Thoughtful

Ayos Lang!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up, the first thing that I did was make my way downstairs. Kanina pa kasi ako may naririnig na familiar na mga boses at ilang beses na rin akong naalimpungatan because of it. Sino na naman ba ang pinapasok ni Ninang sa bahay niya?

 

I instantly covered my mouth when a yawn escaped my mouth.

 

 

“Gi? Yeji?” I asked. They were both seated on the couch in our living room, chit-chatting with themselves. “What are you guys doing here?”

 

“Good morning to you too, Rina.”

 

“You're finally awake!”

 

“How did you guys get in?” 

 

“Oh, Tita Tiff let us.”

 

I eyed them skeptically. “I see,”

 

I wasn't surprised, really. Ninang has this kind yet concerning attitude where she just lets anyone in her home just because she thinks they're nice.

 

“Girl, maghilamos ka kaya muna?” Yeji suggested.

 

Chuckling, I playfully rolled my eyes and made my way upstairs again. I then quickly washed my face in the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

 

 

When I got back sa baba, nandun pa rin nakaupo sila Giselle and Yeji.

 

Where's Ninang Tiff kaya?

 

And as if she heard what's inside my head, Giselle suddenly spoke. “Tita Tiff went out to buy some lunch. Or makipagchikahan with Miss Taeyeon outside. I don't really know,”

 

“I think it's the latter. Just look at her,” Yeji used her index finger to point towards our window.

 

She was right. Ninang Tiff was there, in front of the Kim's House, having an animated conversation with Miss Taeyeon sa may hotdog stall nila.

 

I just shook my head in amusement. Of course, she's there. That woman would literally take every opportunity to spend time with Miss Taeyeon.

 

“You guys didn't answer my question, by the way.”

 

“What question?”

 

“Why are you guys here?”

 

“Oh, wala lang naman. I just wanted to hang out, you know?” Giselle answered, then I turned to Yeji.

 

Yeji pointed at herself, “Me? Well, I didn't come here with Gigi, actually. Sinamahan ko lang sila Ryujin and Lia since they wanted to visit Ate Dahyun's hotdog stall, but then I saw her kanina on her way here, so I decided to tag along.”

 

I was just about to reply when we suddenly heard a knock from the door. I looked at Gigi and Yeji, silently asking if they invited someone else with them but turns out they were just as clueless as I was. 

 

I didn't even get the chance to open the door myself when Winter's figure suddenly emerged from it. 

 

My arms immediately went to hug my body to at least cover what I was wearing. Nakakahiya! 

 

“Winter?”

 

Just like the rest of us, mukhang nagulat din siya. Siguro she didn't expect us to be here at all. 

 

“H-hi.” she stuttered, awkwardly scratching her nape. It's only then when I noticed that she was actually holding something. “Um, hotdog nga pala. Pinapabigay ni Aling Tiffany, almusal mo raw, Karina.”

 

Nahihiya siyang naglakad papunta sa akin para iabot yung hotdog. I gratefully took it and smiled at her. Awkward din siya na ngumiti dun sa dalawa na nakaupo sa sofa.

 

“Hi, Yeji. Giselle.”

 

“Hi, Win! Why don't you stay here muna?” Yeji invited as if siya ang nakatira dito. 

 

Well, I don't mind din naman. It's just Winter anyway. Everyone in this Subdivision basically trust her.

 

“Gigi here,” Yeji said as she circled an arm around Giselle, “has been looking forward to getting to know you more!”

 

“That's true.” Giselle only shrugged.

 

Winter chuckled shyly and just shook her head as answer. “I'd love to, pero sorry. Kailangan din kasi ako dun sa stall namin. Maybe next time nalang?” 

 

Giselle pouted and looked at me as if naman may masasabi ako to change Winter's mind.

 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for her to stay here and hang out with us, but at the same time, feel ko hindi rin ako ready. Kakagising ko lang kaya and ang pangit ng damit ko! 

 

“Sige, una na ako. See you sa school,” pagpapaalam ni Winter bago tuluyan nang lumabas without even sparing me a glance.

 

“Mahiyain lang talaga 'yun, Gi.” Yeji spoke as soon as Winter was out of our sight. Kasama nga pala siya sa circle of friends ni Winter.

 

Giselle sighed and cheerfully looked between Yeji and me. “Didn't you say she's a part of the Prom Committee? Grade 12 Representative?”

 

“Vice President, actually.” I proudly corrected. “And honestly, they've been doing a pretty good job.”

 

“Already?” Yeji laughed. “Win mentioned na wala pa nga silang nauumpisahan!”

 

“Still. She's doing really well.”

 

Giselle looked at me weirdly before cackling loudly. “Alright, Rina.”

 

Nagtinginan silang dalawa ni Yeji as if they know something I don't.

 

What's up with these two?

 

“Gosh, ano na naman?” I groaned.

 

“Nothing!” Giselle said pero tumatawa pa rin naman. 

 

“I know you two. Especially you.” tinuro ko si Giselle, who's still smirking at me.

 

Yeji giggled and leaned her back against the couch. “Just eat your hotdogs, Rina!”

 

Then I remembered the food I was holding. Right. Winter brought me my breakfast. Heat immediately crept up my cheeks as I recalled how shy and adorable she looked earlier. Bakit ba kasi ang cute niya?

 

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes at them before walking straight to the kitchen to eat my breakfast.

 

 

 

 

“...tapos ang nakakairita lang kasi, hindi niya man lang kami sinabihan sa plano niya? Ano pang point ng pagiging team namin kung hindi niya rin naman hihingin 'yung input ng bawat members.”

 

I was silently listening to Winter's rant while eating the icings from her Iced Gem. Tinatanggal niya kasi 'to since masyado raw matamis for her kaya 'yung biscuit part lang talaga ang kinakain niya. Fortunately, the icing part has always been my favorite whenever I eat Ice Gem, especially when I was little.

 

We're both sitting on the floor sa vacant house na parang naging secret place na rin namin ni Winter. Lately, madalas ko na siyang inaaya na makipag hang out sakin dito and vice versa. I think it's our very own way of somehow helping each other out about dun sa dilemmas na napag-usapan dito before. 

 

And also, I noticed na madalas na rin akong binibigyan ni Winter ng random snacks that were specifically made in the Philippines. When I asked her about it, she told me na it's her way of helping me "catch up" with everything I thought I had missed.

 

My heart has grown fonder of her since then.

 

She's just so thoughtful, caring, and just so so sweet.

 

“Wala tuloy kaming choice kundi magplano na naman ahead of time. Sobrang busy tuloy ng club namin imbes na chill muna kami this month.” Winter continued to rant.

 

She had her lips puckered adorably with her brows furrowed together as she tried to concentrate sa pag separate ng Iced Gem niya, and automatically, ako na 'yung kumakain ng icing part.

 

Cutie…

 

My eyes widened when I took notice of what I just told myself. 

 

I won't deny naman na Winter is in fact… cute. But at the same time, I couldn't help but notice that something felt really weird and different with the way my mind had thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter