Episode Four part 1/2

You are my boyfriend.

“Ding Dong!~” The doorbell rang and Eun Mi ran to answer the door.

“Hello, I am looking for Eun Ji… Is she in?” Hae Rin asked with a polite smile.

“Oh, you are looking for unnie? UNNIE!!!~ SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR YOU!~” Eun Mi shouted in her high-pitched voice.

Eun Ji stepped out of the kitchen with her apron still on her. She took it off hurriedly and walked over to the door when she saw Hae Rin standing at her doorstep.

“Hae Rin unnie, what brings you here?” Eun Ji asked in a surprised tone.

“Director told me to pass you this for the next filming.” Hae Rin said with a bright smile as she took out the script book and a slip of paper from her bag.

“INFINITE’s second invasion concert ticket?!” Eun Ji gasped as she stared at the concert ticket.

“Yep.” Hae Rin answered while zipping her bag.

“Remember to read the script.  I got to go. Bye!” Hae Rin reminded and waved.

“Unnie, not going to come in for some tea?” Eun Ji asked.

“It’s alright. I still have to run some errands for that troublesome director…” Hae Rin complained with a playful wink.

“Next time then. See you tomorrow, Hae Rin unnie” Eun Ji said and waved back.

“Seeya!” With that, Hae Rin left.

Eun Mi had ran off while the two were engaged in their conversation. Closing the door, Eun Ji stared at the concert ticket for some time. She then jumped up and down excitedly. Eun Ji had always wanted to attend INFINITE’s concert but their tickets were that hard to get. Sitting down on the sofa after calming herself down, she flipped open the script book for episode four.

“Important note of the episode: Highlight the idol and fan difference.” Eun Ji read off the script.

She frowned, not really knowing what those words meant. Nevertheless, she scanned through the rest of the script. After using some time to famliarise herself with the script, Eun Ji finally placed it into her bag. Taking the clothes she needed to wear for the next episode out from the paper bag, she ironed them carefully. Looking to the concert ticket lying on her table, she smiled to herself.

The next day…

Filming of episode four

Walking through the entrance of the concert venue, Eun Ji tugged at the ends of her dress nervously. The cameraman was following closely behind Eun Ji, afraid to lose her because of the large number of fans gathered. She earned stares from the other fans as soon as she joined the crowd. The cameraman with his bulky camera and the other filming crew made her stand out.

“Is she the one casted in ‘You are my boyfriend’?”

“I don’t really like her… She seems so fake in the show.”

“She stole my Woo Hyun oppa.”

“She isn’t that pretty after all, wonder why she was chosen…”

“Will Eun Ji be fine?” Hae Rin thought as she watched the filming with the director from afar.

Some of those fans were scripted by the director to say those stuff while others were not. Obviously, Eun Ji didn’t know about the prior arrangement. She bit down at her lower lip as she forced a fake smile at them. Some of them rolled eyes at her while others turned their backs against her. Then, loud screams were heard.

“It’s INFINITE!~” The girls yelled.

Pushing one another violently, they ran towards the seven boys who got off the van one by one. Eun Ji stumbled slightly as she got pushed by yet another rough fan. She inhaled deeply and walked quickly to join them, hoping to catch a glimpse of Woo Hyun. Craning her neck, she wondered if Woo Hyun spotted her in the crowd.

“It’s Eun Ji.” Woo Hyun thought to himself.

He was about to walk over to Eun Ji when he suddenly remembered the director’s words. The objective of the episode was to evoke sad emotions in the audience by highlighting the idol and fan difference in them. Woo Hyun sighed softly and pulled his gaze away from her before walking off with the rest of the members. Although she knew it was director’s requirement, she still felt sad when she saw Woo Hyun leaving with the others, pretending not to see her.

“Aish. I wanted so much to go over and pull her out of the crowd of crazy fan girls if not for director’s instructions…” Woo Hyun cursed in his mind.

“Woo Hyun, it’s your turn for the final touch up.” One of the staff called out.

“Coming.” Woo Hyun said as he walked over.

To: Woo Hyun

Good luck for your concert performance! FIGHTING ^^

Woo Hyun picked up his phone which vibrated and saw Eun Ji’s incoming message alert. He was about to open and read the message when he spotted the camera beside him. The staff was signaling for him not to open the text. Reluctantly, Woo Hyun passed his phone to his manager and continued with the make-up touch up.

Following the other fans, Eun Ji entered the concert hall and waited patiently for INFINITE’s appearance. She tried her best to ignore the other fans’ glares and to block out their negative remarks. Eun Ji smiled politely and thanked some of the fans who supported her and Woo Hyun. At that time, all the fans were excitedly waving their boards and light sticks, waiting patiently for the concert to start.

Staring at the big infinite sign on the stage for god knows how long, it was finally replaced with the seven perfect boys. Their appearance instantly caused a great uproar in the spectators stand. All the fans were screaming as if there was no tomorrow. On the other hand, Eun Ji’s widened her eyes and focused her attention on the stage with her fists clenched excitedly.

The first performance was ‘Come Back Again’ and it turned out to be a really good start to their concert. All of them were in sync and were practically shining on stage. The crowd went hysteric with their perfect performance and were cheering loudly at the end of it. After several performances, the boys were starting to get a little tired and sweaty but they still gave their best shot for the concert. Woo Hyun scanned the crowd once more as he sang his line.  He wanted to find Eun Ji but it was almost impossible to find an individual in the large sea of people.

At that time, he regretted not asking which sector she was assigned to. He smirked and went back to the group, allowing the next member to sing his line. Eun Ji was cheering and enjoying herself in the concert. However, at the same time, she felt a little funny inside. Seeing Woo Hyun smartly dressed up, singing and dancing charismatically along with the others, she felt distant from him. He seemed like another Nam Woo Hyun, not the one who ate with her in a simple restaurant, played with her at the arcade and joked around with her. He seemed really different standing on stage-like a real idol.

Unknown emotions were swirling inside her. She felt insignificant in the big crowd of fans. Looking around her and back to the dancing Woo Hyun, she felt inferior suddenly. She was just like the other fans beside her but he was the highlight of the show. She couldn’t help but think that to Woo Hyun, she was probably just another ordinary fan girl who he reluctantly had to act with in a reality show. After the filming, they would most likely just separate and return to their designated life like nothing of this ever happened.

 From then on, he would continue being the charming idol on stage while she would remain as a mere fan in the spectator stand.

 “Park Eun Ji, you are just another inspirit.” Eun Ji reminded herself in her mind.


Author's Note:
Hey guys !:D
I finally updated a new chapter (:
Leave me a comment so that I know whether you enjoyed reading ^^ !~
Please subscribe if you are new :D
I watched the live streaming of INFINITE's second invasion on youtube and was really sad when it ended after 5 performances D:
However, 5 is better than 0, I guess.. (:
Anyways, thanks for reading 'You are my boyfriend' ! <3