

______ Mom, he may be powerful. But he needs his reputation. I end his name before he can do anything. You will see.

_____ Let's act carefully. I would never ask you to take a side. But if you are willing to speak up, we should consult my lawyer.

______ Sure. We are a team. Now go take a shower and get some rest. We can eat something together later.

_____ My boy is getting so mature. I regret destroying your childhood.

_____ You didn't. When this is all over, you and I are going to have fun. Deal?

_____ Deal.______ The mother smiled and hugged the teen again.

______ x ______ 

_____ I like this apartment, unnie. And It's not as small as I thought it would be. Are you done saving up? _____ Wheein looked around.

______ Actually, I got a job in my area. A bit weird sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter