Future Prom Queen's Thoughts

Ayos Lang!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was after school when Rina and I decided to study at her place. Our midterm exams are coming na rin kasi so we really were in so much rush right now. Kailangan na talaga naming mag review.

 

“Ugh, I still don't understand why we still have to take written exams in Entrep when we already put too much effort in our business plan!” I ranted to my best friend while we were sitting on their tiled floor sa living room nila.

 

And I was just about to continue complaining when I suddenly noticed something strange with Rina. Kanina niya pa ‘to ginagawa ever since I got here. She kept glancing back and forth outside, more specifically sa bahay nila Miss Taeyeon.

 

“Rina,” I snapped my fingers in front of her face to get her attention. “are you even listening? What are you looking at?”

 

“Do you think nakauwi na si Winter?”

 

Ah, so that's what. I couldn't help but smirk. Matagal ko na ring napapansin ‘to about her, especially ever since nung makauwi siya here sa Philippines. 

 

She gives way too much of her attention kay Winter.

 

At first, I simply brushed it off and blamed it on the fact that maybe she just really missed her childhood ‘friend’. 

 

Then she started gushing about everything she adores about Winter, everything she missed about Winter, everything she liked about Winter. Every. Single. Day. 

 

It wasn't really a problem para sa akin since I, for one, objectively agree na cute nga si Winter. 

 

She was quiet yet charming enough to get the eyes of most of our blockmates especially tuwing bumibisita siya when she needed something from her mom, Miss Taeyeon.

 

And then, Rina began ranting about how much she didn't like it whenever our classmates would tease Minju kay Winter.

 

I think this is something na hindi pa nakakalabas sa block namin and that's why wala pa sigurong masyadong clue yung circle nila Winter—not unless Ningning had mentioned about it sa kanila.

 

They all think na may crush si Minju kay Winter.

 

Wala akong clue where they got that from, but I think it started nung nakita nung mga boys sa class namin si Minju na kasama si Winter. Tinutulungan daw nung isa na magbuhat ng boxes si Minju, kesyo bakit daw may paghatid na nagaganap between the two. 

 

Personally, I didn't believe it.

 

It only got blew out of proportion nung hindi dineny ni Minju na may crush siya kay Winter, though I understand naman.

 

Minju is also a quiet person. Wala siyang pakialam sa mga ‘chismis’ na nangyayari sa block namin kahit na tungkol na sa kanya ang pinagchichismisan. 

 

She simply believed that the boys were being immature and she just didn't care enough.

 

Can’t say the same for Rina, though.

 

Because my best friend cared too much.

 

She would always fall silent or frown throughout the entire class whenever the boys would start teasing Minju again, and afterwards, she’d come to me and start ranting and ranting and ranting.

 

It's almost like she was jealous.

 

“Rina, just focus on your reviewer. Winter will be fine,” I chuckled as I grabbed the highlighter from her hand. 

 

“I didn't see her kanina and she hasn't messaged me since this morning.” Rina sighed.

 

That made me raise an eyebrow. Huh. Interesting. “Do you text each other a lot?”

 

“Yeah, why?” she shrugged, her eyes widening when she saw the look in my face. “What? What are you thinking? Stop. Stop! I know that look!”

 

“What look?” I asked innocently, holding back a -eating grin.

 

“Winter and I are friends, okay?” she cleared out with her cheeks turning red.

 

“I know. I didn't say otherwise.” I rolled my eyes at her. I have no idea why she was being so defensive.

 

“Whatever.” It was her turn to roll her eyes, but ier this time. I guess ito siguro ang effect sa kanya pag hindi siya nabibigyan ng attention ni Winter. “Let’s go back to studying.”

 

I laughed at her, but I held myself back from teasing her more. Whatever you say, Rina. Whatever you say.

 

We continued to study for two more hours until my alarm went off, reminding me to go home. Gosh, at last! Kanina ko pa gustong umuwi at matulog nalang sa room ko. 

 

I hugged my best friend goodbye, packed my stuff, fixed myself, and then I finally walked out of her house. 

 

Just when I was about to close their gate, I accidentally bumped into someone I was least expecting.

 

Winter.

 

May hawak siyang dalawang ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter