Final episode part 2/2

You are my boyfriend.

“Those feelings are real, you stupid director.”Hae Rin scolded the director mentally after passing Eun Ji the tissue.

“I, hereby announce this is the official end to ‘You are my boyfriend’ with this perfect finale!” The director announced loudly and proudly.

That sent all the members on site into a round of loud cheering and excitement.  However, only three were unmoved by the announcement. Woo Hyun was looking at Eun Ji who was holding back those forming tears while Hae Rin sighed at the plight of the two.

“Now… It’s really over.” Eun Ji thought.

“Okay, everyone can pack up and get ready for celebratory dinner!”  The director instructed causing everyone to cheer even louder.

The director walked off and Hae Rin followed him, leaving the two alone.

“You really can’t bear to part with me huh?” Woo Hyun teased as he stepped closer to Eun Ji.

“Thank you for everything.” She thanked with a forced smile.

“Park Eun Ji, do not cry. At least not in front of Woo Hyun.” She told herself firmly.

“Woo Hyun! Your manager is here, looking for you!” One of the staff shouted over.

“Okay, I will be there right away!” Woo Hyun replied before walking off.

Eun Ji wiped off the tear which eventually slipped out of her eyes once Woo Hyun was out of sight. She walked over to her bag and took out the notebook. She then placed some dollar bills between the pages and closed it. Secretly, she slipped the notebook into Woo Hyun’s bag.  After a while, Woo Hyun returned to Eun Ji’s side with an unreadable expression on.

“Hey, I got to go… INFINITE’s schedule is brought forward so I can’t go for the celebratory dinner.” Woo Hyun said.

“Oh. I see… Goodbye and take care!” Eun Ji replied with a weak smile.

“Goodbye.” Woo Hyun looked into her teary eyes and said.

“Is that all you have to say to me?” Woo Hyun thought to himself and sighed inwardly.

Picking up his bag with deflated shoulders, Woo Hyun waved to Eun Ji once more.

“Woo Hyun!” Eun Ji called out as she saw Woo Hyun leaving already.

“Yea?” Woo Hyun spun about with a hopeful smile.

“I…I…Umm… Just want to say ‘thank you’ again.” Eun Ji slapped herself mentally for not saying what she really wanted to.

“You said that before already. And you’re welcome.” Woo Hyun replied in a slightly disappointed tone.

“Woo Hyun! Stop talking already! We are running late!” His manager ran over and started nagging.

“Bye for real.” Woo Hyun thought as he looked to Eun Ji for the last time before being dragged away by his manager.

 “I like you for real.” Eun Ji muttered softly those words once she was left there alone.

She had lacked the courage to say this to him a moment ago when she still had the chance.  Eun Ji regretted. She should not have cared what he thought and how he would react. She should have just said what her heart told her to. But now everything was over. She would never have the chance to see him again. Woo Hyun was gone from her life with the end of ‘You are my boyfriend’.

 Months ago, he had stepped out from the music videos, reality shows, and fan cam, into her simple life. However, now he had exited her life and returned everything to where it used to be. She felt sad, really sad just at the thought of not seeing him in person anymore. She felt her heart getting torn apart at the thought of Woo Hyun forgetting her despite the words he said before the camera. She knew better that she was just a mere inspirit, another fan of INFINITE and yet another ordinary girl. She knew it and it hurts like mad.

She meant nothing to him when he meant the whole world to her.

“Eun Ji-ah! Why are you standing there like a statue?! Faster get changed to your own clothes and we are off to celebrate~!” One of the staff said with an excited smile.

“Ne. I will go get changed right away~” Eun Ji replied, smiling away.

“Her smile is obviously faked.” Hae Rin thought as she looked from afar.

“Life of fan girl.” Hae Ri mumbled to herself and sighed.

Woo Hyun dug into his bag in search of his phone when he touched an unfamiliar item. Confused, he removed it from his bag. It was a note book which did not belong to him. He then unbuckled the strap curiously and a wad of notes dropped out from between the pages. He picked the money up, placed it aside and began reading the scribbled words and numbers.  

On the pages were detailed accounts of Woo Hyun’s spending on Eun Ji during every single date they went on. He read her records and side notes with an amused smile spread across his face. However, when he reached the last page, his smile faded away.

