Chapter 7

The remaining 1%


I found myself alone with her again in the van. I forgot that my driver isn't around. The air felt so awkward again that I kept thinking about what I should talk about with her.

"Do you know my schedule for tomorrow, T-tzuyu-ssi" I stuttered as I tried calling her with her first name.

"I'm your driver & stylist Sana-ssi, not your manager"  she said with a serious face which made me embarrassed

"You don't need to worry about having a conversation with me. You could just rest. I can guess that you'll have a busy schedule for tomorrow" she said and looked at me with a warm smile. My heart pounded as I saw it.

"Cute" I whispered. I saw her glance at me, but she looked at the road immediately.

I eased my mind "yeah, I don't need to start a conversation with her; I'll just take a rest for now" and a little while, I unconsciously fell asleep.

A few hours passed, I felt a nudge on my shoulder, but I refused to wake up. I felt a nudge again, but I felt drained that I refused to open my eyes. Seconds passed, I didn't feel anything, so not long, I instantly fell asleep again.

~The Next Day~

"That was a nice sleep," I said as I stretched my body and went to the kitchen.

I saw Jihyo putting on some utensils, and as she saw me, she looked at me teasingly, and I looked at her confusingly.

I went to the bathroom to wash up and get ready, and as I went out, I saw Jeongyeon surpassing her smile before going in.

I went to my room to get changed, and as I came out, Nayeon was standing outside while wiggling her eyebrows. I sat at the dining table, looking confused.

Momo sat right in front of me while smiling like a fool. "So how was it, huh?" she asked me, but I didn't know what she was talking about.

"How was what? My work?" I asked, "No, I mean Chou Tzuyu, your stylist" she said teasingly. "What about her?" I asked her again, but she suddenly placed a bunch of food between us.

"She carried you to your room" Chaeyoung said as she removed the food delivery from the plastic bag. My mind didn't process right away as I heard what she said, so I sat blankly for a few seconds.

"Eh!? Chou Tzuyu?!" I shouted, and my eyes grew wide. "Why are you surprised? Wasn't it intentional" Momo said while grinning. "Of course not" I answered her back

"Oh, she said you refused to wake up, so she didn't have a choice but to carry you" Nayeon answered as she sat on the table.

"Were you drunk, unnie?" Chaeyoung asked seriously. "She probably was drunk," Jeongyeon added as she sat at the dining table before I could even answer.

"No, I wasn't. I was just really tired" I answered immediately to remove the misunderstanding that would form.