Final episode part 1/2

You are my boyfriend.

“This is going to be the last episode already. We have to make it impactful and saddening enough to move the viewers. There are some things I want you two to take note. First, look at page 3. Eun Ji, when the two of you part I want you to cry but not let Woo Hyun see. It must be more of a natural thing and should not look too fake.  For Woo Hyun, you must act as if you don’t care less. Hmm, that’s about it. Any questions for today’s filming?” the director looked to the two of them and asked.

“No.” Woo Hyun replied simply.

“I understand fully.” Eun Ji answered.

“Great! Do well for the last filming and we will be able to wrap things up quickly! Go get prepared.” The director said as he patted on their shoulders before leaving.

“Today is the last episode…” Woo Hyun pointed out plainly.

Eun Ji felt a sharp pain in her heart as Woo Hyun reminded her. Time had passed by so quickly without her realizing and now it was time to part already. It seemed like only yesterday when she went for the audition and met Woo Hyun at the entertainment building for episode 1. She absolutely hated parting and especially, she dreaded parting with Woo Hyun because she knew never in her life would a mere fan like her see him in this manner ever again.  Their next encounter would probably be Woo Hyun performing on stage and her standing in the audience stand , looking from afar.

“Yea. It’s the last.” She answered in a sad tone.

“What are the two of you standing here like statues for? The shooting is beginning... Faster, faster! Put away the scripts and get ready!” Hae Rin rushed as she pushed the two of them to the where the cameras were set up.

One of the staff took the scripts from them and with the signal from the director, the filming of the last episode began.

Filming of final episode

“Will you miss me after today?” Woo Hyun asked as he looked over to Eun Ji.

“Will you?” Eun Ji threw the question back to him.

She looked into his eyes and awaited his reply.

“I asked the question first so you ought to reply me before I do…” Woo Hyun said as he pulled his gaze away.

“I refuse to answer unless you tell me first.” Eun Ji stuck out her tongue.

“Whatever.” Woo Hyun said and chuckled.

The two continued walking down the bustling street.

“Let’s go to the café.” Woo Hyun suggested as he grabbed Eun Ji’s hand.

“I wonder if I would ever get to hold his warm hands after today…?” Eun Ji thought as she trailed behind him.

The two entered the café and the bell hung on the glass door twinkled as if it was welcoming them. Woo Hyun chose a corner seat and the couple settled down. Picking up the menu, Woo Hyun called for the waitress.

“Can I have a cup of latte and…” Woo Hyun paused and looked to Eun Ji.

“Make it two cups please.” Eun Ji said with a nice smile.

“T-Two cu-cups of latte would be coming yo-your way. Thanks.” The waitress stuttered as she blushed madly when Woo Hyun passed her the menu.

After the waitress left, the two exchanged glances and laughed a little at the waitress’s cute response.

“So… today is the last episode...” Woo Hyun started.

“Let’s do something special!” Eun Ji said.

“Special?” Woo Hyun repeated in a confused manner.

“Let’s write each other a short farewell message to keep as a form of memory after today.” She suggested.

“Alright. Then we have to rate each other over 10 at the end of the message.” Woo Hyun agreed.

Eun Ji took out her notebook and tore two empty pages from the back and passed one to Woo Hyun.

“No peeping.” Eun Ji said as she handed Woo Hyun a pen.

“You too.” Woo Hyun said as he took the pen and uncapped it.

While waiting for their order, the two were writing a short message for the each other. After some time, they were both done. Eun Ji folded her paper into half while Woo Hyun faced the paper down.

“He-Here is your order. Pl-Please enjoy.” The waitress returned and placed the cups of latte on the table carefully.

“Thank you.” Woo Hyun said with a smile which made the waitress run off ecstatically in quick steps.

“Was he trying to charm the cute waitress?” Eun Ji thought and pouted.

“Let’s exchange.” Woo Hyun said as he turned back to Eun Ji and pushed his paper across the table.

They exchanged and began reading. The different cameras then zoomed up on the individual letters.

To: Eun Ji

I am really glad that you are my girlfriend for this show. You are such an innocent, simple and nice girl. I enjoyed your companion for the past few episodes filming and I hope you had fun too. Hope you will still remember me after today and don’t forget what we experienced.
I would always remember.

I bet you would never find a hotter boyfriend like me in future. ^^ I know I am the hottest being on Earth… Don’t you agree? Hahaha… With regards to your question, I think I will miss you too after the show ends.
For the rating, I would rate you 10/10.