To: Woo Hyun

I know you would not take back this money you spent on me but I just have to return it so I resorted to this. I bet you are laughing at my stubbornness now but that doesn’t matter because you can’t laugh at me anyway.
After today, we would probably not see each other anymore...
Thank you for the memories, the fun and everything else.
Thank you for helping me during the filming.
Thank you for… being my first ‘boyfriend’.
Although to you maybe I am just another inspirit whom you are arranged to film a reality show with but to me you are a dream come true. An unreal dream.
After today, I am going to lock away the beautiful memories when we went to the arcade, when we first held hands, when we went to lotte world to ice skate, when we went to the beach with Eun Mi and when you saved me from those anti-fans.
I will not forget because I won’t be able to.
I would miss you, really.
Haha, I am crying now already… This is so embarrassing.
Anyway, Woo Hyun, I promise I will be somewhere supporting INFINITE
Even if you can’t see me in the crowd, just know that I am somewhere out there shouting your name.
Best wishing for your future! ^^
You will always be the best. <3

-Eun Ji

After reading her note, Woo Hyun felt his heartstrings being tugged at, real hard.

“Woo Hyun, get off already! We reached. The boys are on the third floor waiting already.” The manager turned behind and said.

Closing the notebook with the money in it, he hurriedly shoved it back into his bag.

“Haha, I spaced out a little. I will go find them right away. See you later, hyung!”  Woo Hyun said before getting off the van.

“Nam Woo Hyun, time for schedule, time for schedule. Concentrate. Concentrate.” He told himself as he inhaled deeply.

With a practiced smile, Woo Hyun walked past the fans who were camping outside the building. With the security guards guarding by his side, he entered into the building safely. They were still screaming at the top of their voices and slamming the glass doors and that irked him. However, he pretended to be unaffected and still threw hearts at them.  That was the life of an idol. No matter how much the crazy fan girls put them off, they still have to smile and pretend to like them. It was his job to make fans happy.  It’s them who have brought them this far so he was supposed to be ‘grateful’. Walking out of the sight of the fans, Woo Hyun dropped the smile and quickened his pace. Eun Ji’s words were still bothering him at the back of his mind and he was confused.

“You okay?” Hae Rin asked as she looked to Eun Ji.

“Yea. It’s just that I am not really hungry.” She said as she placed the chopsticks down.

“You want to go out for a walk?” Hae Rin asked.

“Alright.” Eun Ji nodded and smiled.

“Director, Eun Ji and I would go out for a stroll first. We are too full already.” Hae Rin informed.

“Go on, go on. Don’t disturb me.” The director waved in an irritated manner.

He then continued drinking and playing finger games with the other staff. The two girls exited the food shop and set their foot on the soft sandy beach. Walking closer to the sea, they sat down beside one another. As Eun Ji looked to the vast sea, memories of Woo Hyun and her from the last episode filming came rushing back to her. Her tear glands were activated again but she fought back those tears.

“You know… You can do the ‘Throw stone, throw trouble’ thing if you are really unhappy.” Hae Rin offered as she handed Eun Ji a stone.

“I look very unhappy?” Eun Ji asked as she rested her head on her knees.  

“Eun Ji-ah, you know… it’s normal. I have seen many girls like you who fall for their favourite idol during the filming period. Many of them end up hurting themselves because the idols don’t give a damn. Bu-” Hae Rin was cut off by Eun Ji.

“Unnie, please don’t say anymore.”

“But Woo Hyun, he…” Hae Rin turned to her and paused when she heard Eun Ji crying.

Eun Ji looked away and stood up without saying anything. Taking a step closer to the wide ocean, she brought the stone which Hae Rin gave her to her lips.

“Nam Woo Hyun, goodbye for real.” She mumbled.

With that, Eun Ji threw the stone away with all her might as if trying to throw Woo Hyun out of her mind.

“But Woo Hyun, he is different. He seems to like you too.” Hae Rin finished off her sentence in her mind.

Looking at Eun Ji with a sympathetic gaze, Hae Rin shook her head.

“But I guess this is no longer important at times like this… After all, an idol and a fan will never work out.” Hae Ri thought to herself and sighed.

Pulling her gaze away from the sea, Eun Ji walked back to Hae Rin and sat down.

“Now I am fine.” She assured with a smile.

“If you say so.” Hae Rin said.

Eun Ji kept quiet and stared at the sea gulls fly by freely in the sky.

“Eun Ji-ah, let’s gossip.” Hae Rin tried to distract her.

 “Alright! I will start first! Err, you know the guy that is in charge of the lightings? That day I saw him flirting with the make-up artist who flatly rejected him.” Eun Ji said and they both laughed.

The talking went on with Hae Rin using her phone once in a while until the sky eventually darkened. The two were too engrossed in their conversation that they were oblivious to someone who was approaching them.

“Hey.” The person said.

“This…This voice…?!” Eun Ji gasped.

Turning behind, she saw Woo Hyun, the guy she thought would never stand before her after the separation.  

