Audition

You are my boyfriend.

Eun Ji straightened the long skirt she was wearing and looked around. All she could see were many other girls all dressed up, busily conversing excitedly in their own groups. Some of them had heavy make-up on while the others wore pretty dresses and heels. She looked down at her own simple attire and became self-conscious out of a sudden. Shifting her bag, she covered her body and looked down, embarrassed.

 As one by one the others entered the room, she began to feel more and more nervous. It was nearing to her turn for the audition. Playing around with her fingers, she felt her palm turning sweaty again. Her heart was palpitating rapidly as yet another candidate left the group for the audition. Then, her cell phone vibrated. She slipped her phone out of her bag and opened the message received.

“Unnie! Don’t be too scared, I know you can do it~ FIGHTING!” she read the message from her little sister and smiled.

“Park Eun Ji?” The woman exited from the room with a clipboard in her hand.

Looking down at the last person seated on the chair, she signaled for her to come in. Eun Ji stood up, straightened her clothes, closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. Entering the air-conditioned room, there was a dead silence lingering in the air and she felt many eyes directed towards her.  She stood before a long table with four judges seated there. They were all holding onto a pen, ready to evaluate her on her printed application form.  Eun Ji spotted a camera man at the side of the room, videoing the proceeding. She felt a little fidgety but still managed a passable self-introduction.

“Anneonghasaeyo, Park Eun Ji imnida.” She bowed down and said nervously.

“So… Why do you want to audition to cast for “You are my boyfriend”?” one of the judges asked as she pushed up her silver-rimmed spectacles.

“I like INFINITE a lot and I hope to be able to film with them.” Eun Ji answered truthfully. She bit her lips, regretting her straightforward answer the instant they left .

“Wow, she is the first one that is so honest! The previous candidates all gave those politically correct crap like they want to widen their horizon and expose themselves to the entertainment industry more. All of them refused to admit that they came for the shallow reason which is for the boys...except this one.” The lady thought as she nodded her head, satisfied with Eun Ji’s honesty.

“How different do you think you are from the others?” the man sitting beside the lady straightened himself and asked as he tapped the pen on the table repeatedly.

 “I have not dated before and I am a plain girl.” She answered simply.

“Never dated before? Seriously?! Hmms…But in this case the show will be brought to a whole new different level if she is chosen …” The man thought to himself as he took down his mental note.

“Is there anything else you want to say?” another one of them asked.

Eun Ji shook her head and flashed a sweet smile.

“Okay, that’s all. You may leave now…” The woman from before pointed to the door.

“Thank you very much. Hope you will have a nice day.” Eun Ji greeted politely as she bowed and took her leave.

After her exit, the judges turned and looked at one another.

“I think the last girl is quite interesting…” The bespectacled lady said.

“I agree.” The man replied as he nodded again.

“Ring~ Ring~” The phone of the main judge rang.

“Yoboseyo?” She answered the call.

The rest of the judges resumed to flipping through their stack of evaluation slips.

“Okay, I understand. Thank you.” The lady ended the call.

“The INFINITE member has already been chosen.” She announced to the rest as she pushed up her spectacles again.

“And I think the last girl is most suitable for him.” She continued with a smile.

“No objections. She is my most suitable candidate on my list anyways.” The man said.

“Me too. I am fine with her.” The other woman agreed with the decision.

“She should be okay.” The lady said as she put her clipboard down.

“Okay, so Park Eun Ji is confirmed to be our cast for ‘You are my boyfriend’.” The main judge concluded as she held up Eun Ji’s particulars.

“Give her a confirmation call and settle everything else as soon as possible.” She instructed her assistant as she passed her the papers.

-On the bus-

“Haiz, I screwed up the audition completely… How could I say those things in an audition?!” Eun Ji scolded herself mentally and pouted.

“Park Eun Ji, you pabo!” she mumbled to herself as she knocked her head against the glass window.

“Ouch.” She muttered under her breath.

 Removing her head from the glass surface, she pressed her hand lightly on the hurting spot. Then, she looked out of the window and realized something.

“Ah! It’s my stop!~” Eun Ji exclaimed as she jumped up from the seat and pressed the bell hurriedly.

Getting off the bus, she thanked the driver with a warm smile. The moment she entered her house, a little figure appeared from nowhere and ran towards her at full speed.

“Unnie~ How was the interview?!” The cute little girl jumped up and down excitedly and asked.

“Not too good.” Eun Ji frowned as she kneeled down to her level.

“It’s okay, Eun Mi is here for unnie…” The little girl hugged her sister and her back.

Eun Ji smiled at her cute little sister’s adult-like behavior and patted her head. It was actually also because of her sister that she had a chance to go for the interview. Eun Ji was an INSPIRIT and had known about the online application to cast for “You are my boyfriend” a long time ago. However, being the shy type, she was afraid to apply for it. Hence, she would always open the online registration page and leave it there for hours, contemplating whether to send it in or not.

That night, her sister climbed onto her computer seat and submitted it on her behalf. When Eun Ji returned to her place, the application was already successful sent in and the culprit was missing. As there was only Eun Mi and her in the house, the culprit was revealed instantly. Being the caring sister, she did not scold her younger sibling.

After all, she had no reason to reprimand her since she merely did what she wanted but didn’t dare to.  A few days later, Eun Ji received a phone call surprisingly, saying she was one of the lucky fans who were randomly chosen out of the many applications to go for the audition. Not wanting to miss the rare chance, Eun Ji decided to try her luck and go for the audition.

However, never in her dreams did she expect herself to be the chosen one…


Author's Note:
Hey there ! :D
How was the first chapter? ^^
I hope you enjoyed reading :)
It was really fun to write this fic for me xD~
Anyways, A BIG THANK-YOU HUG to the 11 subscribers who subbed even before the first chapter is up :D!
Remember to leave me a comment below/ subscribe if you have not done so (;!