PS: All inspirits make full marks girlfriend.

Eun Ji felt her heart flutter as she read the message. Especially when she read the part when Woo Hyun said he he would miss her, she felt like crying. However, the last line of the message made her heart freeze in position.

“All inspirits make full marks girlfriend? Hah. At the end of the day, it is because I am his inspirit that he gave me full marks?! The message isn’t specially for me but for the viewers and other inspirits to see. I guess I forgot. I forgot that everything is for the sake of the show… What was I thinking of when I thought he would write a proper and genuine message for me to keep as a form of memory? Park Eun Ji, you are just too naïve.” Eun Ji thought as a tear slipped out of her eyes.

“Aww~ You are so touched by my message?” Woo Hyun teased as he looked up from her note.

“Ye-Yea.” Eun Ji lied as she hid her sadness.

“Wait. I am not done reading yours.” Woo Hyun looked back to her message.

To: Woo Hyun

It seems like only yesterday when I passed the audition and was called up to inform me that I was chosen for the filming for ‘You are my boyfriend’. Did you know I was really really glad when I realised my boyfriend was you? Although you have a greasy image to most inspirits. Through this fliming, I have got to know your caring, sweet and serious sides which is different from the you on screen. The answer to your question just now is ‘I will’.
I will miss you after today, my first ‘boyfriend’ ...
I really enjoyed the filming which I thought would be scary. I am dreading today to come but I know we still have to part in the end. Everything would be back to normal like how we never started. I rate you 10/10 because you are my first and I believe the best boyfriend. All the best and I hope INFINITE would soar even higher!

Woo Hyun felt her message touched the deepest part of his heart. Her message was simple but sincere, unlike his. He had added some greasy statements and tried to induce viewers’ emotions  in the letter for her. He felt bad.

“I am done reading.” Woo Hyun informed as he folded the letter.

Eun Ji smiled as she kept his letter in her bag. Woo Hyun took out his wallet and slipped her message into one of his compartments. Eun Ji felt touched when she saw keeping her note carefully away.

“To signify the end, we have to do one more thing.” Woo Hyun said in a flat tone.

“What are we supposed to do?”

“Delete each other’s number from our phones.” Woo Hyun said to her.

It was the script’s requirement. Reluctantly, Eun Ji took out the phone and scrolled to Woo Hyun’s contact page. Hovering her finger over the ‘delete contact’ button, she eventually deleted it as told . She felt her heart sink even further.

“If only I could delete him from my heart this easily…” Eun Ji thought.

Woo Hyun’s phone vibrated so he opened the message.

“Shall we get going then? My manager says he is waiting for me to go with him to INFINITE’s next schedule.” Woo Hyun informed as he drank the remains of the latte from the cup.

Eun Ji put down her cup and nodded lightly.

“It’s time already.” She thought.

Stepping out of the café, the couple looked to each other.

“I got to go. Seems like this is really farewell…” Woo Hyun said as he felt his heart getting squeezed.

“Can… Can I ask for a farewell hug?” Eun Ji requested.

Woo Hyun stepped forward and pulled her in for a tight hug. In his arms, she wanted time to freeze so she could stay in his embrace forever. She didn’t want them to part. After a few second, Woo Hyun released her and smiled. Eun Ji felt tears b in her eyes, threatening to fall.

“Bye.” Eun Ji said as she turned around quickly and started walking away.

Those tears which she held back began streaming down her face. She didn’t wipe because she was not supposed to let Woo Hyun know she was crying. Her heart was really aching and those tears were flowing down on her own accord. Woo Hyun turned and walked off in the opposite direction. Eun Ji turned back to see whether Woo Hyun turned back to check on her but he did not as scripted.

“Cut!” The director shouted as he jumped up from the chair.

Woo Hyun walked back and Eun Ji gathered before the director too.

“That was awesome! Especially Eun Ji, your acting can seriously win the best actress award for the year if this was a drama!” The director praised.

Tears were still being produced by her tear glands and she just couldn’t seem to stop them.

“Here.” A piece of tissue was offered to Eun Ji.

 

Author's Note:
Hello everyone! :D
I finally finished a chapter update for 'You are my boyfriend' ^^
Hope you guys enjoyed reading and would comment below.
Please note that the next chapter would be the last chapter already.
Aww~ Will you guys miss me? ^^
Heh. Alright, I am going off to sleep. There is still school tomorrow):
Nights everyone ~