Episode two part 2/2

You are my boyfriend.

Entering the arcade, it was already crowded with many people. They were mainly teenagers and couples in there. Seeing the crowd, Woo Hyun tightened his grip on Eun Ji’s hand and pulled her slightly closer to him. She felt her heart skip a beat at his action so she inhaled deeply in an attempt to calm her heart down.  She was thankful for the dim lightings in there as it hid her blushing face from Woo Hyun. Their first stop was at the Basketball throwing machine.

“Let’s have a competition! The one with the lowest score loses.” Woo Hyun turned to Eun Ji and said.

“Will there be a punishment for the loser?” Eun Ji asked worriedly.

“The person who loses will owe the other something.” Woo Hyun replied with a wink.

Eun Ji swallowed her saliva and nodded in understanding. Woo Hyun had his turn first and he performed really well. Almost every throw was accurate and he was really fast. His score almost beat the high score of the machine. Eun Ji clapped at the end of his game and she had a feeling she would definitely lose. She was never the sports type of person after all. Walking to the machine, she pressed the ‘start’ button and the balls began rolling down the inclined ramp.

Picking up the first, she gave her best shot but it bounced off the hoop. Taking the second one, Eun Ji threw again and missed badly. Trying for the third time, the ball merely bounced off the wall and hit her on her head. Woo Hyun hurriedly ran over and supported her. He then helped her out. He took over her and continued playing with all his might. At the end of the game, Eun Ji’s score surprisingly became higher than Woo Hyun’s first score.

“You won.” Woo Hyun declared with a bright smile.

He then gently rubbed the part where Eun Ji was hit by the basketball previously. Eun Ji thought she felt herself melt from the warmth of his palm on her head.

“I owe you one.” Woo Hyun said.

“But…It was because you helped me.” Eun Ji muttered under her breath.

“But that game is yours so I am considered the one who lost.” He insisted with a smile.

“Cut!” The cameraman said and flashed a thumbs-up.

Woo Hyun then removed his hand from Eun Ji’s head and smiled awkwardly.

“We will move on to the doll catching machine.” He said as he walked over there.

After clearing the people at the machines, filming resumed.

“Ahh~ we caught it!” Eun Ji yelled as the metal claw grasped the soft toy.

However, as it rose through the air, the toy dropped back to its original position. Woo Hyun rolled his eyes and ruffled his hair in frustration. It was the tenth time he failed.

“Let’s try again.” Eun Ji said with an encouraging smile.

It was a requirement in episode 2 to catch something for her from the arcade.

Woo Hyun took in a deep breath and nodded his head, dejected.

The metal grasp lowered and grabbed a teddy bear before rising up again. The two stared at it intently and in anticipation. The metal grasp returned to its starting position and dropped the toy into the toy collection hole.

“YAY! We got it!!” Eun Ji screamed as she jumped up and down in excitement.

Bending down, Woo Hyun took out the cute teddy and handed to Eun Ji. She hugged it tightly and flashed a cute smile.

“It is cute… like you.” Woo Hyun teased and chuckled.

Eun Ji blushed and lowered her head shyly.

“Okay! Cut!” The cameraman said as he switched off the camera.

However, Woo Hyun had an unreadable expression on as he looked at the cameraman. The cameraman saw him and spoke.

“Don’t worry. The editing crew will edit until it turns into a one attempt success. No one must know our cool Nam Woo Hyun tried ten times before he succeeded in getting a soft toy for his girlfriend.” The cameraman joked and laughed.

Woo Hyun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and laughed along. Eun Ji smiled too as she brushed the fur of the teddy gently.

Episode 2 Filming ended.

They got out of the arcade and was about to separate ways. Woo Hyun had turned in the opposite direction and ready to follow the cameraman when Eun Ji tapped him.

“The money for lunch.” She informed as she passed him the exact amount for her food share.

“It’s okay. I will treat you.” Woo Hyun said as he pushed her hand back to her.

“It is against my principles for others to treat me without any reason.” She mumbled.

“Aish. You are my girlfriend so I ought to treat you.” Woo Hyun replied, pushing her hand once again.

“But we are… fake.” Eun Ji said softly as she lowered her head.

Woo Hyun did not catch her last words as it was almost inaudible.

“Okay then I will get going first. See you soon!” He said as he waved at her and ran along to catch up with the cameraman.

“This girl… I bet she didn’t date before. What kind of girl nowadays would insist paying a guy back for a meal?” Woo Hyun laughed a little at the thought of that.

Returning home…

“Unnie~” Eun Mi screamed as she jumped off the dining chair.

Eun Ji smiled and entered the house.

“I am hungry.” Eun Mi pouted and rubbed her tummy repeatedly.

“Arraso. I will cook dinner now.” Eun Ji said as she placed her bag and the teddy on the sofa.

Putting on the apron, Eun Ji quickly whipped up some dishes. As she exited the kitchen, she spotted Eun Mi playing around with the teddy Woo Hyun gave her. She quickly rushed over and took it back from her younger sister protectively.

“Unnie… Teddy is cute, can you give it to me?” She asked as she batted her eyelids innocently.

“Umm…Eun Mi-ah, sorry but unnie can’t give this to you. It’s a gift.” Eun Ji said.

Eun Mi pouted and ran off to the dining table, apparently upset. Eun Ji sighed as she looked down at the teddy and back at her sister. She then settled it on the couch once again and joined her sister for dinner. Eun Mi ignored Eun Ji throughout the dinner for not giving in to her request. It was the first time Eun Ji rejected her. She had always given in to her no matter what her demands were.

Finishing dinner, Eun Mi ran into her room and closed her door loudly in defiance. Eun Ji shook her head and continued eating.  After cleaning up, Eun Ji went back to her room. She washed up and climbed into bed. Closing her eyes, Eun Ji recalled how Woo hyun held her hand on the street and in the arcade. The scene when he rubbed her head gently made her heart race once again. She smiled blissfully as she hugged the teddy he caught for her to her chest.

“Good night, Nam Bear.” She muttered under her breath.


Author's Note:
Hey there!!:D Sorry for the slow update:X
Hope you are enjoying 'You are my boyfriend' so far ^^
Please subscribe/ comment :D !
Thank you so much for reading~<3