Attachment

25 autumns

 

 

20. Exhausted parents kiss






 

Attachment




 

Sunggyu couldn't remember the last time he was able to do something without being interrupted.

 

When he tried, he would hear Seoho and Soohyuk fighting over the television. Or else Sohye would start crying out of nowhere.

 

That night he ran in despair when he heard screams. He came out of the shower with shampooed hair and found Woohyun trying to break up a fight, with his kids tugging at his shirt sleeves. It was sad to see and Sunggyu was starting to wonder why he had so many children. One might be enough, but three? It was just madness.

 

It was left to Sunggyu to give several screams in the house, ignoring tantrum cries or even Woohyun's scared expression. He made the boys calm down with some superhero cartoon and took the youngest to the bedroom, trying to get her to bed early.

 

When he returned to the room, he found them sleeping in their beds and Woohyun sitting on the floor with his head down as he dozed off from exhaustion. Sunggyu knelt beside him, shaking his shoulders carefully.

 

“The children slept,” Sunggyu said. Woohyun yawned and rubbed his eyes with his hand. His husband wanted to laugh when he realized Woohyun looked like the fourth child in the house.

 

“Today was pretty busy,” Woohyun commented, giving him an adorable smile, even though he was tired.

 

Sunggyu couldn't resist getting closer, kissing his lips softly and feeling Woohyun hold him by the back of his neck. He missed even that. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had time for just the two of them.

 

“Hey,” Woohyun muttered as they walked away, hesitating for a moment. "What do you think about leaving them with my parents for the weekend? I wanted to spend a day with you.”

 

“Sohye can't sleep if I'm not around, remember?” Said Sunggyu. As good as the idea was, he knew that he himself had a hard time leaving his children in the care of others. Perhaps the two of them were even too attached parents.

 

“I think it's time to get her used to it,” Woohyun joked.

 


 


 

Notes: I have a plot of years with them parents of these three children, one day maybe I'll write more about them...
anyway, the last 5 chapters will be posted in 3 to 7 days, I promise not to take longer than that!! see you later