“Seems like I am not needed anymore, huh?” Hae Rin said as she slipped her phone back into her pocket.

“Thanks, Hae Rin.” Woo hyun said as he looked over to her.

“No problem.” Hae Rin winked playfully and patted on Eun Ji’s shoulders.

Eun Ji looked at Hae Rin in a confused manner, not knowing what was going on. Hae Rin merely smiled and walked away, leaving the two alone once more. Woo Hyun then occupied Hae Rin’s space and chuckled when he saw Eun Ji still in shock.

“Aren’t… Aren’t you supposed to be in schedule?” Eun Ji asked.

“I rushed over right after the schedule ended.” He said with a smile.

“Oh, I see…” She nodded in understanding.

Eun Ji then turned back to face the sea with her heart beating fast. His smile charmed her, yet again. After which, there was a lingering silence between the two. Both parties were waiting for each other to speak first. The only sound present was the splashing of waves along the shoreline which seemed to be prompting them to break the awkward silence.

“Umm, there is going to be a ‘You are my boyfriend’ season 2… Do you know?” Woo Hyun gave in to the silence.

“Really? When is it starting?” Eun Ji turned to him, surprised.

“Soon.” Woo Hyun replied simply.

“Aish. Park Eun Ji, why are you so excited for? Even if there is really a season 2, he is probably going to be filming with someone else…” Eun Ji thought sadly to herself.

“Good for you then.” Eun Ji said in a disappointed manner and turned away.

“So Park Eun Ji… Are you ready to film season 2 ‘You are my boyfriend’ real life version with me?” Woo Hyun asked with a playful smile.

“Flim… Season 2… Real life version…” Eun Ji digested his words slowly.

“Wh-What did you say?!” Eun Ji stuttered when she finally realized what Woo Hyun just said.

“I say, will you… be my girlfriend, for real?” he looked into her eyes and asked with a smirk.

Eun Ji stared back into Woo Hyun’s eyes, blinking rapidly. Her heart was pounding crazily and she wondered why it still has not jumped out of her chest and drop onto the sand. She didn’t know how to react so she couldn’t help but freeze in her position. Everything felt like a dream, a really unreal one.

“No, you are not dreaming, pabo.” He said with another smile which made Eun Ji blush even harder.

It was as if he managed to read her mind.

“Still not convinced that you are not dreaming?” Woo Hyun asked and rolled his eyes.

Without any warning, he started leaning towards Eun Ji. This time, she felt even her blood froze in her veins as she gulped down a ball of saliva formed in . Her heart was accelerating with every millimeter moved by Woo Hyun. He tilted his head slightly into a perfect angle and finally, the distance was closed, completely. Their lips met and it was as if fireworks exploded around them. Eun Ji didn’t know what to do so she continued to stone. After all, it was her first kiss. Woo Hyun, on the other hand, was kissing her in a gentle manner with closed eyes. Suddenly, Eun Ji broke the kiss.

 “Woo Hyun, so-someone might see us.” Eun Ji pushed him away nervously and said.

Woo Hyun rolled his eyes in annoyance before leaning forward and claiming her lips again.

“I don’t care.” Eun Ji felt Woo Hyun mumble those words against her lips.

She swore she had died at that moment when he kissed her like there was no tomorrow.

With their hands laced tightly together, the couple strolled along the isolated part of the beach. Shyly, Eun Ji looked over to Woo Hyun but looked away quickly when he caught her staring. He laughed a little at her cuteness and sweetly brought the back of her hand to his lips. Giving it a light peck, he smiled at Eun Ji charmingly. Looking into his affectionate eyes, Eun Ji felt her heart beat fast again. Everything felt like a beautiful dream.

He was treating her sweetly and affectionately.

But this time.

It was no longer for the sake of the show.

"Nam Woo Hyun, you are my boyfriend." Eun Ji thought with a blissful smile as she held onto him even more tightly.

 

Author's Note:
Hello everyone! :D
I am so sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long... I was really busy with school.D:
Hope this final chapter was worth the wait and you guys liked it <3!
Anyway, I would like to thank all my subscribers, commenters and readers!
You guys are awesome and I love you people so much <3 !!!
Today, is my bestie's birthday and since I wrote this fic for her dearest Woo Hyun...
Here you go, your fourth present from me ^^ ~ (I posted 5 seconds late so happy belated noob ): )
I, hereby announce that 'You are my boyfriend' has offically ended.
Thank you so much for supporting 'You are my boyfriend' (: ...

 

STOP! Don't run away yet! Go on and check out my other fics ^^ (Hehehe...)
See you again someday!(: